Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life

TENEESHA1980 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

How do I reserve my battery life?

• 1. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    Capt.Random Social Care

TENEESHA1980

Thanks for the post. You can go into the settings and there is an option called power saving mode. Here you can adjust settings that will save your battery by allowing certain features to use less or more power. You can also try changing your brightness settings and turn off apps running in the background. This will assist in saving you some battery time.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 2. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    TENEESHA1980 Newbie

Thank you for the reply Victor. I actually have power save mode on and turn off apps after I use them but my battery still drains. From the time I take it off the charger in the AM (right before I walk out the door)  to the time I get to work (which is about 5 mins away) by battery has loss 5-7% and I'm not even using it. It sits on my desk and I'd say within 2 hours of being at work I'm at 80% and again I haven't used it. I used to keep it on the charger everyday so by the time I leave I have some battery but then I heard it's not good to keep it on the charger all day

• 3. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    Jenny_R20 Social Care

TENEESHA1980,

I would like to look into this further for you. Are you roaming at all?

Thank you,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

• 4. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    SILVER97RW Regular Visitor

Mine does the SAME thing! I had to buy a backup battery because it would run out so quickly - with little to no actual use! I, at least, am definitely not roaming.

• 5. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    DRAGOAN1 Regular Visitor

Go into the notification tray and turn off WIFI/Blutooth/GPS if not using them. With these on the battery burns very fast cause phone is constantly looking for these signals. With them off you should notice considerable better battery.

• 6. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    78717Girl Newbie

It has to be an internal problem.  I am reading these issues on forums all over the place.  Mine does it plus I get error messages saying the voltage is too high. HUH?  I went to the Sprint store yesterday and swapped out for a new batter, but a few hours later, I got the same error message and it is still draining like crazy, with nothing running. I'm getting an I-phone.

• 7. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    Capt.Random Social Care

78717Girl,

Thanks for the reply. Have you taken the device to a Sprint owned service center? Also have you attempted to contact Samsung over this? They are the people that manufactured the device. These are just some options. I would start with the service center. After they look at your device they can make a better determination on what your next step is. Also if you plan to get an Iphone you can use your device to get a buyback to make the new device less costly. Check the link to see what your device is worth. www.sprint.com/buyback.

Victor

Sprint Social Care.

• 8. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    rick.spencer Bronze Expert

If your not in an LTE area I would go to settings>more settings>mobile networks and if network mode has CDMA/LTE change to CDMA. also in the same menu screen tap connections optimizer then tap the "back" key then uncheck the green checkmark on the top right box.  I have found these two settings help my battery life considerably, Rick.

( these settings get changed automatically when there's an update)

• 9. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    JSJ622 Newbie

I am experience heavy battery drain ever since the 4.1.2 software update.  I just had to plug in the charger 30 minutes ago because the battery was at 5%. It lasted a whole 7 hours.   Before the update, I could run my phone all day and part of the next unless I was on the pone for several hours.  I have wiped the cache, factory reset, enabled power saving mode, set my wirelessmode to CDMA only (I don't have LTE coverage).  I use WiFi mostly.  I sit about 0.2 mile from a site so I am not roaming, I have good signal strength.  It's even worse with Exchange email set up but that was never a problem before.

• 10. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    Capt.Random Social Care

JSJ622,

Thanks for the post. Have you taken the device to a Sprint Service Center? I dont show any known issues for your device that covers this issue. I would also try to contact Samsung, they might be able to shed some light over this possible issue.

Victor

Sprint Social Care.

• 11. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    JSJ622 Newbie

Hi Victor,

I have not taken it to a Service Center or spoken to Samsung at this time.  I may try those avenues, it's just extremely frustrating to have your phone work great for 6 months and then have issues because of a software upgrade.  I haven't changed anything else.

• 12. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    ScottW68 Newbie

I can confirm that mine is doing this as well.  It was working just fine, and I could go longer than a day, depending on usage, on a single charge.  Now, I just took it off charge at 100% and I have 7hrs of battery life.  Sprint needs to identify the issue and get it corrected.  I can say that in the battery app, the Media process is currently at 83%.

• 13. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    Capt.Random Social Care

JSJ622,

I am really sorry to hear about this. I can totally understand your frustration with this, I would be just as upset over this as you must be over this. I assure you as soon as a fix is created for this we will update our newsroom site, www.sprint.com/newsroom, Also there should be a heads up here. If you see an update from Samsung please let us know. Im sure your not the only one with this issue.

Victor

Sprint Social Care.

• 14. Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life
    Capt.Random Social Care

ScottW68,

Thanks for the post. Did you take the new update as well? Was it working better prior to the update?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points