This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 9:06 PM by Caressa.Thompson2 RSS

My screen was cracked

Caressa.Thompson2 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Okay I went to get my nails done and the chick who carried my stuff so I didnt damage the paint dropped my phone. She picked it up, set me up by a fan and then...left in a hurry. I got suspicious and looked at my screen...there is a hairline crack that starts at the middle of the phone and runs down to the lower portion of the phone. A little over 2 inches. I found the woman who cracked it but I plan on filing a complaint against the salon because she stated she was only paying half. My issue is I pay insurance on the HTC 4G LTE. 11 bucks to be exact. I was told over the phone if only the glass is cracked it can be replaced. They contacted the Corporate store on Fulton street and I was told to come right in. I did and they said they never said that and I would have to go through Asurion. I instead went to Kings Plaza Mall and the computers were down. To replace the screen it was 100 dollars. I left because that is more than the phone is worth. What in all **** am I paying for? I've had so many issues with Sprint's so called insurance. Service issues, delayed text messages, people calling yet I don't get the call...and on top of that I am paying for 4G service that I can't even use in either location. I visited 5 locations and heard so many different stories I am utterly disgusted. What is Sprint's TEP policy? I heard so much that I don't even know what to believe anymore. Before anyone says anything about me not having a screen protector or a cover stop right there. It has a screen protector but the cover I brought from Sprint broke and I am still waiting on a replacement.

• 1. Re: My screen was cracked
    SuperWilliamD Social Care

Caressa.Thompson2-

Eeek! I'm so sorry to hear that your phone was recently damaged! I can completely understand your frustrating with this! TEP has many benefits! If  you weren't subscribed to TEP, you would be subject to the standard retail pricing for your handset which as of now is $549.99. With TEP you can file a claim and pay $150.00 for a replacement. Also, if your device is free of physical damage and is not functioning properly, you can always visit a Service and Repair Center and have the device repaired/replaced at no cost. I would highly suggest contracting the Salon again and have them absorb the cost, being that they broke your device. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: My screen was cracked

Okay a few things

1. Online I can get this same phone brand new for 150. Sprints refurbished phones fails at life.

2. What benefits? I get subpar service from Sprint when it comes to repairs. Why my screen can't simply be replaced? Answer that.

3. Sprint does not do in store replacements. Last time this phone died on me I had to call and literally cry to Sprint to get a replacement. Please train the store employees better and make them read the policies.

• 3. Re: My screen was cracked

Caressa.Thompson2-

Thanks for the response! Once your device is physically damaged, the normal warranty becomes void and we're unable to repair the device in store. You would in fact need to file a claim through Asurion for a replacement and they will overnight you a device for the cost of the $150 deductible. You can easily do that by visiting, www.phoneclaim.com/sprint. In order to qualify for a discount on equipment, you would need to be upgrade eligible. If you're not upgrade eligible, the cost of equipment would be $549.99. You can easily check to see if you qualify by texting 'upgrade' to 1311.

All of the replacements units that Asurion sends out are put through rigorous quality tests and are like-new.

I hope this info helps!

-William

• 4. Re: My screen was cracked

How long was that warrenty policy in place? I had the HTC EVO 3D and the glass had a bad Spider crack. The glass was replaced no problem. No questions asked. That was sometime last year (will find exact date). Seems the only time you guys are willing to do anything is when you need good reviews. Shady business. And if I have to pay 150 for a like new phone that won't really work I will just buy the glass for 20 bucks (plus shipping) and pay someone 40 bucks to replace the glass. That will save me tears, heartache and about 80 bucks. My contract is almost up anyways....me and my family will just move on. I have a 4G phone that I can't even use to it's fullest capasity. Before the screen crack it overheated a lot to the point it burned, service was just....bad and nothing could be done. What am I paying for? Not satisfied sir. Not at all. Another thing is bugging me. Did you guys plan this? The 4G WiMax and 4G LTE being released seperately? Why do I have to pay extra insurance on my phone because it has LTE? At this point I don;t even know why I chose you guys over Verizon.

• 5. Re: My screen was cracked

Caressa.Thompson2-

Our warranty program is industry standard. You maybe able to find 3rd party repair shops that will replace parts of your device for a charge, however your device would not qualify for warranty work, due to cosmetic damage through Sprint. I completely understand how you feel about your phone, especially given the fact that you didn't cause the actual damage.

Our 4G WiMax network is available in certain markets, but not everywhere. We have chosen to go with LTE as it has become a global 4G standard, and can has been deemed as superior to WiMax 4G. We're aggressively working on expanding our LTE coverage and have already launched in many markets with more to be expected. You can find more specific information via www.sprint.com/newsroom and www.sprint.com/network.

The cost of Total Equipment Protection increased due to the increase cost of Smartphones. This is why the premium is now $11.00 due to the overall cost of your Smartphone, all premium high end devices such as the Evo LTE and iPhone have $11.00 premiums and varying deductible costs. TEP can be removed at anytime however, keep in mind once it's removed, it cannot be re-added to your account unless the event of a new equipment purchase.

If you end up filing a claim through Asurion, I certainly do not want you to think that you'll be receiving a defective device, that is not the case. We truly do appreciate your business!

I appreciate the response,

William

• 6. Re: My screen was cracked
    fireguy_6364 Master

Caressa.Thompson2 wrote:

Okay a few things

1. Online I can get this same phone brand new for 150. Sprints refurbished phones fails at life.

2. What benefits? I get subpar service from Sprint when it comes to repairs. Why my screen can't simply be replaced? Answer that.

3. Sprint does not do in store replacements. Last time this phone died on me I had to call and literally cry to Sprint to get a replacement. Please train the store employees better and make them read the policies.

1-more than likely you will only get that price if its used through another person or if you start up a new contract.

2-they stopped doing this a little while back. they dont replace ANY screens anymore. if i were you i would bypass asurian and seeing as how the one store you stopped at was going to charge you 100 i would just do that..50 out of your pocked compared to 75 out of your pocked (the other half on both of those is through your nail salon) and risk getting a phone that has issues. its not unheard of by any means.

• 7. Re: My screen was cracked

Nah...this phone isn't worth it. I didn't buy it, Sprint gave it to me for free (can see why) when my old EVO 3D was fried by a Sprint repair center (go figure). I want the Galaxy Note 2. This phone will be given back to Sprint (in which I bet they will fix the screen then...crooks) and probaly given to some other unsuspecting customer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points