10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2013 2:00 PM by Jenny_R20 RSS

how to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international use ?

itay_tlv Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

hello everyone,

i bought 2 iphone 5's from sprint and i moved now to israel  for few months and the phone doesnt work with a local sim card!

i was talking to sprint customer service but they are telling me that they cannot open the phone for international use becauuse i have to be at least 12 months with them under contract that they can do so...

how can i unlock the phones for international use? i never saw such a disappointing company that doenst know how to treat her customers like sprint!!!  :-(

please help me...

thnks

• 1. Re: how to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international use ?
    Jenny_R20 Social Care

itay_tlv,

I will be happy to assist you with this. Were these Iphones every activated on the Sprint Network? The reason I ask is because they have to be active on an account for at least 90days before our International Techs can unlock it. If they have been on your account with Sprint for at least 90 days then just contact our International Department at 1-888-226-7212 and one of our techs there will unlock the phone for you. Sorry for the misinformation. I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: how to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international use ?
    itay_tlv Regular Visitor

Hi Jen,

thanks for responding.

the iphones were activated 2 weeks ago in a sprint store. but why the customer service told me i need to be at least 12 months a sprint customer?

any way even 90 days doesnt sound reasonable! i could go and sign with at&t or veraizon and i wouldnt face the problems i'm facing now! why givving hard time to your cutomers? i'm still paying sprint every month i'm here! i even offered to customer service to pay 12 months in advance in order to unlock my iphones and they told me that they cant.

i use to be sprint a customer 4 years ago with the company that i was working for and i was so pleased with the service and thats why i signed with you guys and now i'm so disappointed! i cant understand your service! :-( 

i wish someone with sprint can help me and resolve this issue!

thanks again...

• 3. Re: how to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international use ?
    itay_tlv Regular Visitor

Hi Jen,

thanks for responding.

the iphones were activated 2 weeks ago in a sprint store. but why the customer service told me i need to be at least 12 months a sprint customer?

any way even 90 days doesnt sound reasonable! i could go and sign with at&t or veraizon and i wouldnt face the problems i'm facing now! why givving hard time to your cutomers? i'm still paying sprint every month i'm here! i even offered to customer service to pay 12 months in advance in order to unlock my iphones and they told me that they cant.

i use to be sprint a customer 4 years ago with the company that i was working for and i was so pleased with the service and thats why i signed with you guys and now i'm so disappointed! i cant understand your service! :-( 

i wish someone with sprint can help me and resolve this issue!

thanks again...

• 4. Re: how to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international use ?
    Jenny_R20 Social Care

Itay_tlv,

We are not trying to give you a hard time. Once the Iphones are on your account for 90days we will be able to unlock them. That is the policy. You can certainly try speaking with the International Department and see if there is anyway you can unlock them before that time is up. Our documentation states these are the eligibility requirements.

Your welcome,

Jen R     

Sprint Social Care Team

• 5. Re: how to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international use ?
    itay_tlv Regular Visitor

Hi Jen,

so if srint do provide assistance for unlocking sim slots i cant understand why i have to have sprint account for at least 90 days that they can help me?!?

its not that i'm asking to open it for an other u.s carrier! i need it for a international use only!

why i need to be punished for choosing sprint to be my cell company?!? I'M YOUR  CUSTOMER!!! we need to work together and not against each other! you need to help me when i need you and not to give me a hard time! thats why i choose sprint! cause we all know that all companies actualy give the same service of using cell phones but the difference is the customer service and to tell you the true i'm so frustrated! i cant understand the idea that i need to use the iphone now and you wont help me but in 90 days when i'll be back in CA you guys will be ok with unlock my iphone for intenational use whene i no longer need it!

i'm sure that if someone with sprint wants to help he can help! the option exists just need to want.

i will be much more than greatful to you guys if you can help me... i'm stuck without iphone and i cant even work - its actualy my office!

please try to help me! i really need help now...

thanks

• 6. Re: how to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international use ?
    Jenny_R20 Social Care

itay_tlv,

Did you contact the International Department regarding this?

Regards,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

• 7. Re: how to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international use ?
    itay_tlv Regular Visitor

Hi Jen,

yes i did! yesterday, and they told me that i have to be 12 months sprint customer before they can help me

and as i told you before i offerd them to pay my bill 12 month in advence because i really need to use the iphone and still they didnt even try to help!

at least you are nice and trying to help me...

• 8. Re: how to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international use ?
    Jenny_R20 Social Care

itay_tlv,

I am trying. Regrettably if you have only had this new account for two weeks. There is no way that we can unlock these phones before the 90days.

Regards,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

• 9. Re: how to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international use ?
    DCAlexandria Regular Visitor

Yeah, the 90 day thing is nuts, I wish they would explain.

• 10. Re: how to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international use ?
    Jenny_R20 Social Care

DCAlexandria,

Thanks for the inquiry. When wanting to unlock an Iphone unless you have good standing active service with Sprint for at least 90days we cannot unlock it.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points