This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 2:58 PM by GettingFrustrated RSS

Outages

mcelraft Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Zip code: 24354

My mother is on Sprint, I am on Virgin Mobile, my cousin is on Boost Mobile. ALL PHONES have STOPPED as of 3 PM E.S.T. I have spoken to the people at virgin they said there is no outages which is pure bull because if there was no outages then the 50 people i spoke to would NOT have the same issue as we have. Can YOU tell me what is going on.

• 1. Re: Outages
    deftpwnz_james Regular Visitor

Maybe you're the first to have reported the problem but regardless, better to call to report that you're having a service outtage so that you can 1. Help them get the problem fixed faster 2. Have it noted to your account so you can get a service credit due to the outtage.

• 2. Re: Outages
    Valued Member

You must work for sprint....Cause we all know that wont do a darn thing...Contact the FCC.

• 3. Re: Outages
    JustDarryl Social Care

mceraft....That's not good the whole household is experiencing service difficulties.  What services are impacted, both voice and data?  I've taken a look at the zipcode 24354 in Marion and see there was a tower down in Chilhowie.  Have you tried to re-register onto the network by Powercycling device and Updating the Data Profile?  Provide cross streets in 24354, I'll be able to narrow down to your service towers.

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

• 4. Re: Outages
    GettingFrustrated Newbie

Darryl,

This seems to happen a lot more than is reported. Evidently, I've been without service since yesterday (April 8, 2013). I reset my phone just now and I'm recieving VM and text messages from YESTERDAY??? Does Sprint have no back-up plan if a tower goes down??? I'd think that a company that people and businesses rely on to perform daily functions would have SOME type of plan in place in case 1 tower were to go down. Maybe have an agreement in place to transfer to a competitor's tower until Sprint can get their's up and running again??? Or is that to simple??? It's really disheartening to know that a company like Sprint, who I've been with for 8+ years and 4 devices, can't do any better than this. Please don't misconstue this as a threat to cancel my service but really.....the more I stick with Sprint, the worse it gets. I just had to pay a "re-activation fee" ($39) because I upgraded one of my phones that was due for an upgrade. Explain THAT one.

• 5. Re: Outages
    JustDarryl Social Care

GettingFrustrated,

That's not good you're just now receiving messages from yesterday and had to reset your device.  Was Data services also affected during that time?  I'd like to know why this had occurred, can you provide cross streets and a zipcode so i can check the area.  When one of our towers goes down for service, we have roaming agreements in place to connect to other towers, such as our competitors if they are partnered with our agreements.  You'd want to make sure roaming is enabled on your device through it's settings and make sure you're on the most current PRL (Preferred Roaming List).  The Upgrade Fee is an industry standard, it's not just Sprint that incorporates a fee so do our competitors. 

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

• 6. Re: Outages
    GettingFrustrated Newbie

Darryl,

I can't answer the question about ALL data services because I've found that the uploading speeds are pretty much useless. I'd rasther use my Internet connection than have to wait 5 minutes for a page to load. I'm not trying to be confrontational at all but your answer about the re-activation fee being an industry standard doesn't sit too well with me. As I've stated, I've been with Sprint for 8+ years. Repeat.....EIGHT years!!! If I do the math, I see that I've paid Sprint close to $20,000 (or more) and all I get in return is an 'industry standard"??? I'd think Sprint would treat their better customers a little bit better than this.

All I did was upgrade a phone. The Sprint rep DE-activated the phone that I traded in. I don't understand why I have to have it RE-activated. It's not like I added a new line and I'm sure it didn't cost Sprint one dime to RE-activate a phone number that had been active for years.

To answer your other questions.......Zip is 24354. Cross streets would be Main and Church Streets in Marion.

Thanks for your reply but I'm still not feeling the "warm and fuzzy" that good customers deserve.

• 7. Re: Outages
    Gioman_9 Social Care

Hey GettingFrustrated, thanks for the continued posts.

There was an outage within your area that had been resolved yesterday. What kind of device are you using? We can troubleshoot in an effort to help.

Just to clarify, the fee you're referring to is an upgrade fee; there are a lot of resources and costs invested whenever a new device or service is activated for a client. Where we do appreciate customer loyalty very much, the money you've paid Sprint goes towards the cost of providing a service to you. The upgrade fee applies to all of our clients; new and long-standing. Upgrade fees are charged by all current postpaid carriers. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 8. Re: Outages
    GettingFrustrated Newbie

Giovanni,

My device is the Blackberry Style. I've had it for over a year so I'm pretty confident that I'm going to be told that it's out dated and no longer supported. Am I right?? If so....that will mean I will need to upgrade and in turn I will have to pay ANOTHER re-activation fee. Am I still on the right track here??? If so, THAT is where I have grief in regards to why customers like me are treated like any other Joe Shmoe.

Sprint used to have a "rewards" program that rewarded people who stuck with Sprint but it seems that loyalty means nothing but another fee anymore.

I understand that it costs money to keep your systems up and running but in the past few years, Sprint's services have fallen off, in my opinion, and the prices of anything and everything with Sprint just keep going up. I don't get it.....

Now you can understand why I'm getting frustrated.....

• 9. Re: Outages
    sharon_pomeroy Newbie

Service Disabled in New Orleans 70119

• 10. Re: Outages
    CYLY22 Newbie

Can someone check the 48462 zip code to see if anything is wrong? All phones in my family have not been connected to service and this just started today. There is/was a storm that is currently passing through the area.

• 11. Re: Outages
    Gioman_9 Social Care

I understand your standpoint, GettingFrustrated.

Sprint sometimes has to limit special accommodations. This is so we can keep our investments where they truly matter; such as our price plans including unlimited Any Mobile Anytime, unlimited texting, and TRULY unlimited data, and also our nationwide network enhancements. We are known to still provide special promotions to our longtime clients; we advise through various communications when available. Thank you.

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 12. Re: Outages
    Gioman_9 Social Care

Hey NewOrleansMusicMan, thanks for joining us; sorry to hear you've also had issues with your service

I checked your area and found that we've had some outages that were recently resolved. Are you still experiencing service issues? If so, please provide your cross streets and phone model. We'll take a closer look at your area and troubleshoot if needed. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 13. Re: Outages
    Gioman_9 Social Care

Hey CYLY22, you're also welcome as well.

I found an active tower outage around Janice Dr and Sinroll Rd, very close to Mothers Way. Are you close to this area? If you're not and are still having service issues, please provide your cross streets so we can take a closer look. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 14. Re: Outages
    ericmunoz1234 Newbie

YES more outtages in the boerne tx area, area code 78006. extreamly annoying..

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...