1 2 3 Previous Next 39 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2013 11:37 PM by inconsolable_me RSS

1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update  - 3.16.651.3

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Proximity sensor improvements while on a call or listening to voicemail

- Ability to output audio/video to HDTV (and other external displays via MHL cable) 

- WiFi Connection improvements

- Bluetooth compatibility improvements 

- Android process/application shutdown resolved

Important Notes:

- Software version is: 3.16.651.3

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device. 
- Refer to the HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Updates blog for install instructions

• 1. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    smotrs Master

Changelog is the same as last months JB update. Why wasn't the changelog updated to show this updates changes? I'm not talking about this thread, I'm talking about the Update notification on the phone which shows last months changelog instead of what was changed in this update.

For example,

• Proximity Sensor Adjustments (now shown above)
    • Shutter Sound Silencing
    • Voicemail Improvements

just to name a few.

• 2. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    Dennis_Midkiff Sprint Employee

I am not seeing the option to turn the shutter sound off, even in the general phone sound menu. Sadly, the garbled screenshot issue when sending via sms still isn't fixed.

Edit: You have to turn the ringtone volume down all the way before taking a picture for the shutter to not make any sound.

• 3. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    spatula1975 Valued Member

Sadly still no improvement in finding/preferring 4G service, though the other changes are welcome.

• 4. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    DALEX7777 Regular Visitor

They need to fix the issue where if you are using the HTC Car dock and receive a call, the device tries to route audio through Bluetooth even if Bluetooth is not turned on. It effectively just mutes your call. It worked just fine before on ICS.

I don't like going back to having to pick up my phone to talk to my wife while driving. It's not safe and against Sprint's stated goal of avoiding distracted driving.

• 5. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    smotrs Master

Regarding shutter sound, correct, this is how it was before the JB update. The JB update made it permanently on, this update allows it to be disabled again.

Regarding images in MMS, I've been complaining about this since the phone first came out. We've had 4 updates now and not one has addressed this issue.

• 6. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    craigjt Newbie

Here is the answer I got from HTC when I e mailed about Navigation crashing and screen going black during calls...TALK ABOUT BS !!!

Thanks for contacting HTC Technical Support Center, in regards to the Google navigation feature not working on your phone.

I am sorry to hear that you are undergoing this situation, I understand how inconveniencing this is for you, and I know this is not allowing you to fully enjoy the device.

Allow me to reassure you that we are committed to delivering a great customer experience. As such, we investigate all reported issues. If a hardware or software change is found to improve a customer experience, it will be deployed according to our standard, required processes.

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and appreciate your patience as we work to investigate this issue.

I like to thank you for your continuous support of our products and services.

Remember that should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 6AM to 1AM EST, 7 days a week.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

• 7. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    spatula1975 Valued Member

Calling that an "answer" is being a little too generous, I think.

• 8. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    smotrs Master

I agree, that is very generous. Unfortunatley, I don't think there is much HTC will be able to do. Technically, since Google Maps is a 3rd party app, we may have to enlist help from Google for a fix.

Before the update this morning, I used GMaps coming to work, 45min trip and it worked fine. Gonna try it again going home see if there is any change.

• 9. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    smotrs Master

BTW, try pressing the Compass Icon to lock in North, it will switch to Birds Eye View ,but I've heard it works at that point. Doesn't make the app as useful, but see what happens when you try it.

• 10. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    JILLNOLI Newbie

I took my phone back to Best Buy on Wednesday to swap it out for one that still had ICS since I had just bought it right after Christmas. I updated to JB after having the phone just a couple of weeks and was VERY DISAPPOINTED. The screenshot issue is a big deal to me. I had an app on my old EVO that allowed me to do the screenshot and text it. Before I updated I loved that I could now do it without the special app. Plus the proximity sensor was not working, batt life tanking, and other general complaints. Best buy exchanged me out with no problem, and this was at the advice of the sprint rep when I called them to complain about it. She advised me that since I was within my 30 days, to just "take it back" I did and I am now happy with the phone again.  Once HTC gets all these bugs worked out (when **** freezes over) MAYBE then I will update the software.

• 11. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    smotrs Master

I guess **** froze over because the recent update from January 31st address allot of the issues.

• 12. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    JILLNOLI Newbie

well until they fix the MMS issue with screen shots being blurred, I'll just wait.....and I have no idea why my comment posted multiple times :/ I swear I'm not that retarded.....

Thanks though for the input.  I did get a response from HTC saying that they released an update and the various issues it would fix. 

• 13. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    smotrs Master

JILLNOLI wrote:

well until they fix the MMS issue with screen shots being blurred, I'll just wait.....and I have no idea why my comment posted multiple times :/ I swear I'm not that retarded.....

Thanks though for the input.  I did get a response from HTC saying that they released an update and the various issues it would fix. 

The MMS issue has been present since the phone first came out but no one seems to feel it;s a big issue which is why there aren;t allot of posts about it and why HTC hasn't addressed the issue yet even after 4 updates.

The Multiple posts is a result of an improperly coded Web Browser, use something other then Internet Explorer.

• 14. Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3
    Huskersnu Regular Visitor

for MMS issues, try using SMS PRO from the "play store"

1 2 3 Previous Next