14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2013 12:46 AM by Coamolover RSS

Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

ASHANA10 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello

I have read several comments from a few months ago about their Galaxy S II shutting off with no warning and then showing 0 battery charge when connected to the charger and then changing to show a battery charge close to what the charge truly is. I just started having this issue about a week ago, out of no where. I have had my phone for a year with no problems at all until now. The only time I can use it for longer than 5-10 min is if I keep the phone on the charger. I have already done the factory reset from reading others posts, but that didn't help (it did help a screen change issue I had due to Sprint ID that I didn't want) and I just ordered a new battery with hopes that will help. Has anyone had any luck correcting this issue? I have another year before my contract is renewed (which I won't do if Sprint won't help out on this since it does not seem to be an issue caused by me). I thought I had insurance but realized I don't anymore so I can't afford another phone. I am ready to throw the phone across the room out of frustration.

• 1. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.
    daddyrasta Regular Visitor

I had the same problem, at the year mark with my s2. the battery would read aabout 50% reboot and only read 3-5 %. I suspected the battery and was right. I ordered an extended battery from http://gorillagadgets.com/?sl=EN and all problems solved. I have been using the new battery for a month now with no issues. It just has to make it till next year so i can get an upgrade......hopefully samsung with have an S6 out by then..lol

• 2. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

I had the same problem, at the year mark with my s2. the battery would read aabout 50% reboot and only read 3-5 %. I suspected the battery and was right. I ordered an extended battery from http://gorillagadgets.com/?sl=EN and all problems solved. I have been using the new battery for a month now with no issues. It just has to make it till next year so i can get an upgrade......hopefully samsung with have an S6 out by then..lol

• 3. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.
    monica_powell Newbie

I had the exact same problem with my Galaxy SII a few months ago. I had only had my phone for 1 year also. I do not have phone insurance either. I took my phone to a local Sprint store and the guy told me my battery was corroded. He replaced the battery at no charge and it fixed the problem. I never did know why it corroded. My phone never got wet. The guy said it just happens sometimes.

• 4. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

• 5. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

• 6. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

• 7. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

• 8. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

• 9. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

• 10. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

• 11. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

• 12. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

• 13. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.

• 14. Re: Samsung Galaxy SII 4g shutting off when battery is charged.
    Coamolover Newbie

I have been with Sprint for several years...my husband & I have five lines on our account & our monthly bill is over $300. Last August we upgraded mines & my daughter's phone to the samsung galaxy SII. hasn't been a year yet since we foot those phones & about a month & half ago they just started to randomly shut off...didn't matter that the battery was fully charged the phones just kept shutting off. The only way that the phones would turn back on was by removing the battery & placing it again, which thanks to that my daughter accidentally dropped hers doing so & her screen cracked. At first I just told my daughter to give it time because they had been working with the 4g lte in our area & maybe that new technology was interfering with these phones & we needed to wait for them to work with that. Well time passed & the issue kept getting worst, to the point that we will leave the phones charging at night with the hopes that the next day they will work better, but no luck, the phones will immediately shutoff as soon as we will turn them on. We purchased to new batteries thinking maybe that was the problem, & you guessed it...nope, that wasn't the problem. I then decided to do some research on this & found out that there were too many people having the same exact problem we were having, with the same phones, so we decided to call sprint customer service for help. After speaking to a rep & getting no help I then spoke to a supervisor who told me I needed to take the phones to a sprint store & have a technician look at it. My husband went to the sprint store & after being there for 2.5 hrs the technician told him that these phones were defective & he will order another one & that it will be in 2 days later (Monday) WHATTTT?!?! Sprint knows these phones are defective & yet they want to give me the same phone?! By the way I didnt mention that they do not sell these phones anymore because of the phones being defective, but yet they want to give same the same phone. And to top it off they said they couldn't do anything for my daughters phone because she dropped it, while placing the battery into the  phone to turn it on.

My husband comes home explains this to me & I called sprint again & afternoon being put on hold by a rep for 20mins & having to call back another 2 times one rep told me I had to call Samsung because the phones were still under manufacturers warranty & the problems with these phones were the responsibility of the manufacturer, to which I told them I didn't believe I had to go thru that because my deal was with sprint, our contract was with Sprint, we pay our monthly bill to sprint, not Samsung, when we purchased the phones we purchased them at the sprint store, not at a Samsung store. I then spoke to another manager & asked him to at least credit us for the time we are not being able to use those lines due to them selling us defective phones & guess what?!?! You guessed again, they couldn't do that either.  Now here it is Monday & my husband was supposed to get the call from the sprint store to go get my replacement phone, & you guessed again, no phone call. So my daughter called them 10mins before they close & was told that the phone was not in, that it was in back order & we were gonna have to wait. When my husband came from work I explained this to him & he called customer service again & was told that they didn't even know when they will come in. Keep in mind that these phones are not even sold anymore for being defective. Again my husband asked them to at least credit us for the time we will be without a phone thanks to them selling us defective phones & you guessed again...again we were told NO. He then asked to be sent another phone comparable to this one & you guessed it, he was told NO.

This has been the most frustrating, stressful experience I have ever experienced with customer service. To be paying a bill for useless, defective phones is a big slap, especially after we've been loyal, good customers of Sprint for about 10yrs. Now multiply that time by the over $300 a month we give them...anyone would expect to be treated fairly & respectfully after that. At this point my husband only wants to wait until the contract is up & change companies. We refuse to go thru anything like this frustrating & stressful ever again. We expected a little more from sprint after our loyalty & good standing with them & all we got was slap in the face...OUR LOYALTY HAS BEEN NOTHING TO SPRINT. They are willing to loose the $300 + from us than to fix a problem they know they created when they sold us defective phones. My advice to anyone looking for help on this is not to waste their time, they already know about this issue & are not willing to do anything about it. So it is best to wait until contract is up & go with another company. We are very, very disappointed!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points