This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2013 1:57 PM by jtrain118 RSS

Blackberry 10 phones

freestylemax Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone heard if Sprint is going to go with the Blackberry 10 phones? Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile will. I think it would help SPrint to do so also.

• 1. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    AZONX8472 Regular Visitor

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/11/3866182/sprint-confirms-that-it-too-will-carry-blackberry-10-smartphones-this

Sprint itself has too just confirmed that it will carry the BB10 devices in a statement made from Sprint to TheVerge.

• 2. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    KennedyHeatCool Regular Visitor

Later this year Sprint says.... Who wants to wait any longer. Jan 30th is the launch date. Sprint doesnt care about its Blackberry customers any more. They have moved on and so will we.

• 3. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    fillyfelicia Newbie

As of recently Sprint did make a statement, that they will now have Blackberry 10 devices later this year exact date and how many devices they will carry is still unclear, however I hope they do not decide to release the phones to late into the year, I think it is in Blackberry's best interest to release this phone at the same time other carriers do, Sprint has great data plans, not always the best service and s of lately  they are lacking behind with phone availability compared to its competitor Verizon and even ATAT an Tmobile, Sprint adding the Blackberry 10 to its lineup of phones this year will definetly boost sales even more, believe it or not there are still Blackberry users and fans out there. This is coming from someone who has both a blackberry and android and have used apple products, im very excited for the relase of Blackberry 10.

• 4. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    noneyo Regular Visitor

I will not wait for BB10 until May. I won't wait until end of February if Verizon gets it before Sprint does, then I'm gone!

• 5. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    noneyo Regular Visitor

I will not wait for BB10 until May. I won't wait until end of February if Verizon gets it before Sprint does, then I'm gone!

• 6. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    noneyo Regular Visitor

• 7. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    Dutchie Sprint Employee

I would like to chime in if you all don't mind.  We are definitely getting the BB 10 devices as we previously have announced. We will get them later this year. Any speculation on when exactly when, is exactly that, speculation. I have seen analysts say the weirdest things, so I would not put my trust in any statements of them.  I'm a Blackberry man myself and I cannot wait to finally move to the 2013's phone wise. 

The big launch event is tomorrow so I expect some more news shortly after that from various carriers about launch dates. I did read that RIM gives certain markets worldwide priority due to strong presence like Europe and South America so let's see what they say tomorrow.

I do know it looks pretty awesome and that I finally, after being teased by my wife for a year,  probably will move over to a full touch screen device. That keyboard looks awesome as does the rest of BB10

- Mark

Social Media Care

• 8. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    MR.WC Regular Visitor

Thank you Mark for chiming in and no offense is intended, but that gives us little hope. Other's like myself have been waiting and holding out on upgrading for what seems like YEARS just for this new BB10 (me personally, since Dec of 2011).  So just know you're talking to TRUE Blackberry Fans. Now that the release is less than 5 hours away, we're looking for answers and SOON. We know that Sprint has annonced their support of the new BB10 devices but "Later This YEAR" is not something we want to hear right now. We have suffered, been ridiculed, laughed at (even from some of your Sprint Employees) because we love our Blackberry's.  You thought iPhone users were serious about their devices. If we don't hear something to the effect of an end of February or even end of March release, if there aren't any teasers on the website about the device at all (REAL SOON) You're looking at a MASS Migration just for this device. The first carriers are going to get A LOT of business really fast. Be one of the FIRST Sprint.

Um just sayin...

P.S. You might want to troll the forums on Crackberry.com to see how serious this is.

• 9. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    Dutchie Sprint Employee

MR WC I fully understand how anxious people are. I have my 9930 since Nov 2011 and I cannot wait until we have more news about a date. People in my team and even my wife (she has an S3) regurarely make fun of me for my BB so I hear ya. I am also fully aware of Crackberry.com. My whole point was wait for an official announcement in regards to date instead of going with speculation of an analyst.

ps Listening to the launch event now while working. Looks all pretty impressive so far. It's a totally unique mobile experience.

- Mark

Social Media Care

• 10. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    DEMON69C Regular Visitor

Just finished watching the BB10 launch event and on a whim cruised by one of your competitors website and guess what? They already had details up for the Z10, so the "later" song is very disheartening. I really dont want to switch carriers but things like this can make one seriously rethink that decision.

• 11. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    GeekyWitch Newbie

Sprint should be a leader in this; especially since they are the ONLY remaining major carrier with a true UNLIMITED data plan. To fail to take advantage of this opportunity shows a severe lack of ambition on the part of your marketing dept. Your folks need to stop being sheep and be a wolf.

• 12. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    Dutchie Sprint Employee

I think heard Thorsten Heinz say he expects availability for most US carriers March, so no US Carrier will have it sooner than March. Again we do not have a date but he said announcements for US carriers should start today. No official announcement yet, so lets see after that.

- Mark

Social Media care

• 13. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    DEMON69C Regular Visitor

Seeing THIS did make me feel a little better (though I'm hoping the Z10 will be added to the lineup) am hoping for preorders to start soon  Now is the time to really take the ball and run with it

• 14. Re: Blackberry 10 phones
    prettyladytl35 Regular Visitor

accouring to this post sprint will only be selling the Q10... No carrier was ready to announce a price for the Q10 on Wednesday. Verizon Wireless, which will sell both the Z10 and Q10, listed a $200 price tag for only the Z10. Sprint is selling only the keyboard-equipped BlackBerry and did not list a price. AT&T did not list pricing for the Q10, and T-Mobile said it would sell only the Z10.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points