1 2 3 5 Previous Next 70 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 10:04 AM by kschramm69 RSS

1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Adds Sprint Connections Optimizer

See Sprint Connections Optimizer for more info

- Security updates  

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D710.10S.FL24

- Released in stages to devices over a 30 day time period.

- Refer to Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Updates for install instructions

• 1. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    garwynn Expert

For those of you who have heard of a major security issue with this device, FL24 patches it.

It fortunately hasn't been exploited for malicious reasons so the risk has been minimized.

Having said that,

I do highly recommend that anyone using this device move to this or the GA10 Jelly Bean leak as soon as possible.

Both are already available on the internet - sorry, I can't post links here.

• 2. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    TCARCAMO Regular Visitor

Im sorry but I would rather spend time fixing the battery issue than this security patches. I hate my phone now. I cant wait for my contract to end so I can leave you and go to Verizon. You destroyed the galaxy S2 with the update you do 2-3 months ago. I just love how my phone only last 2-3 hrs at the most.

Tony

• 3. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    garwynn Expert

TCARCAMO wrote:

Im sorry but I would rather spend time fixing the battery issue than this security patches. I hate my phone now. I cant wait for my contract to end so I can leave you and go to Verizon. You destroyed the galaxy S2 with the update you do 2-3 months ago. I just love how my phone only last 2-3 hrs at the most.

Tony

:sigh:  Guess I can't say it enough... Sprint already fixed this - but it's not coming out on ICS.

Don't want to wait for official JB announcement? Get a JB leak - latest is GA10 - and put it on your phone.

You might change your mind about how you feel about this phone - everyone else who has taken my advice has generally felt the same.

• 4. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    Silver Expert

If you flash FL24, then the GA10, do you still wipe all data?  I'm just curious if this is step one of the theory behind the two step update to JB?  oh wait, I'll just go over to XDA for real information /s

garwynn wrote:

For those of you who have heard of a major security issue with this device, FL24 patches it.

It fortunately hasn't been exploited for malicious reasons so the risk has been minimized.

Having said that,

I do highly recommend that anyone using this device move to this or the GA10 Jelly Bean leak as soon as possible.

Both are already available on the internet - sorry, I can't post links here.

• 5. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    Seank_ Expert

Anyone get this update yet? Still haven't gotten it since I tried force pushing the update.

• 6. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    Chris_ra Social Care

Seank_,

Did you trying the update software option in the settings on the phone? If so, it may take a short time for it to hit your phone. Often these updates are staggered so as to not overload the update server. You should see it soon.

Thank you,

Chris

• 7. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    Seank_ Expert

I have done that, but normallly I can clear the Google Service Firmware and then force the update to update the phone. I guess its not the case and you think with this security update, it won't expand over the next 30 days. I guess I'll wait...

Chris_ra wrote:

Seank_,

Did you trying the update software option in the settings on the phone? If so, it may take a short time for it to hit your phone. Often these updates are staggered so as to not overload the update server. You should see it soon.

Thank you,

Chris

• 8. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    MongooseProXC Regular Visitor

TCARCAMO wrote:

Tony

I have had two Galaxy S2s since gingerbread. Neither has had any problem with excessive battery drain unless there is an application running or it was out of a service area. I would suggest biting the bullet and doing a factory restore on the phone. I did it on one phone once I received the ICS upgrade and there are no issues.

• 9. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    garwynn Expert

Update .zip also available on the internet (Link to Google servers) along with instructions on how to do it.

Just search for OTA FL24.

• 10. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    Seank_ Expert

garwynn wrote:

Update .zip also available on the internet (Link to Google servers) along with instructions on how to do it.

Just search for OTA FL24.

Thanks! Easy to do after looking for hours for a SD card.

• 11. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    RobertMagz Newbie

Dont update it, i did it last night 1-17-1213 and it crashed my phone:/ after it finished intalling it and rebooted it turned on and stayed in the big 4G screen. It probly has a bug

• 12. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    mj.murphy Newbie

RobertMagz wrote:

Dont update it, i did it last night 1-17-1213 and it crashed my phone:/ after it finished intalling it and rebooted it turned on and stayed in the big 4G screen. It probly has a bug

An OTA update showed up for my phone this morning. I agreed to let it install and the same thing happened. It is now stuck on the 4G screen for 4 hours. No number of battery pulls or power cycles can get it to finish the update.

Anyone have any luck getting it to finish?

• 13. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    Seank_ Expert

mj.murphy wrote:

RobertMagz wrote:

An OTA update showed up for my phone this morning. I agreed to let it install and the same thing happened. It is now stuck on the 4G screen for 4 hours. No number of battery pulls or power cycles can get it to finish the update.

Anyone have any luck getting it to finish?

I don't have this issue? I downloaded it not OTA though. Are you able to factory reset your device? That's the best to get the update to work right.

• 14. Re: 1/16 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - S:D710.10S.FL24
    CaddinTampa Regular Visitor

Hello all, I found this thread after notcing a pushed update to my phoen this morning yet no noticable changes to it afterward.. I got my gs2 for xmas in 2011, I am on my 6th phone and the insurance plan helps but sprint keeps giving me used refurbished phones that develope the same problem over and over,, I fear rooting to install jelly bean because I can't get a realiable phone from the company I have been with for 13 years. the service has " sh** the bed" so to say in how this last year has been. I should have stayed on my evo 4g.

1 2 3 5 Previous Next