2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 8:07 AM by mmark27_ RSS

Jelly Bean Update 4.1.1 - Google Voice/Search not working with Bluetooth media device paired.

ahurleySWAC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone else about wrecked there caqr trying to use Google Search using voice input? I just about rearended a car while trying to search for nearby gas station yesterday. I have Bluetooth in my car and when it is hooked up with phone and media Google search just say "Initializing". I found out yesterday by just leaving the phone connected to Bluetooth and removing media in the Bluetooth settings. It worked.

It seems like Google Voice/Search is trying to use the Bluetooth microphone in my car, but cannot figure out how to do it (i.e "Initializing"). Anyone else having these problems, besides the double texting and wifi disconnects constanly happening? I know it is just not my phone because my wife has the exact same phone with Sprint. I heard Android 4.2 fixes this problem and Samsung relaeased Android 4.2 for Samsung GS3 last month.

• 1. Re: Jelly Bean Update 4.1.1 - Google Voice/Search not working with Bluetooth media device paired.
    Silver Expert

just enter Google Voice Search, it'll hang on initializing, then back out, then go back in....it'll work then.  This has been an issue with Google Voice Search that has been reported via their bug reports.  nothing yet has come of this, however.

There is an app in the market called Bluetooth Launch that you might want to play with a little to see if you can fix this.  I haven't had the time to mess with it though.  You need to make sure that you don't force the bluetooth headset to issue the command, maybe. I'm not sure what the resolution is.  I've been dealing with this for months with no resolution.  The dumb part is that you can't use the voice commands in your keyboard because it'll just hang up and never come back....unlike the Google Voice Search from Google Now.

• 2. Re: Jelly Bean Update 4.1.1 - Google Voice/Search not working with Bluetooth media device paired.
    Silver Expert

I found another solution to this without losing media sound connection.

Enable Touch Sounds. Seriously, that fixes it. Then just turn your system volume all the way down so you don't hear the water drip sound.

There is clearly a bug on Samsung's side in their ROM that should be addressed. I'm sure Sprint won't do anything to pass it along.

Also I don't have WiFi disconnects or double texting. Can you elaborate on this any more?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...