This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2013 10:22 AM by dwbydesign RSS

NO CREDIT UNION BUSINESS DISCOUNT

THEMAN0177 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am happy to assist you with your concern. 

The Sprint Discount Program is only for individual accounts.

If you were eligible for the discount, you will receive a 10% monthly service discount because credit union only awards a 10% monthly service discounts to its members.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions. Please reply to this email if you have any further questions regarding your discount request.

Or, you can visit sprint.com for other Sprint inquiries.

Sincerely,

Christian Jonathan B.

Sprint

So the bottom line is, no 15% Business discounts for credit unions even after contracts were signed with the discount that don't seem to exsit from sprint. But the credit union.org and the sprint reps and brochures all say different. Well it must be true because I never recieved any discounts.

• 1. Re: NO CREDIT UNION BUSINESS DISCOUNT

Well it looks like Sprint lost another account. My cousin has a landscaping business and he was waiting to see if I finally got my business discount, seeing how his contract was up too. After informing him about no discounts still, He just signed up with Verzion. He got a good deal too with 6 phones. He wants me to join too. So I'll be looking into it next week.

• 2. Re: NO CREDIT UNION BUSINESS DISCOUNT
    Missy_K. Newbie

THEMAN0177, You have been misinformed. The Credit Union program is actually better for CL accounts. It gives you 15% off of your MRC and unlocks special pricing on Mobile broadband plans.

• 3. Re: NO CREDIT UNION BUSINESS DISCOUNT

Well here in Michigan, I have been trying to get my business discount for the last 2 contract that I signed up for. Now after 5 years of trying to get my discounts and dealing with customer service for the last 5 weeks totaling to about 43hrs. that my company has to pay me for. to find out nobody can seem to get my discount going. I've been told that I need a family plan so I can get a credit union 10% discount and that I need to talk to customer service to change my account over to a family plan. So I'm sorry to inform you Missy that I as well as 13 other companys have had the same problems. My company and 1 other is the last 2 with Sprint. Everyone else has already changed Phone companys. Every time I talk to Sprint, I just go around and around. Nothing ever gets done !!!

• 4. Re: NO CREDIT UNION BUSINESS DISCOUNT
    my3sonsmom Regular Visitor

It certainly is a joke.  I used to have a Credit Union discount on my business 5 line plan of 27%. I contacted the number my credit union gave me to obtain the sprint discount years ago.  They convinced me to get 5 lines since Sprint offered the higher discount with 5 lines.  I received that email a while back that said I needed to verify I am still a member.  I submitted the information and received nothing.  Ultimately after repeated calls, I finally got a 10% discount.  I lost an 18% discount for having 5 lines.  So I contact Sprint and talk to a manager.  He says he will take care of it and to hold off canceling the phone I no longer have a contract with.  Well 4 months have gone by and this "manager" won't even return my call. 

No reason to have 5 lines with Sprint anymore.  Thanks Sprint.  First you cut back the discounts, then you just take them away.  Those discounts were the reason I went with Sprint and had them for over 10 years.  The lack of the discount is the reason I will be moving my business accounts elsewhere. 

• 5. Re: NO CREDIT UNION BUSINESS DISCOUNT
    dwbydesign Regular Visitor

We were put on a Credit Union discount plan in July of 2011, and at that time we got new phones, plus we were then eligible for new phones every year,  while still on a 2 year contract.  That was good, since we only have 5 phones on our company account. 

Fast forward to Sept of 2012.  According to our plan, we were eligible for phones in July of 2012, but 2 months later in Sept, I was told we weren't eligible until July 2013.  No one seemed to know ANYTHING about the Credit Union Discount program that they sold us just over a year earlier.  So like the rep on this thread, it's not "we don't do that anymore" it's "we don't know what you're talking about!".  

Bait and Switch.  Alive and well with many unseemly and dishonest businesses, including apparently Sprint.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...