1 2 3 8 Previous Next 106 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2014 8:32 PM by Derflafla9999 RSS

Error Code 34 when Texting

UserAnonymous Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone getting this code constantly when trying to send a text message? My phone also delays sending texts or sometimes doesn’t send them at all so I am constantly having to resend them until it goes through. I called Support and a rep had to have it internally investigated more in depth and said she would call me back with the outcome. She called back and left a message that the error message was basically saying that my phone was the issue and needed to be updated with new software and wanted me to call back to do this. Mind you, I just got the new Samsung Galaxy III about one month ago. When I called back, I spoke with a new rep and he said that my phone was as up to date with software as possible and nothing could be done. ***? I’m confused …..

If anyone else is having this problem, was it resolved and how?

• 1. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    JustDarryl Social Care

That's not good about your inconsistencies with text.  How long have you been experiencing Error 34?  Are any other services affected like Voice?  I'd like to check your area to see if there are any network alerts shown.  Can you provide cross streets and a zipcode.

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

• 2. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    UserAnonymous Newbie

I have had this issue for about 3 weeks now. I'm not quite sure if it is effecting Voice or not. I mean sometimes people call me and I don't show a missed call or they will call and my phone won't ring but the volume is on. I have been having connectivity issues with my Mobile Network as well and it's infuriating. I’m paying for services that I’m not even receiving. I have called and chatted on several occassions and sometimes a tower is out and sometimes it isn't so it's inconsistent with the problem I'm currently dealing with. I just need to know what the "upgrade" in Software was that was initially recommended and have it done. My travel area varies but I am usually in zip codes 77469 and I travel through to 77493.

• 3. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    JustDarryl Social Care

Thanks for the zipcodes, there are Network Vision Upgrades taking affect around Richmond and in Katy.  Services may be impacted if you're around some of the towers being upgraded; Upgrade in Katy start on 2/20 and Richmond areas started around the beginning of March.  Would you be able to provide an intersection where you experience these difficulties, I'll be able to narrow down your servicing tower(s).  The most recent update in software specifically improved Voicemail application updates, SMS Messaging 3-digit support, and Calendar sync fixes.  Since you're traveling through different areas/zipcodes going through Network Vision upgrades, can you attempt to re-register onto the network by powercycling and Updating the Data Profile when in another location.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

• 4. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    valleymechnical94 Newbie

I have been having the same issue.  I've called Sprint twice and they had me do the PRL and profile update and the problem still continues. One Sprint rep had me do factory reset, because they said it was not the network and/or towers. The rep mentioned it could be the phone itself.  Either way, I didn't get the issue solved. The problem usually starts around the same time each day. This is really fustraiting.

• 5. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    JustDarryl Social Care

valleymechnical94,

Are you also located around Richmond and Katy, if not I'd like to check your area, can you provide cross streets and a zipcode.  Sounds like a network issue if this occurs around the same time each day.  When did Error 34 start occurring for you?  Are any other services affected when the error comes up?

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

• 6. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    valleymechnical94 Newbie

No, I am not.  I am located in San Jose, CA.  The zipcode is 95110, cross streets are Newhall St and Waco St. I started experiencing this issue last Tuesday 3/19/13. No other services are being affected by this error, just outgoing text.

• 7. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    JustDarryl Social Care

valleymechnical94,

Thanks for the location in San Jose, there's a nearby tower located near Alameda & W Taylor St. that has been down for data services since 3/19.  SMS Text shouldn't be impacted as those go through Voice services, are you sending MMS or pictures?  What kind of phone are you using?  When outside of Newhall & Waco are you still getting Error 34 when sending?

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

• 8. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    valleymechnical94 Newbie

I receive incoming text messages, but my texts are not going through, they are not MMS or pitcutes just regular text messages. When I'm outside of Newhall & Waco, I do not get Error 34.  I am using the Galaxy S3

• 9. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    JustDarryl Social Care

valleymechnical94,

I'd like to look into this further and check registration logs for the device, can you send me a Private Message and include device phone number and Account PIN/Password so I can view.  I don't believe it's a device issue since this only occurs at one area, reviewing logs will help determine if a network ticket needs to be created.

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

• 10. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    DANT0007 Regular Visitor

I'm also getting error code 34 on my samsung galaxy s3.  Zip code 78759-3504.  I just bought this phone a few months ago and it's been happening ever since.  I had no problems with my Galaxy S1 for over 2 years.

I called the sprint rep, who had me take it into a sprint store.  They tried to charge me $50 to run diagnostics on it, so I walked out. 

I tried PRL and Profile update.  Nothing changed.

I just did a full factory reset and that didn't change anything.

please help.

• 11. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    JustDarryl Social Care

DANT0007,

That's not good you've been getting error 34 when trying to text.  Have you even been successful in sending a text since having the S3?  When you're outside the Austin area, are you still getting error 34?  I'm not showing any service alerts for the 78759 zipcode, can you provide cross streets and I'll take a look at the servicing tower.

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

• 12. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    DANT0007 Regular Visitor

I've been successful in sending texts periodically.  It seems that when I'm roaming (in Austin) I have no problem ever sending texts, but when I'm on the sprint network sometimes doesn't work.  I haven't been able to narrow down when it's exactly happening. 

What I can tell you is that at Mopac Hiway and Duval Rd it does the following:
    1.  Shows 5 bars of service.

1.png

2.  I attempt to send text.

3. While the text is pending, the service slowly goes down to 0 and fails with error code 34

2.png

4. It comes back in roaming. (the time stamp is much later because I had turned roaming off during the test.  I had to go back in and enable it)

3.png

5. I resend the text and it's works fine. 

I've dialed 99 and it says I'm on Switch 618, then when it comes back in roaming and works correctly, I'm using a Verizon tower.

I hope this information is helpful.

• 13. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    JustDarryl Social Care

DANT0007....Thanks for the info.  That is strange you can send over roaming but signal goes awry after trying to send on the Sprint network. When you're outside of Austin and have signal in other areas, does this still occur, or just in Austin?  I'm most likely going to have to get a network ticket created on your behalf.  I'd first like to check registration logs, can you send me a Private Message and include device phone number and Account PIN/Password so I can view. 

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

• 14. Re: Error Code 34 when Texting
    PURPOSE4LYFE Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue with the Code 34. It actually went from a Code 97 to 34.  I just got off the phone with Sprint Tech Support. She said that she couldn't find a code 34 in the system and had me enter a code using my dial pad to do a hands free activation to update my PRL, Profile, and check for firmware updates. She said it would take a few minutes to update the network.  I can receive text messages but still can't send them. I'm in Williamsburg, Virginia

1 2 3 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points