1 2 3 5 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2013 3:53 PM by scrapbookingmamaw RSS

1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Operating system upgrade from Android 4.1.1 to 4.2.1, including:    

- Redesigned camera interface and new Photo Sphere feature (a 360-degree panorama mode) 

- Notifications Shade accessible by swiping top screen edge downwards; swipe down with two

fingers to view notifications; tap the notification to expand and take action on it.

- Lockscreen widgets to access certain apps without unlocking the screen; sidescroll right for

camera or left for other widgets (time and weather, gmail, etc.)

Important Notes:

- Software version is: L700GA02

- Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages over a 10-21 day period.

Device selection is random

- Refer to the Galaxy Nexus Software Update blog for install instructions

• 1. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)
    CaMelGuY1337 Regular Visitor

Ever since I installed the update I've been having random odd issues. For instance, I was on a call and when I pulled the phone away from my face the screen wouldn't wake back up. Also I get random system freezes. Also, I've had 2 random reboots as well.

• 2. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)
    coasterphotos Bronze Expert

Random issues like those are unfortunately usually fixed by a factory reset as they are most likely caused by an issue with a installed app. None of those are known issues with 4.2.1.

• 3. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)
    GigaWat Regular Visitor

Well I hope I get it soon.On my Viper it took almost 12 days before I got ice cream sandwhich update..

• 4. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)

New issues now. I pulled my phone off the charger this morning and it wouldn't turn on, ended up having to pull the battery. This isn't the first time its "died" with  full charge. Also more random reboots, UI tears, UI lag and screen freezes. This is also after a factory reset.

• 5. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)

Also, my phone is now getting hotter then ever. The processor reached 130° while I was simply browsing the web over 3G.

• 6. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)
    cocorummer Newbie

Anyone else experiencing issues using the hot spot feature? I use it to connect to XBox but after the update I can no longer do this.

• 7. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)
    SprintThor Social Care

CaMelGuY1337,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this issue and this does bring major concerns.  At this time we have not receive reports of a trend of these issues you have been experiencing after the update.  Not many customers have received the update yet so it may be some time before we receive more information on any issues with the update.  Generally the troubleshooting you have performed already (power cycle and reboot to factory settings) are steps we would take over the phone or here on community.  We would recommend at this time to allow one of our in-store technicians to evaluate your device and review these especially with your device over-heating at such extreme temperatures which can start to affect your battery quality.  Locate the closest repair center here http://www.sprintstorelocator.com and let us know the outcome as we rely on our customers' feedback.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

• 8. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)
    SprintThor Social Care

GigaWat,

Sorry for any delays on your previous update.  OTA can take anywhere between 10-21 days which can vary for all updates based on size of updates, changes that the update perform, number of users, etc.  Let us know if you don't receive within the designated timeframe.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

• 9. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)
    SprintThor Social Care

cocorunner,

We would be happy to look into this matter to see what's going on.  We don't have any reports of a known issue with this feature at this time.  What errors do you receive when attempting to utilize your hotspot (phone and/or Xbox)?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

• 10. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)

Since this is my 5th Nexus due to these issues such as the overheating, what is the next course of action? I've been told by phone customer service that after I've been through 5 of the same device that I can move to different device. The only phones Sprint offers that are comparable to the Galaxy Nexus are the Galaxy S3,  Note 2 or Optimus G but the store said I only have the option of moving to the Samsung Victory or LG Optimus Elite or something like that. In no way shape or form are those 2 phones anywhere near equal to the Galaxy Nexus. I've also considered just grabbing the 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 factory image off of Googles servers and just reflashing that, since it is rock solid wand without issue. Thoughts?

• 11. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)
    SprintThor Social Care

CaMelGuY1337,

I understand the concern in regards to continuing with this model due to so many replacements.  Many of our agents over the phone are aware of such a process is available for customers like you with so many replacements in such a small time span but that is always determined by only Corporate Sprint Repair Centers.  The reason is due to these locations receive frequent updates from the manufacturers on their guidelines for issuing replacements.  Everything is performed based on manufacturer warranty and devices are chosen based on device capabilities and functionality which is why these models may have been chosen.  Unfortunately only the repair center and/or manufacturer can review this list.  In regards to your last comment with factory imaging that is something I would recommend speaking with in-store technician for more details or suggestions.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

• 12. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)
    GigaWat Regular Visitor

Got it at 5:30am this morning.Thanks.And everything seems fine.Thanks

• 13. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)
    LowTolerance Newbie

Got this update this morning and have had nothing but issues all day. Phone overheating (actually started melting the rubber in my Otter Box cover.) This has never happened before. Also by the time I got through my commute (90 minutes, no phone calls, some e-mails) my battery was a 44%. Something is wrong with this update. In addition, when looking at Settings>Battery, I consistently now see Exchange Service at 53% of battery life (even after reducing update/sync to every 10 minutes.) I have never had this problem with the phone before. No new apps installed, only this update and the corresponding Google+ update (which I do not use, so have not launched it.)

With so many here reporting overheating issues, I cannot believe that either Sprint or Samsung can claim "no reported issues of this type."

Anyone else have this problem?

• 14. Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)
    LowTolerance Newbie

Got this update this morning and have had nothing but issues all day. Phone overheating (actually started melting the rubber in my Otter Box cover.) This has never happened before. Also by the time I got through my commute (90 minutes, no phone calls, some e-mails) my battery was a 44%. Something is wrong with this update. In addition, when looking at Settings>Battery, I consistently now see Exchange Service at 53% of battery life (even after reducing update/sync to every 10 minutes.) I have never had this problem with the phone before. No new apps installed, only this update and the corresponding Google+ update (which I do not use, so have not launched it.)

With so many here reporting overheating issues, I cannot believe that either Sprint or Samsung can claim "no reported issues of this type."

Anyone else have this problem?

By the way, this website is horrible--many dead links and just submitting this post has taken 5 tries already ("An error occurred....")

1 2 3 5 Previous Next