This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 33 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2013 6:19 PM by BangVegas RSS

HTC one Pre-order nightmare

URLONZ Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Turns out you really won’t be able to get your HTC ONE “before others get a glimpse on Friday April 19,” as they say on the web page. The supervisor I talked to about the back order was very upset with me and told me that even though it said plainly that I could get the phone before April 19 on the web site she said I could only get the phone on the day of release. Because Sprint does not have the phone at the warehouse she would not grantee I could even get it on Friday the 19th.

Also the person sold me the wrong otter box to go with the phone I don’t have.  To return it I have to drive 15 miles one way to a sprint store.  So don’t bother with the preorder.

Oh and my favorite line from here was that, “I’m sorry you feel that way,” when I said that selling me a phone on pre order that they didn’t have and could not meet the terms on their web site was false advertizing. 

See the attachment.

• 1. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    _DePaul Social Care

Hi URLONZ,

Thanks for your Community post. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this issue may have caused you. I am happy to assist you further. The site advise the our best will be done to get you a glimpse of the device before others on Friday April 19, and that is absolutely what will be done. In the event you've recently placed an order, until a tracking number is provided, we are unable to advise definitely what date the device will be delivered. As for the incorrect case that you were sold, if you would rather return said case instead of going to the store, we will send you a return kit so that said item may be returned via mail back to us.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    JWiddy12 Newbie

I pre-ordered last week and haven't received a shipment notification, so I chatted with someone from support.

Got told that shipments would go out on Friday. So basically those that pre-ordered get screwed because we have to wait until next week then to get our phone, whereas anyone who just goes to a sprint store could just pick one up on Friday. Very, very frustrating.

• 3. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    URLONZ Regular Visitor

I tried returning to the store. That has been a failure so far. I have to talk to the store manager it seems and she is only there for a few minutes in the morning I am told. I was also told that apparently I am not smart enough to look at the front of the box the case and see that it is for and HTC EVO. Further I am not smart enough to look at a picture of the back of the HTC One and see that the LED flash is on the left of the camera and then look at the case and see the hole for the flash is on the right.  It would be nice to have someone from the Sprint mother ship to confirm to their own customer service and the Sprint corporate store in Beckley WV that the HTC EVO 4GLTE OB DEFENDER does not fit the HTC One.

• 4. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    DGAGVGEG123 Regular Visitor

What makes matters worse is that ATT customers got shipment notices Monday and Tuesday and are scheduled to receive their phones today, plus they received a free HTC Media Link with preorder....Way to drop the ball Sprint!  We get the phone after the release date and pay full price with no bonus.

• 5. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    URLONZ Regular Visitor

I’m sure Sprint’s lawyer s are well able to defend against any suit we customers might bring. It might be worthwhile to make this misrepresentation famous in various parts of the internet starting April 20.

• 6. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    DianeLev Newbie

I also place a pre-order but was told that if I did not receive a tracking notice by 4/16 5pm to cancel the order because it was not likely I would receive it by 4/19.  I am now on a short list at my Sprint store to pick up the HTC One on Friday.  No use in throwing around the threat of a lawsuit - they clearly stated they would "do their best" to get the phone in your hands by 4/19 or earlier.

Frustrating that I am now working on getting my eligibility re-instated but I am confident it will be resolved.

• 7. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    captsnuggles Newbie

Exactly !

We hemmorage $$$ to pay full price, taxes, activation.

and wirefly,newegg, and others are selling it for <$130 some cases without tax.

H@ll i signed up as soon as the preorder webpage was online!

Even before HTC offered the free case...

before Tmobile offered their deal..

and ATT offered the free dock.

I've been paying for 4G since the original EVO was released...

wow 50K down and 500K up... whooopdeedooo. that will be $20 extra per month for two phones.

I HONESTLY would have canceled my sprint order and purchased thru another vendor saving hundreds of dollars ( i bought two phones ).

but it was too much grief to reinstate & reimburse.

If sprint cant deliver the phone via fedex on April 19th... this is a FAIL for them.

• 8. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    DGAGVGEG123 Regular Visitor

Wow so they told you to cancel your pre order and just pick up from the store? Thats insane, why offer a preorder if they can't deliver to their customers on time? Thats just crazy now you have to beg and plead for your upgrade back because THEY messed up.  Customer service at Sprint is INSANE!

• 9. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    URLONZ Regular Visitor

Finally I think I have the case problem solution. Theresa Cox, manager of the Beckley WV Spring Corporate store tells me they have the proper case for the HTC One and will do an exchange for me.

Now I  wonder if I will ever actually get the phone to go into the case.

• 10. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    NoraEj99 Newbie

I just posted a comment on Sprint's Facebook wall tagging HTC and HTC One asking the questions that you guys are asking...I'm curious too because I also pre ordered....I also posted a direct link to this forum

• 11. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    ilikejoaquin Newbie

I never post things on forums, but this time I just had to because I am VERY angry and had to share...I thought I was the only one frustrated with this whole PRE-ORDER business - THANK GOD I'm not alone.

I preordered my HTC one on April 5th like everyone else and I was told after I completed my transaction that I should receive the phone before April 19th. I got a package the week of April 8th and I thought it was the phone...it was in a big box...no...it was just my phone protector.

FIRST off SPRINT, why are you wasting a HUGE box for a screen protector?

SECOND, what am I going to protect if I don't have a phone to protect it with?

I JUST THINK THIS IS COMMON SENSE RIGHT?!?!?! Then I read the order included in the box it said the HTC ONE is on back order.

I understand that the HTC one is one of the phones highly requested, but this is inexcusable - SPRINT and HTC should have coordinated better, especially if you're going to create pre orders for people.

I've talked to serveral representatives from SPRINT, one that told me that the HTC one should ship out on the 16th, other representatives have told me to refer to myorder...

CAN THE REPRESENTATIVES ON SPRINT BE ON THE SAME PAGE? AND STOP TELLING US TO REFER TO MY ORDER! WE KNOW!!!!!!

REFER TO MYORDER? Are you mocking me?!?! Thank you Jon, but YES I have been on the website and it still states...

ORDER IN PROGRESS...And I just read that ATT has already given their customers tracking numbers!?!?! Well ****, maybe I'm with the wrong provider.

THIS IS UNEXCEPTABLE!!!!

Then today I see theres a pre-order for the samsung on sprints website!?!?!?

HOW ABOUT HANDLE ONE PRE-ORDER AT A TIME!!?!?! If you can't guarantee the phone before the actual release date, why even have pre-orders??!?!?! I might have as well just gotten the phone on Friday. THERES A SPRINT STORE 5 mins away from me.

THIS IS THE WORST PRE-ORDER I have everrrrrrrrrr experienced. And I asked a representative if I could get a discount if I dont get the phone before APRIL 19th...the rep said no....

ARE YOU KIDDING!?!?!

I'm done...I can't express how frustrated I am with this pre-order and with sprint. SPRINT talks a BIG game about CUSTOMER SATISFACTION and RAVES about being #1...BUT HERE is an actual situation and SPRINT HAS definitely dropped the ball and has not responded appropriately to the complaints.

DONT APOLOGIZE, DO SOMETHING - GET MY PHONE TO ME TODAY.

DONT GET MAD AT US, WE'RE YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!!

DONT DO A PRE-ORDER IF YOU CANT HONOR YOUR CUSTOMERS IF WE DONT GET IT BEFORE APRIL 19TH

COMMON SPRINT GET IT TOGETHER!!!

If I dont get a TRACKING NUMBER by tomorrow I will flip out.

• 12. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    URLONZ Regular Visitor

I was going to cancel my order, but I had very strong doubts that I would get my money back in a reasonable amount of time. I would be waiting longer than the time it would take to finally get the preorder.

So the bottom line question is when will we get our phones? The customer relations people either say they do not know or give an answer that contradicts the last customer relations rep.

Again when will we get our phones?

• 13. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    captsnuggles Newbie

Food for thought...

Rep told me the latest a cancelation could be processed was April 16th...

He also told me whenver the phones arive they can be returned at the sprint corporate store... if you decide to

pursue another provider.

The whole preorder thing reminds me of the computers being down for DAY 1 HTC EVO release...

They had the phones but couldnt sell them because the computers were haxord.

Then a week later i goto sams club to buy the two phones... I order and expect them within a week.

I get a call a day later they are in...

I goto the store and he apologizes and proceeds to tell me he cant sell me those EVO phones becuase they are for

walk in's not orders.... W/T/F... needless to say a civilized conversation and I left with both phones.

I truely hope sprint delivers the phones on or before april 19th.

and btw if charlie Ergin (sp) buys sprint... good luck with that, didnt like his polcies with Dish and wont like it with

sprint. so will be time to bail.

• 14. Re: HTC one Pre-order nightmare
    URLONZ Regular Visitor

I just got the email with tracking number for my HTC One and guess what UPS says about the tracking number, “UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.” I also called UPS and they told me if there had been a pickup of the phone package at the warehouse it would have been scanned and that would be in their records and in the on the tracking page.

The Sprint order tracking agent Angie informed me that it takes UPS 24 hours for UPS to update their records. That is not what UPS says. So considering Spring has not been accurate in their statements, I will take the word of UPS. 

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...