1 2 3 40 Previous Next 595 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2014 10:40 PM by DECANNON04 RSS

Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?

Zack92 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I got my iphone5 months ago. I knew I would get super slow 3G speeds until the LTE came out. I researched before buying it, and it said in the coming months... This was months ago.. I figured it would be here by now or I might not have even gotten Sprint. Still nothing. I look basically daily for news articles when a precise date will come about for LTE to come to Philly, but I keep seeing other minuscule cities getting it, instead of the hugely populated philadelphia! It's not making sense, I constantly got to be on wifi in order to get a decent amount of speed... I passed Harrisburg one day and was astounded to see the speed go to 25mbps! I want this in Philly soon! It's sad to have the new Iphone with so many data problems - and no LTE.

Any time frame? Months was said months ago..

The 3G is just horrible usually, but what do you expect for cheaper unlimited?

Thanks!

Zack

Any information would be helpful.

I mean it's just annoying to deal with this 3G for months upon months, especially when I seen such great speeds in Harrisburg. I wanted to cry when I left because I knew I was going to be back in ****, instead of having constant speeds that are even better than my home wifi service.

• 1. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?
    Capt.Random Social Care

Zack92,

Thanks for the post. I can feel your frustration with this. We are trying to get the upgrades out and have already started work in PA. I know you dont want to hear this but it will be in the next few months.  Check the link, this will give you up to date info on the LTE rollout.  www.sprint.com/4G

• 2. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?
    Zack92 Regular Visitor

Okay, I mean I understand. It must be a long process but I just wish they didnt promise a couple months, months ago. And my 3G isnt great as it is, I get invalid SIM errors, and I just deal with it by restarting.

• 3. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?
    Capt.Random Social Care

Zack92,

For that I do apologize. The thing is if there is an issue with any part of the process, the project gets delayed. I'm not saying that was the case here but the fact of the matter is if the project has delayed, we still have plans to have our network upgraded by the end of 2013. If your city is on the list you are getting it sooner than later.  I appreciate your patience with this and can assure you that you will not be disappointed. If your having alot of issues with your service give me your zip and cross street. I can take a look into it for you.  What phone do you have?

• 4. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?
    Zack92 Regular Visitor

19145, and 16th and McKean. I think it just is a SIM issue once in a while - and an Iphone 5.

I have been researching and noticing many others have problems as well.

• 5. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?
    jhender_sprint Newbie

(This is also me minus the SIM issues. I'm in Philadelphia zip 19119).

I got the iPhone 5 with reps saying that LTE was coming by Thanksgiving or December 2012. Now it'd mid January 2013 and now you're projecting 'the end of 2013'? I'm reeling over here at that kind of talk!

I'm paying for premium data that I don't get. This is my first time with Sprint and I'm really disheartened - can't you guys do something to make it easier on cities you promised LTE to but aren't delivering? I mean, even my 3G is pretty bad...a rep said my tower was being repaired but it's supposed to be fixed by now and signals are the same...

Justin

• 6. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?
    vicp260 Regular Visitor

If you want to get a good idea of actual coverage, not official, go here:  http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=19145

and here:  http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=19119

Sensorly is a great resource for all cell service coverage.  It's not official though.

Looks like the closest Sprint 4G LTE in the area is in Lima and Chester Heights PA, have no clue where that is.

I am actually originally from 19148, Broad and Tasker myself but currently live in Minneapolis MN.  We have some Sprint LTE here but it's spotty at best.

• 7. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?
    catgirrl Newbie

We're still waiting for LTE as well (16th & Catherine).

As far as your SIM card issue.  I had the same problem after an iOS update.  I went to the Sprint store (the one 17th & Broad) and they gave me a new SIM card and that seemed to do the trick.   If you go make an appointment as the wait there can be as long as hour to see a person. 

• 8. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?
    HERRMANNRE1 Regular Visitor

My 3G sucks too and have been told towers are being upgraded, then told that the upgrades have been completed and then again that they are upgrading towers - ALL by the same person.  Dropped calls and the fact that at 1:30am I actually get good 3G data download speeds while on 'peak' hours the data download sucks indicates that Sprint can not handle the traffic on their network. 

I see a huge class action lawsuit as we're all tired of hearing that they are 'sorry'. They should at least waive the $10 premium data fee until they sorta have their act together.  I'm expecting that they come out with the next excuse as 'oh 4G LTE wasn't planned in your area'.  I too was told all of the 4G LTE lies, recently they have not said anything so I think they know they are under pressure to deliver this or lose a LOT of customers.

• 9. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?

My 3G sucks too and have been told towers are being upgraded, then told that the upgrades have been completed and then again that they are upgrading towers - ALL by the same person.  Dropped calls and the fact that at 1:30am I actually get good 3G data download speeds while on 'peak' hours the data download sucks indicates that Sprint can not handle the traffic on their network. 

I see a huge class action lawsuit as we're all tired of hearing that they are 'sorry'. They should at least waive the $10 premium data fee until they sorta have their act together.  I'm expecting that they come out with the next excuse as 'oh 4G LTE wasn't planned in your area'.  I too was told all of the 4G LTE lies, recently they have not said anything so I think they know they are under pressure to deliver this or lose a LOT of customers.

• 10. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?

• 11. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?

• 12. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?
    RonnieHanif Regular Visitor

My Zip code is 19446, the issue that I am having is my status shows 3g and drops to "o" frequently. In order to fix this myself, I restored the iphone a few times, tried the ##873283# trick but still same issues. My phone worked fine the first month I had it but now the data is almost unusable. I have also performed the IOS updates from apple.

I understand the plan is ‘Truly Unlimited” but the speeds and connections issue do not allow me to use it efficiently, meaning streaming any content is a task rather than feature now. Also I would assume LTE would fix this, how come LTE is not available in my area yet? I am also getting charged “premium data” The data I have now is way subpar and is not a “premium” quality service.  Speedtest app shows the best speed I got on 3g last week is 0.03 mps download and 0.35 mps upload.

Please advise

• 13. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?
    jhender_sprint Newbie

I just talked to billing and I convinced them to waive $10 premium data until my network improves. I suggest you all try to do the same, it's not great but it helps.

• 14. Re: Philadelphia, PA 4G LTE?

Sprint acknowledged that in the Philly area that there the network can not handle the volume.  They are working to resolve this, have no timeline and assured that creidt will be applied.  I call BS, they will never credit the customers who complain. 

1 2 3 40 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points