1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 87 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2013 7:28 AM by JonMcR Go to original post RSS
  • 75. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    JLG058 Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Laurent24 wrote:

I am dumb struck. The AIRAVE reset procedure after putting the Samsumg GSIII in airplane worked. THANK YOU. I had reset the AIRAVE before but not in airplane mode, wow. I am relieved, thank you.

You're welcome.  One thing to note:  do not update your profile on your Sammy phone while in range of the Airave.  It may cause your problems to start all over again.  You can always repeat the reset procedure though if the problems arise again.  I sometimes have to repeat because my brother next door has an Airave also (our neighborhood regularly has signal issues) and if I join his Airave while I'm next door then I seem to have issues when I come back to mine.  You'd think since Sammy makes our phones (I'm on the Note 2) and the Airave that we'd have less issues, not more. 

• 76. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    badbry01 Newbie

It appears my issue is now fixed. Turns out my GS3 was likely activated while my phone was reading my neighbors airave device. I called Sprint at work (away from the airave) and had them reactivate my phone and make sure they changed my MSID.  I now have no texting issues at home, even when I'm picking up the airave signal (as evidenced by the 3 bells that sound before I place a call or dial *99). I didn't even have to track down the neighbor to be added to their white list.  Hope this helps!

• 77. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    halldl02 Expert

Another option, for those with neighbors with an Airave, Sprint can block your phone from connecting to an Airave.

• 78. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    Mnuon Regular Visitor

Thank you for posting your suggestion! Totally worked for me, and Tech Support and I were on the phone almost all day trying to figure it out. But it works now, thank you!!!

• 79. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    Laurent24 Regular Visitor

No Texts

I returned from the Christmas holiday to find that I could not text again. I tried the previous method of airplane mode and then resetting the AIRAVE(AR), but it didn't work. Tried unplugging the AR sent a text via 3G natl network, then plugging AR back in, didn't work.Tried unplugging the AR, while in Airplane mode,then plugging in AR, didn't work. Tried: unplugging the cable modem and AR and restarting them while in airplane mode, didn't work,  then tried resetting the S III to just CDMA mode putting it to Airplane mode, restting the AR and then it worked. I'm just not sure which of the procedures is necessary.

• 80. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    JLG058 Valued Member

Laurent24 wrote:

No Texts

I returned from the Christmas holiday to find that I could not text again. I tried the previous method of airplane mode and then resetting the AIRAVE(AR), but it didn't work. Tried unplugging the AR sent a text via 3G natl network, then plugging AR back in, didn't work.Tried unplugging the AR, while in Airplane mode,then plugging in AR, didn't work. Tried: unplugging the cable modem and AR and restarting them while in airplane mode, didn't work,  then tried resetting the S III to just CDMA mode putting it to Airplane mode, restting the AR and then it worked. I'm just not sure which of the procedures is necessary.

Laurent, it sounds like you may be at the point that you need to contact Airave support.  If the method of going into Airplane mode on your phone, then resetting the Airave (holding in the little pin hole reset button on the back for 30 seconds), letting the Airave fully power back up (all green lights) and then returning your phone to Airplane mode off doesn't work, I have no other suggestions.  The bottom line is the Airave seems to be a really buggy device unfortunately.  At least in my experience it has been.  It seems especially finicky with Samsung phones.  Again, that is ironic considering the Airave is made by Samsung, I do believe.

• 81. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    concerned123 Newbie

Thank you, this did the trick for me. I'm still getting quadriple messages but at least I can send now.

• 82. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    Laurent24 Regular Visitor

I'm glad that it worked for you. I may have to replace the AIRAVE II someday, but now it's working.

• 83. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    bastienkatiana@sprintpcs.com Newbie

Thank u so much, I tried everything else even resetting my phone n none of it worked. So I start research on Google n saw that post , tried it n it worked. Thanks again

• 84. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    oscardgrouch Newbie

omg that is interesting because i just purchased the Samsung galaxy s3 and i have no reception in my area so they shipped out an airrave and now i have amazing signal but the airave damaged my wifi capabilities on my phone and sprint is now giving me excuses on how its not their airave and they wanna send me out a refurbished phone when my phone is not even a month old. I would understand if i damaged the device but it was a device sent out by sprint that damaged my device.

• 85. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    cheekymcm65 Regular Visitor

This problem is very exhausting and time consuming.  I've tried all these suggestions only for them to either not work or for the problem to reappear simply by leaving the house (leaving my network) and coming back home.  I just unplug the Airave when i do not need to use the mobile phone for reception.  PITA and i wish they would fix it.  Sprint CS is of no help.  where are all the brilliant techies working on this

• 86. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    Ethomancer Newbie

Fellow Sprint Users,

This is what is causing the problem:  The MSID is the same on the phone with LTE (the GSIII and GS4) as your old phone without LTE, and this causes a problem with the Air Rave.  It is a MSID problem

This is how you solve the problem: This is the phone number to Sprint Air Rave Tech Support 1-866-556-7310.  They know about this issue and how to fix it.  It will involve them changing your MSID, sending a push PRL Update, and perhaps resetting your Air Rave using the reset hold (paperclip).

I had the same problem, and I finally talked with someone in Sprint Air Rave Tech Support who knew what they were doing.

Ethomancer

• 87. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    JonMcR Expert

Airave damaged wifi? uhm....no. That's not possible...what is it exactly that you're calling "damaged" ???

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points