This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2013 1:55 PM by TheFifthLetter RSS

Text messages keep repeating!

Daviel100 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Please, if anyone knows how I can fix this problem myself because I have called Sprint multiple times and they have no idea what is going on. I am able to send texts perfectly fine and my contacts receive the texts fine, but EVERY single text message that I receive starts repeating. I get the SAME text from people multiple times, like 5 or 6 times and they come every few minutes or so. I have my text inbox filled with repeated texts. After about 20 mins, the texts stop coming, until someone sends me another text, then THAT one repeats again and again. It drives me crazy and I know that it is NOT my phone, because it was doing the same thing on my old S2 phone so I got the Galaxy S3 and it was fine at first, but I think after an Android update it started doing it, im not sure. It updated again after the problem started, but that did not fix anything. I have no idea what I can do. I am usually good at troubleshooting myself, but this is something that I cannot find a fix for. If anyone has ever had this problem and fixed it, please let me know. This has been going on for about 2 months now. Thank you!

• 1. Re: Text messages keep repeating!
    JustDarryl Social Care

Yikes, I can see how receiving those multiple text would drive you crazy.  When did this start occuring?  I'm not showing any known issues for multiple text on the GS3.  I'd like to check your area and see if there are any service alerts, can you provide cross streets and a zipcode.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

• 2. Re: Text messages keep repeating!
    Daviel100 Newbie

Boyette Rd. and Fishawk Blvd. 33569,

I'm not sure what it is, but its been going on for a while now, at least 2 months. I would think that a service problem would affect the other 3 numbers on my account as well but it is only affecting mines so I'm not sure what it is. I was told over the phone when I called on 3/2/13 that I would receive a call back from a technician in 1-2 days while he checks this problem, but I have not heard back at all. I have this case number that they gave me too: 19473777130302. They did some troubleshooting on my phone and it seemed to have stopped doing it just for a few hours and then it started again.

• 3. Re: Text messages keep repeating!
    TheFifthLetter Social Care

Daviel100,

Thanks for responding, the number you provided looks like a network ticket. I tried pulling up that number & was unable to find anything, can you confirm if that's the correct ticket number? We're aware that this issue can be caused by using our Airave device, can you let us know if you're using one? Does this happen at every location or is it in one area?

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

• 4. Re: Text messages keep repeating!
    Daviel100 Newbie

That is the number they gave me for the technician. I can PM you my account info if you need it. This happens at every location and I am not using an Airave. Im actually getting good signal, better than before probably due to some improvements in the area. I was getting terrible signal before.

• 5. Re: Text messages keep repeating!
    TheFifthLetter Social Care

Daviel100,

Thanks for the information, sure go ahead and send me a private message. Make sure to include your cell phone number along with any security information needed to access your account.

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points