1 2 3 28 Previous Next 406 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2014 8:36 AM by Ampvb RSS

When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?

Sprint-on Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?

• 1. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    allgood Social Care

Hang in there. We don't have a rollout schedule yet but we are moving quickly to get LTE to everyone. This is a technology we are committed to and plan to expand everywhere!

Andrew

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    camillc Newbie

I would like to know about Cleveland/Northeast Ohio as well. Will it be 2013?...2014? There are no plans as of now? Why are we paying the same amount as a customer in Dallas who has had this service for a year now? While we may be waiting another year? This is very frustrating!!!

• 3. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    justauser2 Newbie

I agree. When we renewed our contract in April 2012 we were told Sprint would have 4G LTE in Cleveland by August 2013. Now we are not even on the schedule. It's very frustrating. Makes me want to drop Sprint and I'm a long time customer.

• 4. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    jackbooted Regular Visitor

Ditto a year ago 4g work downtown now nothing what's going on?

• 5. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    Madman_Mordo Social Care

camillc,

I know how hard it is to remain patient while we continue to expand LTE coverage. Although we have not officially announced Cleveland yet, that does not rule out the city in the near future. Stay tuned for the latest announcements here.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

• 6. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    Madman_Mordo Social Care

justauser2,

I apologize on behalf of any Sprint representatives who misinformed you of an estimated time of LTE rollout. Due to the nature of network vision, we do not give estimated times of completion. I appreciate that you have continued to choose Sprint for your wireless needs, especially in this competitive market.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

• 7. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    Madman_Mordo Social Care

jackbooted,

Are you speaking of WiMAX coverage or LTE? We have not yet begun expanding LTE in this area yet, so I doubt that you picked up true LTE. But don't worry, it's coming soon.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

• 8. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    ReallyBigfamei Valued Member

Sprint can keep there promises. I go to companies that can deliver results.

• 9. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?

When bought my Photon, in7/20011 and for at least 6 months after while I was working in the public square area and for most of my dilute to and from Brecksvple my phone indicated I was connected via 4G work. Iwwatched netflix and all my mom's Internet activity was FAST. Beenout of town im avery poor reception area since then W.V......UPON RETURNING......absoloutpy NO 4Gim at all.  what happened. When I bought the phone I was told Cleveland had limited 4G and that it would get better.  NOT GO AWAY COMPLETELY......

• 10. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?

Oh and if you did.t notice I don't text worth a dammmmmm.

• 11. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    QMaverick Regular Visitor

*bump*

OK, my connection speeds (on 3G) have gone to complete **** lately.  I am getting around 30 kbps at work, which is awful, and typically unusable.  I am also dropping calls in and around work.  Previously, I had fantastic and reliable connections.

That tells me one of two things.

Either Sprint is currently upgrading towers and isn't telling us about it (which seems like a bad move), or they are cutting bandwidth to this area for some reason.

I went with Sprint because of the unlimited data, but now I can barely use it.  T-Mobile's new pricing plance are looking awfuly tempting--if their network were up to snuff, I'd be arguing my way out of my Sprint contract right now.  It does me no good to have a smart phone I can't use for data.

So, I'm begging you, Sprint, if you're upgrading towers (even if you're behind and don't know when you'll be done), PLEASE TELL US.  If you don't, you're likely to start losing customers fast.  I miss my old, reliable connection.  :-(

So, any word on Cleveland area upgrades?  And don't point me to the map that claims 34 data speed increases either, because that's not what I'm experiencing in the real world.

• 12. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    NORMLGUY20 Regular Visitor

To **** with 4g LTE, how about just a working signal??? I work in Solon, live in Parma, and throughout the day, I vary between 0 service at all, and roaming. I constantly have to keep my phone on a charger, or else it will die from constantly searching for a signal. When I was at home yesterday, and the power went out, knocking out my airwave signal booster (which I MUST have to even make a call from my house), it took me 10 minutes just to make one 2 minute phone call. It's ridiculous. Furthermore, I have been trying in vein to talk to CSR about this, but the guy INSISTS that he has to have me on the phone to deal with the problems I am having. The worst thing? He wants to call me at work, where I have no signal, so I can't answer the phone, to talk to him, to address my problems, so......I ask him to give me a time I can try to reach him, and he says that's not possible. WHAT THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???  I have been with you people for over 10 years, and each year, it just gets worse. The only reason I stayed with Sprint is because of their good plan rates, but what good is a plan when it never works???

• 13. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    QMaverick Regular Visitor

I live in Parma and get fantastic signal (at home).  There are a few dead-zones in the city though--I've been through them.  Pandora will just stop for a minute as I drive down Pleasant Valley, for example.

That's what drives me nuts--when the network works, it's great.  I was getting 1.8 kbps down at home a couple of weeks ago, but this morning I was getting 500. It's so bloody inconsistent that something HAS to be going on with the towers.

That's what I'm saying above--we need a little transparency.  Tell us WHY this is happening.  I had CSR reprogram my phone because that would supposedly help.  I did get a good signal the rest of the day, but after that, it went to complete **** again here at work (Garfield Heights).

That's why I came here to beg for a little information--it's a documented place where they can see how many ticked off Ohioans there are in one place.  :-)  So, please, for the love of all things holy, give us a little VIABLE information.

• 14. Re: When is 4G LTE coming to Cleveland Ohio area?
    NORMLGUY20 Regular Visitor

Man, I am jealous. I have never had a good signal at my home in Parma, and I have lived in two different locations!! I just get mad, because I am sick and tired of paying for a phone service that never works at it advertises. Along with the fact that my old Motorola could get 4g coverage, but NOT the Galaxy s3! It can only get 4g via the LTE network, so we are also paying full prices and cannot even use our phones to their capability, if at all. I am so exhausted by it all.....and if I hear "be patient" one more time......

1 2 3 28 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points