13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 7:51 PM by RUPESH80 RSS

HTC EVO LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge

tonyD0808 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hey everybody,
So my HTC LTE turned off with plently of battery life left. I was actually plugging it in to my car charger and then it shut down. It will not turn back on, I have tried holding the power button down, along with the power button and Volume button. Nothing. It doesn't regonize working chargers plugged into it.. I was wondering if anybody knew 1. WHY this happened. and 2. a solution.
unfortanitly with my work schedule its impossible for me to make it to a store to have a tech take 3 days to fix..
Thanks for your help everyone!

• 1. Re: LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    _DePaul Social Care

tonyD0808,

Thanks for visiting Sprint's Community forum and posting your concern regarding your LTE service turning off. I sincerely apologize that this has happened. To start, I would like to check you are for LTE coverage, may you please advise your zip code and cross streets?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    tonyD0808 Newbie

Sorry I must not have been clear. My phone turned off, not the coverage. I cannot get it to turn back on.

• 3. Re: LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    _DePaul Social Care

tonyD0808,

Thanks for your reply. I sincerely apologize for the confusion. I'm understanding that your device won't power on at all. Oh My!  If your device is not recognizing when a working charging is connected, it may either be, the battery or the device. The best way to determine definitely what's wrong with the device, is by taking the device into a S&R Center. You may locate your nearest store by visiting www.sprint.com/storelocator. You may also narrow the issues if you have a peer with the same device, and test out your device using your peers battery. Whichever direction you decide to explore from the options presented, may you please  keep me posted on the outcome?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 4. Re: LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    smotrs Master

It's possible the car charger caused a surge. Can happen if it's not an OEM charger.

Plug it into the factory charger at your house. Let it charge for about 15min. Press and hold the Power Button for about 60+ seconds.

If it's what I think it is, the power circuitry was disconnected within the phone to protect itself. Doing the above is like a reset which reconnects the power circuitry.

• 5. Re: LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    tonyD0808 Newbie

Thanks!
    i tried that and still nothing, its so frustraiting because there is documents and pictures that are work related that only exist currently on that phone. I need to figure something out to at least power it up for a few minutes to pull them off. 

• 6. Re: LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    _DePaul Social Care

TonyD0808,

I totally understand this is very frustrating. The information you need to salvage from your device, is it saved on your Micro SD card? If so, you may simply retrieve the information off your SD card that way you may have your important work related pictures and documents, until you have your device serviced.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 7. Re: LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    smotrs Master

It's possible the phone was damaged as a result. How long have you held the power button, couple minutes just to see?

If the data is on the SD Card as DePaul mentioned, you can take the card out and put it in another device to extract the data. However, if the data is on the phone itself, there may be no way to recover it. Its possible that a Sprint Tech at a Sprint Repair Center may be able to get to it, but no gurantee.

• 8. Re: LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    tonyD0808 Newbie

I held it for about 2minutes. Sadly it is not on the SD card. I was in hopes that everything was automaticly transfering there but i guess not.
    Thanks for the help guys!

• 9. Re: HTC EVO LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    Lunday17 Newbie

This exact issue happened to me today on my evo 4g lte today. Had a good charge on the battery, plugged it in to the car charger and 10min later it was off. Won't turn back on and I have already called support and they want me to send the phone in. I have also tried both reset options listed on this forum, still nothing. I really can't go with out this phone for two weeks or more out on repair. This is my work phone. Did this issue get resolved, does anyone know?

• 10. Re: HTC EVO LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    ChiChi_777 Newbie

I had something similar to happen to me.  I tried charging it with the AC adapter for a few minutes and the light did not even come on.  So, I held down the power button and the camera button on the side at the same time and it powered up.

I hope this helps you.

• 11. Re: HTC EVO LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    geekyblonde Newbie

This happened to me today.  I had just finished a phone call, had plenty of battery, then the phone died.  I have tried holding down just the power button for 60 seconds and then it just starts vibrating at random intervals but won't boot.  I have also tried holding down the power and camera button for 60 seconds, that produces the same result.  Some times it vibrates, sometimes it does nothing.  I have tried connecting it to both the original charger, and a kindle charger, but it won't charge to green.  At first I was unable to get any indicator light at all - now it turns orange after about 30 seconds of just leaving it alone.  This is super frustrating, the phone is only 7 months old and I take good care of it.  Sprint - please find a fix for this issue that doesn't require sending my phone away for 2 weeks...that's just ridiculous.

• 12. Re: HTC EVO LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    geekyblonde Newbie

As an update to my previous post - I was finally able to get the charging indicator light to turn green, but the phone still would not turn on.  It would just vibrate at odd intervals as though it was trying to boot, but just couldn't finish the cycle.  Since my phone is my business lifeline, I went into the Sprint store from which I purchased my device just 7 months ago.  Incidentally, I take extraordinarily good care of my phone; It is always in its protective case - never been wet, and not dropped.  The repair technician confirmed that my phone was in good shape, nothing broken, no water damage, and he also could not get it to boot.  Interestingly, this was not listed as a "known issue", despite the fact that, clearly, there are dozens of posts, just in this forum, that indicate this is an ongoing problem for the HTC Evo LTE.

So, the final outcome was my phone was completely broken.  Despite the technician replacing the battery and trying numerous fixes - he could not get it to turn back on.  The only solution was to order a replacement phone.  So, HTC Evo LTE owners, be advised that this phone has some sort of serious issue that could cause your beloved communication device to suddenly become a paperweight, through no fault of your own, with no way of retrieving anything you may have stored on it.  The moral of the story is:

1.  Do not buy HTC phones - they are pretty much garbage (hence the reason they just laid off a massive chunk of their workforce).

2.  Always save everything to your SD card - that way you can access your data if your phone breaks.

3.  Always back up EVERYTHING to a separate device (preferably cloud storage) so you can be sure that you have a fix for your phone - even while traveling.

I was fortunate enough to encounter a repair technician (Russ) who was efficient, professional, and patient - despite the fact that the rest of his co-workers were goofing around like 13-year-old-kids after eating a whole bag of Halloween candy.  It was like barely-controlled chaos in there, despite the fact that there were other customers who needed help. 

• 13. Re: HTC EVO LTE turned off with battery life. Will not turn back on. Won't Recognize charge
    RUPESH80 Newbie

I'm also having the same issue, went to sprint store and since i dont have insurance they couldn't help and told me to contact HTC.

I sent my phone into HTC and they said it was the internal board that needs to be replaced at a cost of $280.. the phone was just over a year old and to have the main board damaged seemed ridiculous and the fact that they couldn't send a refurbished phone.

Given all these complaints on this phone model we should have been given free replacements. I'm losing confident in Sprint and HTC ability to provide quality service/product. I have the HTC One and so far it's been great but guess i'll see what happens after the year mark.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points