This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2013 11:53 AM by BobZart RSS

XPERIA Z

WestonCory101 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Has there been any news if the Sony Xperia Z is coming to Sprint?  I was wondering if anyone knows or has heard anything about whether or not it is coming to Sprint? I really want this phone and am dying to know if it is coming to sprint and hoping it does.

• 1. Re: XPERIA Z
    Gioman_9 Social Care

Hi xfactorusa, thanks for reaching out to us.

As of right now there's no news on such a device. I recommend to continue following our Sprint Community or you can also visit our Sprint Newsroom: http://bit.ly/9UG9EA. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: XPERIA Z
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

hahahhahahahah, xfactorusa, do not expect anything from Sprint until 2 weeks or 1 week before launch. They will not know anything, your best hope is to just Google and look at the other websites for those news, and even though they are speculations 90% of them is actually true

• 3. Re: XPERIA Z
    JORGE_PRZ Newbie

I Hope it does because my contract already ended. if it doesnt come to sprint ill switch carriers.

• 4. Re: XPERIA Z
    nilaceann Regular Visitor

you just have to do like the rest of us waiting for the new phones that are comming out.  Wait until launch then leave when sprint doesnt carry it.  For me its the Blackberry Z10, contract is up before US launch

• 5. Re: XPERIA Z
    9secondv6 Regular Visitor

It really doesnt matter what phone comes next, The HTC One looks great, Sony Xperia would be awesome as well...LTE wont be available in St Louis ANYTIME SOON !!...I have 3 of my 4 lines that are about out of contract and I think it about time to head to Verizon. My work cell and ipad on Verizon have blazing data speeds. i have had my fill of spending $40.00/month for a " Rich Data Experience " and NOT getting decent data. Good luck

Bryan

• 6. Re: XPERIA Z
    uppetey Valued Member

Im pretty sure I read that the xperia z is only being manufactured for gsm and umts.  This means that sprint AND verizon are up a creek without a paddle when it comes to carrying this device.http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sony-Xperia-Z_id7539

• 7. Re: XPERIA Z
    Dutchie Sprint Employee

- Uppetey

As far as I am aware Sony has not made any CDMA devices for years. Sprint is CDMA so this will be very unlikely.

- Mark

Social Media Care

• 8. Re: XPERIA Z
    uppetey Valued Member

Dutchie wrote:

- Uppetey

As far as I am aware Sony has not made any CDMA devices for years. Sprint is CDMA so this will be very unlikely.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Exactly, thank you for confirming this.  Not if people could just stop complaining about sprint not carrying the phone.  It is technologically impossible, end of story.

• 9. Re: XPERIA Z
    BobZart Regular Visitor

I like to stay with Sprint but one of the things I hate about them is that they don't carry the Sony Xperia phones (they did have the Xperia Play but that's the one phone they had that I don't really care about!).  I love Sony phones and I thought they will be available on Sprint when I switched from AT&T who i hate.  I waited for the Ray and Arc,  they never arrived.  I waited for the U, P, and S/SL  and they never arrived.  Japan is CDMA so it's ironic that Sony doesn't make CDMA phones.  Sony will always be a fringe player in the smartphone business if their phones are only available on AT&T in the US.  They have to make the Xperia available to all carriers to make a dent in Apple's and Samsung's market share. Even HTC is kicking their ***.  No wonder they are struggling.  Not sure who the marketing guy there but he should be fired!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...