This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2013 3:37 PM by 310EI RSS

Airave stopped working... please help!

TheBells00 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Three days ago my Airave just stopped working. It was never unplugged, never got disconnected from cable box, etc. It just started blinking one morning and hasn't worked since. We now have no signal in our home because Sprint's signal is very weak in our area and we need our Airave to work desperately!! This video shows what our Airave looks like: (This isn't our video, but ours is doing the exact same thing...) 

Please help!

• 1. Re: Airave stopped working... please help!
    AbnormalyMe Newbie

Mine did the same thing this past Thursday! I waited all weekend for the new one to get here on Monday now this one wont connect. I am getting SO frustrated with it! I wish I didnt have to have it in order to have signal.

• 2. Re: Airave stopped working... please help!
    AmaiT Social Care

Hello TheBells00 and AbnormalyMe,

Thank you both for posting.Sorry to hear that you are having and issue with the Airave. Please unplug the Airave for about a min and then plug it back in. You can also disconnect it from the cable box. Let me know if this does not help.Thank you. *Paida

• 3. Re: Airave stopped working... please help!
    TheBells00 Newbie

Thank you for your response, AmaiT. I already tried that and it didn't work. I went ahead and ordered a new one and set it up last week. Thanks!

• 4. Re: Airave stopped working... please help!
    AbnormalyMe Newbie

I have unpluged, reset, replugged, and waited so many times and nothing is working even on the new AIRAVE 2.5! I am sitting here staring at the same Mobile light flashing red, the Network and Broadband lights steady red and the GPS light a perfect beautiful green that I wish could be contagious to the other 3 stubborn lights.

• 5. Re: Airave stopped working... please help!
    TheBells00 Newbie

Mine wasn't working initially either. I called the number in the booklet that came with the Airave 2.5 and the help support stayed on the phone with me for 1.5 hours until the problem was resolved! Try calling the number and letting them know your issue.

• 6. Re: Airave stopped working... please help!
    allgood Social Care

AbnormalyMe,

Hi, thanks for reaching out to us. TheBells00 had a great idea to call our network support team for the Airave and in furtherance of that suggestion I can help connect you to that team if you'd like to PM me with your Sprint number and pin.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

• 7. Re: Airave stopped working... please help!
    AbnormalyMe Newbie

AIRAVE support number was the 1st place I tried to get answers from. I am here now trying to see if anyone else had the same issues with the new AIRAVE 2.5 so I can maybe get mine working being that 'support' has no clue what the issue is. I have reset everything possible and waited at least 3 hours before trying something else for the last 30 hours.

• 8. Re: Airave stopped working... please help!
    AmaiT Social Care

Hello AbnormalyMe,

Has your issue been resolved? *Paida

• 9. Re: Airave stopped working... please help!
    LOGANVAN Newbie

A few days ago mine began having the same issues.  I've done everything listed here to no avail.

• 10. Re: Airave stopped working... please help!
    bdillon08 Regular Visitor

Mine quit working about a week ago.  All light are functional, my phones just won't connect.  I've restarted it, reset it, unplugged it.  About a year ago my house suddenly went to no signal.  Calls drop 100 percent of the time.  The airave worked at the expense of texts no longer working most of the time.  Now, my daughter spiked a 104.5 fever and my wife had to walk down the road to get service to call the doctor.  Lesson learned. Tomorrow I am getting a landline and canceling sprint. I will pay an ETF fee but it will be well worth it. 

• 11. Re: Airave stopped working... please help!
    310EI Newbie

One of our Airaves started showing the exact same flashing lights as in the video.

It was working the day before and then it stopped the next morning with no changes on our end.  We tried using the reset button and shutting off the modem/router/Airave several times.  In addition, we moved the Airave to the middle position of our modem/wireless router (vs >Modem >Wireless Router >Airave)... nothing worked.

We moved the Airave back to the way we originally had it positioned and decided to try a different POWER SUPPLY that we had for a different device.  After about 10 minutes the Airave was WORKING again with 3 solid green lights.  We made a phone call and heard the 3 beeps and had 5 to 6 signal strength bars vs zero or one.

As a side note, the power supply for this particular Airave has a flashing green light that coincided with the flashing lights of the Airave unit.  We have 3 different Airaves in use but only one has an indicator light on the power supply so be aware that yours may not have it necessarily.

My next step is to get Sprint to send a replacement power supply (otherwise I'll buy a universal power supply).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points