This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2013 5:05 PM by Levi4u RSS

USAA discount?

bstslave Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone verify if Sprint still has a discount for USAA members?  I've read several Archived discussions that state there is a 15% discount, but when I submitted my USAA information I received this response...

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to assist you with your

discount request.

Your discount request is pending because we were unable to confirm if

USAA participates in the Sprint Discount Program. We are researching

this further and will send you another email within 14 days that

approves or denies your request.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your

questions. Please reply to this email if you have any further questions

regarding your discount request.

Or, you can visit for other Sprint inquiries.

May Cheallane Lee L.

• 1. Re: USAA discount?
    Levi4u Master

As far as I know it was never meant for USAA members, only USAA employees. Many customers did receive the discount but all my friends that did get it had it removed recently and was told it was for USAA employees only, they had to apply for the military discount.

• 2. Re: USAA discount?
    bstslave Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply.  I went with the USAA route as I heard it was 15% versus the military discount which was only 10%.  I guess I'll wait and see how Sprint responds and post their reply for others to see.  Sprint could make life a lot easier on their customer's by publishing a list of current discounts and who qualifies for each.

• 3. Re: USAA discount?
    Gioman_9 Social Care

Hello bstslave,

Thanks for posting with us.

I checked our database and it seems that the discount with USAA is only for its employees. You may still wait on for the reply from the back office team already assisting you. They may have a different result to offer you.

If it helps, I've confirmed that we're offering a 10% discount for being a member of AOL (America Online) and also for being a member of AAA (American Automobile Association). If anyone would like to apply for any such discount, please visit our site: Thanks!

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 4. Re: USAA discount?
    Levi4u Master

If you belong to a Credit Union I'd apply for that one, it is 10%, but it also waives upgrade and activation fees.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points