This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 11:34 PM by MissMeHuh RSS

Can no service get you out of a contract without ETF?

DAVROLLINS Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Like most Samaung Galaxy S3 users on Sprint, I've been without Data or Text services since Thursday.  Since I actually need to use my phone for work and in places without wifi, I have no idea what I am going to do if service isn't restored by tomorrow.

I've been a loyal customer for just over 15 years and would hate to leave, but Verizon already has a great 4G signal in my area (that works) and my company gets just as good of a discount with them.  Is no service clause for termination without penalties?  Is there a length of time service has to be out?

I think the most frustrating part is the lack of communication.  Either no one at Sprint knows what's going on or no one wants to talk about it.

• 1. Re: Can no service get you out of a contract without ETF?
    TheFifthLetter Social Care

We appreciate your loyalty, allow us to address your concerns. Can you let me know if you saw any error message on your device? Are you still experiencing the issue?

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: Can no service get you out of a contract without ETF?
    S.Raj Regular Visitor

It will be worth more time and effort than the cancellation fees will cost you. So far one manager told me there is a way, IF I had not switched my # over to another company itself. I was at the point of graduating college as an engineer and expecting various interview calls, so I did not have the luxury to cancel my number out and start with a new number elsewhere granted I had given this number to all the potential employeers. So, in my case, I had to pay the whole cancellation fee and then switch my number over to ATT where I have yet to have a problem. Hope that helps

• 3. Re: Can no service get you out of a contract without ETF?
    DAVROLLINS Regular Visitor

I did eventually get 3G and text coverage back, but it's intermittent.  It just went out again 30 minutes ago.  You can use Fingerboard Rd and Buckeystown Pike as cross streets.  I don't see any error messages, just no data connection.

The most frustrating part was no one could tell me what was going on.  I had to hard reset my phone twice while talking to Sprint CSR and all for no reason.  The first time the CSR had me wipe my phone and I was waiting for it come back up, I found an article in the Community forums describing a national outage with my exact issue and a case number.  When I asked whether this may be related, my chat session was silent and then disconnected.

@S.Raj..  I've found a few places online including Verizon, that will by back smartphones.  One of the quotes I got would offset my phone's ETF, but not the other phone on the plan.  The other one would only be in the $100+ range, so it may be worth looking into.

• 4. Re: Can no service get you out of a contract without ETF?
    Erirsh Social Care

DAVROLLINS,

Thank you greatly for the detailed information. It is strange to me that the chat was disconnected and truly apologize for it happening. The national outage may have contributed to what you were seeing. However, that outage has been cleared and should not be a factor any longer. Have you been able to perform a profile and PRL update today? Let me know and I'll keep digging!

*Ben

Social Care

• 5. Re: Can no service get you out of a contract without ETF?
    MissMeHuh Valued Member

" Is no service clause for termination without penalties?  Is there a length of time service has to be out?"

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points