1 2 3 12 Previous Next 177 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2014 5:15 PM by oscar684 RSS

WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey

Oneshyne Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

This is beyond untolerable. I may understand there is no 4G LTE in my city in 07306 BUT there's no LTE being built in New Jersey at all. Time to crawl out of my contract soon. no need to continue paying $10 for "Premium Data" when you can't even experience Premium data (4G LTE) at all not even in your state.

• 1. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey
    SprintIronman Social Care

Oneshyne,

Thanks for your post. The Network Vision rollout is a large process that consists of many different variables when being implemented. There is absolutely LTE coming to New Jersey. Different municipalities within the state may have varying regulations that have to be adhered to when installing everything, which may cause a flux in timing, which is why there isn't an exact ETA for when the system itself will go live. With that said, based on your zip code alone, there are a number of upgrades headed your way > https://network.sprint.com/search/+07306/

With regards tot he $10 Premium Data Charge, this charge is not related to LTE, 3g, or any other speed. The charge is tied to smartphones as they use a great deal more data, even when not in active use, than their feature phone counterparts. This helps us keep data unlimited for our customers on the Sprint network. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey
    Oneshyne Valued Member

well all due respect Dan it is "not" to keep the data unlimited at all Whoever prep you into telling us customers that have 10+years is a lie. Anybody that been with Sprint that long KNOW we always have unlimited data. Even with many old phone I had a Samsung A920 & before that I always have unlimited Data & text. The Premium data plan fee "was" 1st applied to ALL 4G Smartphone "starting with the HTC Evo & the Samsung Epic 4G (which was what I had) they still call it "Premium Data" when they charge the extra $10 to all 4G phones. WHY is it now applied well after the last few lawsuits flying left to right about the Premium Data plan being charge to only 4G phones they decide to charge ALL phones the premium data plan fee. I don't know what you see about Premium Data to keep it unlimited because on my online menu when I click on Premium data it says exactly this " We require this add on for phones made to deliver a high superior wireless experience including web, email, video, and social networking" looks like the "superior" word of course refers to a high speed level of data being used "4G LTE" we always had unlimited way before smart phones. so no need to lie to myself or anybody else about it. look at Sprint website for the smart phones & look at all the phones since mid last year that is coming out they all are 4G smart phones that can't even use LTE at all. It is obviously a reason why they making all smart phones LTE.

• 3. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey

Oneshyne,

The fee itself is indeed implemented to keep data unlimited. Many providers had unlimited plans that they decided to forego due to the amount of data that smartphones consume. Sprint found ways to give our customers the unlimited data they desired while not hitting their pocketbooks as other providers have. The superior wireless experience you are referring to is across all speeds and come down to the phones themselves and their capabilities. Smartphones can run all of the above and require the addition, whereareas feature phones do not have many of the capabilities and do not require data plans. When it comes to the phones themselves, manufacturers are certainly designing and building more phones that are 4G LTE capable for Sprint and other providers to sell as all cellular networks are moving to the speed and reliability of LTE services. The manufacturers prefer to keep up with the networks their devices will work best with and adapt as necessary. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 4. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey
    oscar684 Expert

Well i don't now whom to belive when i got my phone the sanmung galaxy s3 the sales men told me that 4g lte service will be availble in new jersey on january 2013 we r on march and nothing now i read in many post that there is no a clue if sprint is working on new jersey for the service te funny part is my sister has a glaxy s2 and she has a 4g service i now is a winmax i don't need a explanation for that but why the lie about the 4g service now i want to swicht to another provider and the ansewer from sprint is u have to pay cancelation fee is right for that companie to charge us for cancelation fee but they not get any solution to the problem about 4g lte why sprint try people like this with alot of lies i need to now if sprint is working in new jersey yes or no simple not the tipical ansewer check on the coverage map plese no more lies

• 5. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey
    felix334 Newbie

Sprint offers unlimited data because is so slow in most of the markets that you CANT use it at all!!!!! In my area there have been many upgrades and still they cant keep up with it,a 20 sec youtube video will take you more than 5 min to watch it,on the other hand Sprint made us pay $10 extra dollars and the data is slower than ever!! and before someone tells me that their service works great i will say good for you but i wont keep paying for someone elses network upgrades and the leave me in the dark with a service data that is worst than dial up!!My service is around $180 a month and my friens have a prepaid $50 a month service plan per phone that blows my phone out of the water every time!

• 6. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey
    Oneshyne Valued Member

Dan again don't try to test customers that are aware 10+years of how OUR services was set. Sprint ALWAYS have unlimited, AT&T never had unlimited as a recall it.  Verizon they use to have unlimited & realize they'll make a blockbuster removing the unlimited & start Tier data plans (AT THE MINIMUM) you can say what you want about Verizon but AT LEAST THEY HAVE LTE IN NEW JERSEY IN EVEN IN MY AREA 07306 & NYC & not avoiding the popluated areas. Also like I said on Premium data add on it says "SUPERIOR not UNLIMITED" it's a difference try to tell a person that don't know the difference or a person that just recently Sign up with Sprint that.

• 7. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey
    Oneshyne Valued Member

Mafer19 Believe me I want to know the same dang answer from them. Is they working on LTE in NJ. it's frustrating not knowing this at all. We "as a state" get skipped & we have a good population of people in our state that got Sprint. I even have a friend in Wildwood that have Sprint. It sucks man If you want out of your contract go to small claims dept in your nearest courthouse in your county & sue them. If you need further information on how to go about with that message me because I am in the process of doing this in 1 hour but not because of the 4G though it's because the improper billing in ALL angles. Our activation fee is only suppose to be $36 right why did they charge me $38.25  & for a line that is reported lost on my account I suppose to get billed only $8.99 for it a month "but it's not counting down to my contract which I accept" these fools still billing me entirely in full for a service that I can't use cause the phone is lost. I seriously kinda had it & if they decide to tell me what they told me last year when I sue them for $1500 that they'll threaten to cancel all 4 of my lines. Imma give them to OK to do it & sue them for the $1200 I deposit to get my lines back. I am already fedup to the max. bad enough Sprint can give us a nice improper business practices by giving us a improper billing but **** they don't even have 4G LTE in our state & we about to go on a year of having LTE. Seriously though a year close to having LTE & the state of New Jersey is not on the map at all for LTE planning. I respect all ya'll fellow customers in other states but really though how the **** does the following states get LTE before New Jersey Kansas, Virgina, Missippi, Indiana, Massachusetts & even wisconsin. Get LTE or is in the plan for future LTE & New Jersey is not. I hope "us as a whole" they lose business with all customers in the state of New Jersey if they don't get that LTE planned by within a few more months

• 8. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey
    c_brookhart Bronze Expert

Mafer19 / Oneshyne:

Sprint expects its customers to wait until the end of the year for the Network Vision upgrade (which provides LTE) to be complete, unless you happen to live in one of the market areas where Sprint has announced LTE as being available. I live in Staten Island, NY and have only seen LTE in the city. NYC hasn't officially been announced yet for LTE, but I've only found it by going to sensorly.com and checking out the Sprint 4G map and seeing which areas in NYC supposedly have LTE.

Sprint won't announce LTE markets until their complete, so maybe LTE is in the process of coming to NJ.

• 9. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey
    c_brookhart Bronze Expert

Dan,

What I would like to know is this. If I take a non-smart phone which I assume is operating in 3G and I take the Galaxy S3 which is "stuck" in 3G due to a lack of LTE, how can the Galaxy S3 use more data than the non-smart phone if they are both in 3G?

• 10. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey

mafer19,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry if the agent in the store did not have the proper information on hand. We are working all across the United States, including New Jersey, to bring LTE to our customers as fast as we can. As I had stated to Oneshyne, there are many different variables that go into implementing this system, which causes estimated for full implementation or activation to fluctuate. We absolutely appreciate your patience as we work towards bringing you a superior network experience. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 11. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey

Oneshyne,

Correct, Sprint has had unlimited and continues to offer it to our customers. Both Verizon and AT&T did have unlimited plans that they decided to forego for their various reasons. All celluar providers are moving to bigger, faster networks. Some providers may have towers in areas that differ from their competitors and may have different regulations than the others, which causes differences in coverage as LTE moves to cellular customers nationwide. We are happy to be working hard to implement a system that will provide our customers with a greater network with a wider range and faster speeds while also keping our plans affordable and our data unlimited. Thanks.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 12. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey

c_brookhart,

Thanks for your post. The differences in the processors and abilities of the phone are what causes the main difference betwen feature phones and smart phones. Smart phones, even when not in active use, are using data while updating applications, pulling emails, etc. Feature phones don't have many of those capabilities and wouldn't be using them to the extent that smart phones would be. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 13. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey
    felix334 Newbie

Ha!! By the time I see lte down here in south jersey it will be old technology and then Sprint will charge me more to fund the next network overhaul and give other markets new technology! I just did a test on my phone and got 40 kbps download and 60 kbps unload I felt like I was using my old dial up conection, how can you justify the use of more data when their is actually limited to non usable data? Im going to move to another carrier this week and then im going to wait for the etf to be billed to my account so I can take my case to a small claims court along with all the info I have been collecting in the past few monts and let the decide how's right! On the meantime you can keep youre smoke and mirrors 4g lte!!

• 14. Re: WHY is there no 4G LTE in New Jersey
    Oneshyne Valued Member

I strongly agree felix. oh my how I nearly forgot until you just remind me the horror "not data" speed that I witness in Salem NJ when I was there in south jersey from august-november. I used to get 15-40kbps (at the most) & that is in 08079. I said this will never work we had to rely on our neighbor's open wifi to get connection down there. Felix I also strongly agree with your 1st post about us paying for others network upgrade & leaving us in the dark it's just flat out wrong & Dan exactly like felix said with speeds that slow how can you justify the use of more data "let alone" SUPERIOR data that I suppose to experience. The only data it downloads on smartphone is synchonize data in the background "like automatic gmail/yahoo mail"  Speaking about Data felix when I get to a computer that can post this picture of the data I occur this morning on my S3 phone your gonna be like this a **** shame. I was wondering why my facebook was stuck on "loading comments"

1 2 3 12 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...