This discussion is archived
1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 119 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 4:30 PM by Gioia999 Go to original post RSS
  • 105. Re: How are we doing?
    GOLEARY1962 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

I have been a Sprint customer in Indianapolis since 2005 (and was one for years prior when I lived in St Louis and Chicago.) I was fine with Sprint until I "upgraded" my last blackberry to the Style 9670, which was the WORST mistake I have ever made in my life.

I am on my THIRD 9670, and am having the EXACT SAME problems I had with my FIRST 9670 (where the battery won't charge by the charger, so I'm forced to charge it by removing the battery and charging it in a charger for 2.5 hours while I cannot access or use my cell phone. Then the battery only lasts for MAYBE one hour if I am texting or using the phone. Forget about using the internet, as that will eat up the battery in less than 20 minutes.

I took the phone in to Sprint and the rep said, "It'll cost $100 to replace it with your insurance." I asked him why I even PAID the $8/month for insurance if it wasn't going to allow me to get a replacement phone when it's MORE than obvious that this phone (my THIRD thus far in 17 months) doesn't work as described.

Furthermore, this battery should last 4.5 hours once it is fully charged. That is a bold faced lie. I can charge it overnight, and simply turn it on in the morning and not even use it, (where the screen is BLANK) and it will drain within 3 hours. When I asked Sprint to replace my battery, they said I could "purchase" one for $35.

I was spending $144/month on average with the "EVERYTHING plus the kitchen sink" program (which was sold as what I needed) only to find out 13 months later that my usage didn't justify having it and that I should have been signed up for a $79/month plan, but no one from Sprint wanted to reimburse me the $60/month that I wasted because I couldn't use the phone in the manner that I was led to believe it would work.

If ANYONE has a suggestion, write to me at dgo62@comcast.net. My contract is up in August and I don't plan on staying with Sprint if all they can do is offer to "upgrade" me to a new phone and a new contract for $200 plus two years. The past 17 months have cost me enough **** to want to sign up for another 24 months of it. What is sad is that they refuse to replace this 3rd phone with a 4th refurbished phone, and would rather that I just cancel and pay them $150 than address my problem that SPRINT has caused.

• 106. Re: How are we doing?

I have been a Sprint customer in Indianapolis since 2005 (and was one for years prior when I lived in St Louis and Chicago.) I was fine with Sprint until I "upgraded" my last blackberry to the Style 9670, which was the WORST mistake I have ever made in my life.

I am on my THIRD 9670, and am having the EXACT SAME problems I had with my FIRST 9670 (where the battery won't charge by the charger, so I'm forced to charge it by removing the battery and charging it in a charger for 2.5 hours while I cannot access or use my cell phone. Then the battery only lasts for MAYBE one hour if I am texting or using the phone. Forget about using the internet, as that will eat up the battery in less than 20 minutes.

I took the phone in to Sprint and the rep said, "It'll cost $100 to replace it with your insurance." I asked him why I even PAID the $8/month for insurance if it wasn't going to allow me to get a replacement phone when it's MORE than obvious that this phone (my THIRD thus far in 17 months) doesn't work as described.

Furthermore, this battery should last 4.5 hours once it is fully charged. That is a bold faced lie. I can charge it overnight, and simply turn it on in the morning and not even use it, (where the screen is BLANK) and it will drain within 3 hours. When I asked Sprint to replace my battery, they said I could "purchase" one for $35.

If ANYONE has a suggestion, write to me at dgo62@comcast.net. My contract is up in August and I don't plan on staying with Sprint if all they can do is offer to "upgrade" me to a new phone and a new contract for $200 plus two years. The past 17 months have cost me enough **** to want to sign up for another 24 months of it. What is sad is that they refuse to replace this 3rd phone with a 4th refurbished phone, and would rather that I just cancel and pay them $150 than address my problem that SPRINT has caused.

• 107. Re: How are we doing?

I am on my THIRD 9670, and am having the EXACT SAME problems I had with my FIRST 9670 (where the battery won't charge by the charger, so I'm forced to charge it by removing the battery and charging it in a charger for 2.5 hours while I cannot access or use my cell phone. Then the battery only lasts for MAYBE one hour if I am texting or using the phone.

• 108. Re: How are we doing?

I am on my THIRD 9670, and am having the EXACT SAME problems I had with my FIRST 9670 (where the battery won't charge by the charger, so I'm forced to charge it by removing the battery and charging it in a charger for 2.5 hours while I cannot access or use my cell phone.

• 109. Re: How are we doing?

I am on my THIRD 9670, and am having the EXACT SAME problems I had with my FIRST 9670 (where the battery won't charge by the charger, so I'm forced to charge it by removing the battery and charging it in a charger for 2.5 hours while I cannot access or use my cell phone.

If ANYONE has a suggestion, write to me at dgo62@comcast.net. My contract is up in August and I don't plan on staying with Sprint if all they can do is offer to "upgrade" me to a new phone and a new contract for $200 plus two years.

• 110. Re: How are we doing?

If ANYONE has a suggestion, write to me at dgo62@comcast.net.

• 111. Re: How are we doing?

• 112. Re: How are we doing?

• 113. Re: How are we doing?
    Philly19154 Regular Visitor

So how are you doing?  Better than me, that's how.  Why are nearly every message about the horrible data speeds IGNORED?  I regularly get 200-300kps service with my EVO, I'd like to get a NOTE 2 but it does no good without LTE service in Philadelphia.  My contract is done in April, I have already canceled 2 lines with expired contracts.  I have another done in July.  One by one I will be taking my business to another carrier who can provide data speeds that are expected in 2013.  Will anyone from Sprint reply to this post?   I am guessing not since they really haven't replied to much here.  Worst part is that I have been a Nextel customer since the 90s, and a Sprint customer after the take over.  Sad that a company as large as Spring is willing to dumb millions in advertising but won't work to satisfy exsisting customers.

You should know how to reach me if you care.

• 114. Re: How are we doing?

So how are you doing?  Better than me, that's how.  Why are nearly every message about the horrible data speeds IGNORED?  I regularly get 200-300kps service with my EVO, I'd like to get a NOTE 2 but it does no good without LTE service in Philadelphia.  My contract is done in April, I have already canceled 2 lines with expired contracts.  I have another done in July.  One by one I will be taking my business to another carrier who can provide data speeds that are expected in 2013.  Will anyone from Sprint reply to this post?   I am guessing not since they really haven't replied to much here.  Worst part is that I have been a Nextel customer since the 90s, and a Sprint customer after the take over.  Sad that a company as large as Spring is willing to dumb millions in advertising but won't work to satisfy exsisting customers.

• 115. Re: How are we doing?

• 116. Re: How are we doing?

So how are you doing? Better than me, that's how. Why are nearly every message about the horrible data speeds IGNORED? I regularly get 200-300kps service with my EVO, I'd like to get a NOTE 2 but it does no good without LTE service in Philadelphia. My contract is done in April, I have already canceled 2 lines with expired contracts. I have another done in July. One by one I will be taking my business to another carrier who can provide data speeds that are expected in 2013. Will anyone from Sprint reply to this post? I am guessing not since they really haven't replied to much here. Worst part is that I have been a Nextel customer since the 90s, and a Sprint customer after the take over. Sad that a company as large as Spring is willing to dumb millions in advertising but won't work to satisfy exsisting customers.

• 117. Re: How are we doing?

So how are you doing? Better than me, that's how. Why are nearly every message about the horrible data speeds IGNORED? I regularly get 200-300kps service with my EVO, I'd like to get a NOTE 2 but it does no good without LTE service in Philadelphia. My contract is done in April, I have already canceled 2 lines with expired contracts. I have another done in July. One by one I will be taking my business to another carrier who can provide data speeds that are expected in 2013. Will anyone from Sprint reply to this post? I am guessing not since they really haven't replied to much here. Worst part is that I have been a Nextel customer since the 90s, and a Sprint customer after the take over. Sad that a company as large as Spring is willing to dumb millions in advertising but won't work to satisfy exsisting customers.

• 118. Re: How are we doing?

• 119. Re: How are we doing?
    Gioia999 Regular Visitor

Right, OHSU.  No 4G in Portland.  But that's not the half of it ... I get around, and our employes do as well.  NO 4G in Chicago.  NO 4G in Washington DC.  NO 4G in San Francisco.  No 4G in Houston.  Yet we pay an extra $10 for data charges, pay hundreds for phones with 4G capability.  What a joke ... on us.  Sprint's big press releases and announcements are meaningless.   Either rebate the money we pay for 4G that we are not getting, or just put out a new release saying it was all a joke, just a test to see what people would do, how long people would take it.  IS there, or is there NOT, going to 4G in any city other than Boston?

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...