1 2 3 15 Previous Next 220 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2014 3:45 PM by SprintCare RSS

4G LTE Coverage in UTAH

Chalks Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Are we ever going to get 4G LTE in Utah? I cannot use the internet unless connected to wifi on my s3, it's either too slow or won't load anything. Anybody know?

• 1. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    Markie_B Sprint Employee

Chalks,

Thank you for the post regarding service in Utah. If you can provide me with a business address or the nearest intersection and city and zip code so that I can find the closest tower near you and give you a more detailed look at your situation.

Markie_B

• 2. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    wompa Newbie

When is 4G LTE coming?

I get 3G now of course but I'm paying $10 extra for Premium Data. I would like to be able to use it.

7800 s and redwood

west jordan, ut 84084

• 3. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    fireguy_6364 Master

then youre already using the $10 premium data...its not a fee for 4G or they wouldnt be charging this to phones that are NOT 4G capable like the iphone 4S or the blackberry etc.

• 4. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

wompa,

Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  You can sign up for email updates on LTE in your area by going to http://www.sprint.com/lte.  However, please note that the Premium Data fee is not for 4G services.  The fee that you are charged is specifically for the rich data experience that you receive from any smart phone.  Here is a link to a Sprint Blog regarding premium data services.  Please let me know if I or any of my colleagues can be of further assistance.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

• 5. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    SUPERTBONE Valued Member

Fergie_B, why charge the premium data feee if there is no premium data? 3G is useless (very SLOW) where I live and 4G is non existant.

• 6. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

SUPERTBONE wrote:

Fergie_B, why charge the premium data feee if there is no premium data? 3G is useless (very SLOW) where I live and 4G is non existant.

If you're experiencing slow data on your device, we definitely want to review this.  Can you tell me what kind of device you are using?  Also, if I had a city, state and nearest cross street this would also help me tremendously.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

• 7. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    FIXNUMOF.RINGS.B4.VM Regular Visitor

We have 4G here in Salt Lake City, UT area... why aren't they able to convert those towers over to 4G LTE? and why is there a delay when 4G here was on, I believe the 2nd rollout for Wimax... but none existant for 4G LTE....

Has anyone created a Petition we can sign here in Utah to get the ball rolling??

• 8. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    fireguy_6364 Master

the 4G youre talking about is wimax which will be shut down some time in 2015. and seeing as how you guys already have 4G but on the old system dont you think it would be nice for others that NEVER got to try 4G to actually get it?

• 9. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

The 4g Wimax towers belong to a company called clear wire.  They put up and maintain the towers  Those towers work on a separate frequencies from 4g LTE.

The technology and the hardware are different as well.  Sprint is building its own 4G LTE network Clear is keeping the WiMax towers.  We are doing more to the towers then just adding the LTE service  we are upgrading the entire tower hardware and adding the ability to transmit on both 1900 and 800 Mhz  frequencies.  I can not tell you when you will have LTE  but it is on the way

• 10. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    bearboy22 Newbie

Yea, Sprint is taking a while, I myself live near south farmington, utah. If sprint does not have 4g LTE coverage here by September 2013 I will for sure change carriers. The $10 per month fee for an unusable service is a scam.

• 11. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    RHumphries3 Newbie

What i can't believe is that Sprint is taking 4g to Puerto Rico, Granbury/Hood County (9,000) population that is less then provo or orem.  So it can not be how many users,  this is crazy i bet Sprint has more people on the network in utah then Puerto RIco.  And I bet we do not get 4g LTE until 2015 so this is just stupid. I called my rep and they told me that 4g LTE is not coming anytime soon and is not in the plan.  What a waste of money.

• 12. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    Snapkin Newbie

I bought the S3 under the promise that the LTE would be available in my area by the end of 2012... That didn't happen. 3G on the S3 is slower than the 3G on my 3G phone this needs to be fixed quickly because alot of contracts are ending and we WILL jump ship to a better more honest provider.

• 13. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    NICKSDAD4200 Regular Visitor

I agree that Sprint needs to be more forthright with their customers and give us a general ETA.

• 14. Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH
    Chalks Newbie

I think Sprint should be held accountable.

1 2 3 15 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points