This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 3:45 PM by leahwyatt RSS

Phone Issues

Shel-el Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have had nothing but problems since i bought my Samsung Galaxy SIII.  I have been missing calls on a consistent basis.  Even when i am in area's where i have 100% signal strength.  My phone wont ring, and all of a sudden a voicemail pops up.  This tells me that i have missed a call that i was expecting.  This is a huge problem because i use this phone for business and every missed call can be vital.  At one time i was experiencing phone blackouts, where my phone would just shut-off while either on my hip or just sitting on my desk.  I have reported these and other issues to customer service and also had phone checked out at a Sprint service store.  I was told on a couple of occassions that this was due to system upgrades and it would only last for a few weeks.  Well its been several months now, and i am fed up with these occurences.  At this point i am searching for a different service provider.  I feel that Sprint customer service has not been there for me as they should.  Maybe changing out the phone with a new one would be an option, since it doesnt seem to be the "system" that is the problem. The system upgrade was only to take a few weeks from what i was told on more than one occassion.  Can someone please help?

• 1. Re: Phone Issues
    SprintIronman Social Care

Shel-el,

Thanks for your post and I'm certainly sorry to se the issues you're coming across. The phone blackouts are indicative of a device issue and could have a trickle down effect on the services, especially when service is at 100% signal. Have you updated the PRL on the phone and powercycled it? Also, can you please provide me with your zip code and cross streets so I can check out the network? Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: Phone Issues
    Shel-el Newbie

i am in the 44139 zip code.  The nearest main cross streets are Som ctr rd and Solon rd. intersection.  I usually update my phone every other day and powercycled.  Again that is not helping.  This is the same thing that the service center had been saying in the beginning.

• 3. Re: Phone Issues

Shel-el,

Thanks for your reply. I pulled up the area and do not se anything in the area that would be indicative of the issues you're coming across as there are no outages or capacity upgrades ongoing currently. If you'd like, I can set up a ticket and appointment at your local service center so that they can see you've spoken with us regarding the issue as they will need to take a look at the phone. Please let me know if you would like me to set this up. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 4. Re: Phone Issues
    Shel-el Newbie

As stated in first discussion, ive already been down that road.  I even went to the sprint service center today because the phone will not transfer info when bumped with another galaxy sii.  Yet another problem that they didnt fix at the store today.  Here it is in a nut shell.  I am willing to continue with sprint as my service provider only if they agree to replace my phone with a new galaxy sIII right away.  All this back and forth discussion and to the store is truly a waste of my time.  I am missing calls daily and i am truly unhappy at this point.  I have given Sprint enough time to rectify the situation and thus far they havent.  I am at the end of my rope.

• 5. Re: Phone Issues
    AmaiT Social Care

Hello Shel-el,

I would like to help get this issues resolved for you. Please send me a private message with your phone number and account pin. thanks. *Paida

• 6. Re: Phone Issues
    Shel-el Newbie

I dont know how to send a private message

• 7. Re: Phone Issues
    AmaiT Social Care

No problem I will send one to you.Thanks*Paida

• 8. Re: Phone Issues
    LVS2ROCK1966 Regular Visitor

I have the Samsung Galaxy S2 and have nothing but issues since the ugrade/company buyout  ..what..last year? Every review I read for almost every single phone Sprint has to offer has the same issues. It is NOT the phones people. IT IS Sprint! I know people who have my same exact phone with other carriers and they have absolutley zero issues! Willing to pay to get outta here! Had it! Been a loyal customer for years and it is not the same Sprint of old.

• 9. Re: Phone Issues

LVS2ROCK1966,

Thanks for your post. I definitely want to help get these issues cleared up for you. Are you in the same area as mentioned above? Please let me know your zip code and cross streets so I can check things out and assist. Thanks for your patience!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

• 10. Re: Phone Issues

Dan, I am in 61761...visited Chicago as well yesterday and it was the same thing. My cross streets are vernon ave and veterans parkway.....Honestly Dan, my phone shuts down all the time...doesnt like to restart, text messages dont get sent, picture texts, well they may show up weeks later out of the blue, calls are dropped, wifi is in and out at best, if i needed the phone for an emergency I would be most likely out of luck. the battery drains constantly, and that is even on standby. I just find it utterly coincidental that we all have the same issues, even the iPhones are starting now. I have taken extremely good care of this phone and it was fine until the updates. I want my gingerbread OS back and I need my phone working and I refuse to pay for a new phone through Sprint.

• 11. Re: Phone Issues
    crush_13 Social Care

LVS2ROCK1966,

Thanks for the reply.  Since you are having issues in more than one area, this is most likely a device issue.  May I ask what kind of troubleshooting you've tried for the phone so far?  Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC

Sprint Social Care

• 12. Re: Phone Issues

I have been through all the troubleshooting on the Sprint website, combed the message boards....I have read that others with the same phone on the boards got a factory reset only to go back to square one...because the reset does not go back to Gingerbread. I do not see how so many members with the same issues; can all be having issues with the phones themselves. As I previously stated, these issues are exclusive to Sprint members. I stated previously that I know people with my phone along with the phones that are mentioned in the message boards that are on different carries do not have these issues. A factory reset does nothing to resolve these issues and the people on the boards that have gotten "replacement phones" are still having the same issues.

• 13. Re: Phone Issues
    leahwyatt Newbie

I agree, this is an on going issue with sprint, they keep telling us the same thing. i agree with you that it is not the phones as i have 5 phones on my acct and they are all doing the same things, dropping calls, not recieving tm, and doesn't show someone calls but you get a voicemail.  I can be sitting in my own home and have all bars or atleast 3 and still am missing calls and tm, some i have never recieved including the one from my sister when she had her baby.  Sprint needs to own up that this is there problem and start fixing it and not just telling everyone that is will be taken care of in a couple day's.

we have had our phones checked out they said they have checked towers in our area and they are not having issues, you call back and speak with someone else from sprint and they say they are having issues and it will be fixed by tomorrow, you need to tell everyone what is really going on, and stop having sprint employees telling cosutomers what ever they want.....we have multiple work tickets from sprint but that is about it, was told someone from sprint would be calling us, but that was over 3 months ago and still no call from sprint.. Maybe it's because they are so busy trying to come up with the next story to tell there customers,   ( frustrating atleast) maybe sprint can't get ahold of me because there service isn't working properly, maybe i didn't recieve there call either or maybe it was one of the many dropped calls i have been dealing with for over a yr, and more so in the past 3 to 4 weeks,,

we were also  told 2 months ago that they would be issueing credits to customers but haven't seen or heard anything more about that either....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points