1 2 3 4 5 6 20 Previous Next 297 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2014 3:04 PM by SprintCare Go to original post RSS
  • 45. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    miser Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

I just had the same B.S. with Sprint yesterday. Unbelievable what I was told. I like most of you was given a discount from a Sprint employee at Sams Club about 5 years ago for switching from AT&T, 23%! I was happy to do so for that 23% or I would never had switched because I still under the old contract with AT&T and had a sweet deal. Well yesterday after getting several txt messages and then a phone call, I decided to find out what the **** was going on. The rep told me that I need to fax a copy of my employee I.D. to them and I was like what the **** are you talking about! She finally sent me to a supervisor who had no clue what the **** was going on and then she passed me to a "manager".. This jerk off began to get all crappy with me saying I was stealing from Sprint by taking this discount and that I should be glad they weren't asking for the money back! WHAT!!!! I told him that he needed to change his tone and that I was the customer and victim here! I told him if we couldn't work this out I would have to think about canceling my service with Sprint! He then proceeded to tell me that he would be "VERY HAPPY TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW"!!! Can you believe the nerve of Sprint? I told him that not only was I going to change carriers but I was also going to speak to the atty general for my state!! He said that's your problem and to go right ahead! So now because I was dooped 5 years ago, I'm being told I have to pay an additional 23% for this crappy sub-par service with NO 4G coverage. Although I have over a year left on my contract, I will still cancel my service this week! Sprint had better learn that they cannot treat people this way! Oh and the jerk hung up on me when I asked for his name and I.D... I have 3 phones with unlimited everything and have paid my bill early and over paid for 5 years without fail!! If this discount is more important to Sprint than a good customer that pays their bill, then they can stick their service up their A$$!! So if your monitoring this string Sprint, Say Goodbye to a lot of customers! Next time maybe you should watch your business practices! I know for a fact that Sprint promoted their sales associates to give these discounts just to get people to sign up! You are regulated by the Utility Commission just like all phone services and will investigated in the long run!!! Now I will switch to Verizon or AT&T! Oh and Boost Mobile is Sprint as well so stay away from that too! FaceBook here I come!!! Oh in addition to my 3 personal phones, I will cancel the 8 business lines as well!

• 46. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    danffx Regular Visitor

A little compromise goes a long way and they could handle that a lot differently, but you were mislead and they can't jack that discount mid-contract.  They are looking at all the money they think they lost instead of all the customers they actually got.

That manager can get canned onthe spot for that kind of treatment so I hope this does get back to Sprint because people like that have no business in customer service.

• 47. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    miser Regular Visitor

I agree I would love to know his name but the jerk wouldn't give it! When I called back and talked to yet another manager, she said well that is bad and I am sorry.. What the F$%^& ever!! Sorry my ***!! I know that Sprint has told their people to do what ever they can to get the contracts to cancel so we have no legal action against Sprint in the future! I will contact my atty general for KY and report this! Sprint is on my **** list! So whi ever is monitoring this might want to tell your manager that Sprint might want to reconsider their decision to ***** their loyal customers who have been very patient waiting for 4G even though Sprint has repeatedly lied about when it was coming!! I'm about a week from switching my service!

Ask your-self this question... Why in the **** would Sprint give better deals to Boost Mobile customers who have no contracts, than the contract signing regular Sprint customers? Seems the less commitment you have the better the deal! **** I could switch to just about any pay as you go plan and save a ton of money! And with the hackers out there I can use my overly expensive Sprint phone that I already own! See ya Sprint!

• 48. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    miser Regular Visitor

I agree I would love to know his name but the jerk wouldn't give it! When I called back and talked to yet another manager, she said well that is bad and I am sorry.. What the F$%^& ever!! Sorry my ***!! I know that Sprint has told their people to do what ever they can to get the contracts to cancel so we have no legal action against Sprint in the future! I will contact my atty general for KY and report this! Sprint is on my **** list! So whi ever is monitoring this might want to tell your manager that Sprint might want to reconsider their decision to ***** their loyal customers who have been very patient waiting for 4G even though Sprint has repeatedly lied about when it was coming!! I'm about a week from switching my service!

Ask your-self this question... Why in the **** would Sprint give better deals to Boost Mobile customers who have no contracts, than the contract signing regular Sprint customers? Seems the less commitment you have the better the deal! **** I could switch to just about any pay as you go plan and save a ton of money! And with the hackers out there I can use my overly expensive Sprint phone that I already own! See ya Sprint!

• 49. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    danffx Regular Visitor

The call was recorded.  All you need is the time and a subpoena from the atty gneral.  There may be other ways to get ahold of it.  I believe as a participant in the call they may have to release it to you in which case you can submit it to the local news.  They count on you running out of gas in your argument and jsut shutting up.  In the scheme of things one cusotmer amounts to nothing.

Persistance is the key to most of this.  They are making big money on every contract and it costs themmore to lose customers than to give discounts.  Before the new CEO they were rated by JD Power as the worst customer service oraginization in the USA. at the time they were hemorrhaging customers and he stemmed the tide.He is very sensistive to custmer service so you may want to send him a registered letter abbout your entire experience.

With the lack of 4G and the relatively poor coverage it was price that made Sprint attractive.  Remove that factor and there is little reason to stay with them.  Also, it's best to get your phones and upgrades from retailers like Best Buy where the store return policy is better than the carriers.  Get yourself 30 days to find out if you are getting screwed.

Best mobile phone customer serive I ever had was form T-Moble but the overage wasn't good enough for my business 6 years ago.  2nd best was from AT&T but the price got too high when I added 2 more phones.  Sprint had the best deal at the time so I went with them.  But with the discount loss they aren't any better than anyone else so I can move on next time.  Makes you wonder about price fixing, doesn't it?

Also note that Sprint is the only major carrier that wont' take an unlocked phone you buy elsewhere (say a Google nexus 4).  Fairly stupid since they take losses on most phones and make their money on the contracts.  Trying to save a buck on software I guess.

In the meanitme, I was able to negotiate for a 15% discount, not as good as the 25% I used to get but better than the 10% from AARP that was the only thing left in my eligibility.  (AARP just isn't that great when it comes to saving money.  Little things here and there.  Too bad. It's a great concept that hasn't really worked out).

Believe it or not, there are good large companies out there but they are few and far between.  It's like politics. Over the years the whole concept switched from service to power/profit.  That's why it's almost always best to work with small businesses (or at least commission sales people) who have something significant to lose if you leave.  Sadly, it isn't possible for a small business to build a cell network.  So either a company has to grow a conscience or we have to live with the situation as best we can.  When Sprint was in big trouble they were nice.  Now they have recovered and aren't so nice.  I wonder how hard it would be to remind people how bad it was and could be again.  Start blogging and see what happens.

• 50. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    miser Regular Visitor

I'm not sure as to why my posts are being duplicated 2 and 3 times! I am only hitting the add reply once and then I get an error!

I will take your advice concerning the recorded conversation, that's a great idea. However they do not record every conversation and in fact I believe the manager knew it wasn't being recorded and that was why I got the Mr. Hyde version of Sprint customer service! My biggest issue with all of this is the total decline in customer service in all companies! I mean when I was younger and just working my way through school I worked a lot of customer service jobs and I never remember straying from the old adage "the customer is always right", if I had of , well I would have been fired on the spot! One thing Sprint is forgetting is the fact that the masses are still in control, we have Facebook, blogs and Youtube to spread our message! Are you listening Sprint?

• 51. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    ABOGGSSPRINT1 Regular Visitor

I also just found out my discount was removed. I got this discount as an employee of a company offering the discount. I was not informed via email or text that the discount was going away or needed to be re-verified. I also was not told it would be removed when I was in the Sprint store upgrading a secondary line's phone. I will be cancelling Sprint as soon as I am out of contract with them. This is not the way for a company to do business. If anything legal comes of this, I will be participating.

• 52. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    only1ruth.e Social Care

ABOGGSSPRINT1

Sorry about the confusion. Effective 7/29/12, all existing discounts require proof of eligibility when an upgrade occurs and 20 months has passed since previous validation.

If you are still with the employer, visit http://sprint.com/discount to get started on having your discount re-applied. New employer? Visit the site to see if your new employer offers one.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

• 53. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?

While I appreciate your response, it misses the point entirely. Sprint sold me a service at a discount. Sprint told me I would have this discount as long as I remained with Sprint. Now, Sprint has removed the discount, which means Sprint lied to me. I get that the contracts may say something different, but that doesn't change the fact that I was lied to, multiple times by multiple Sprint representatives over the last 7 (almost 8) years that I have been with Sprint with the discount. This isn't the way to treat loyal customers.

• 54. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    only1ruth.e Social Care

ABOGGSSPRINT1

At the time you upgraded or started service, the information shared with you was indeed valid. The discount is a perk offered by employers for service with Sprint. No changes with employment? Verification is easy via the processes already shared. As of 7/29/12, a verification process is necessary to ensure you are still affiliated with your employer, university, credit union, etc. 

A good way to stay in the know with changes that may affect you is to review page 2 of your monthly invoice. An electronic version can be seen online. Also, http://sprint.com/newsroom is also a great source of info.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

• 55. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    Lynn77433 Regular Visitor

Ruth, the problem is that many people commenting on this topic was informed AFTER they signed a new contract.  Some people sold their old phones back to Sprint as well.  There is no problem with Sprint changing their policies or procedures, but customers should be notified BEFORE they upgrade thier accounts and are locked into a 2 year agreement. Also, in my case I had 2 discounts, one through my employer and one because I had so many issues with my account I.e, service issues, no service, over charges, etc. so it had NOTHING to do with my employer and had no expiration date.  It has now been removed because "it was applied over 2 years ago and Sprint no longer has access to those records".  AMAZING, because it's Sprints own records. 

The practice of notifying customers after the fact is quite deceptive and probably illegal.  I have been a loyal customer for 13 years, but I will definitely be changing carriers once this contract has expired.

Regards,

Lynn

• 56. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?

Ruth, I think you are still missing my point here. If the information shared with me was valid, then why was the discount removed in the first place? I had a change in employment, I'm not hiding that, but what I was told was the discount would remain on the account as long as I remained with Sprint ... NOT my employer at the time. When I upgraded multiple times over the years, I told Sprint I was not employed with the same company and they told me not to worry, that the discount would remain on the account as long as I was with Sprint. This is the issue I am having. The discount needs to be added back to my account. And to Lynn's point, Sprint representatives should be required to disclose that discounts are going to be removed from accounts PRIOR to signing a new contract. I just can't believe Sprint is doing this to their customers, especially ones who have been loyal for years and brought others to join Sprint as well.

• 57. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    tuckerbay Newbie

HI Does anyone know if you are now retired from the Federal Government, do you still qualify for the discount?

• 58. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    Lynn77433 Regular Visitor

@ABOGGSSPRINT1 - There has been several Sprint representatives that have commented on this post and they all have tried to justify what has happened.  Amazingly they have all been consistent in not responding to questions on why customers were notified only AFTER they were locked into agreements.

There was some chatter on here about a Class Action Lawsuit.  I don't want or need any financial compensation from Sprint, but I would like to have my fraudulent, deceitful contract immediately terminated so I may get another service provider.

Lynn

• 59. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?

Hi Lynn,

They don't seem too interested, at least on here, to help keep the customers. I will be calling a local Sprint store (not an "authorized dealer") to see if they will help. If not, I'll try customer service. I'll report my results here. Who knows, maybe they will be willing to keep me.

Have you tried calling a store or customer service to see if they will add your discounts back on to keep such a long-term, loyal customer? Sorry if I missed an earlier post where you said this already.

1 2 3 4 5 6 20 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...