4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 2:00 AM by MarkWeidmann RSS

Galaxy S4 SD Card

MarkWeidmann Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I am being told by Sprint that on the S4 you will be able to move and backup apps to SD card. I have S3 and was told same thing when I pre ordered as well but wasnt able to do that. Does anyone know if this is true or false?

• 1. Re: Galaxy S4 SD Card
    Chris_ra Social Care

MarkWeidmann,

I have tried to find a definitive answer on this and didn't find a for sure answer yet. My initial findings are pointing to no but that's not for sure.

I have sent a request off to a support department that may be able to verify this for me and I'll make sure to update once I find out.

Thank you,

Chris

• 2. Re: Galaxy S4 SD Card
    rkkeller88 Regular Visitor

It will work the same as on the S3.  Only some things will move to the card but not like the older Android OS did with apps2sd and other apps.

It is an Android OS problem and all phone running the latest OS work the same.

• 3. Re: Galaxy S4 SD Card
    Chris_ra Social Care

rkkeller88

I can confirm this, thanks for posting this rkkeller88. The OS will be similar to that of the Note 2 in terms of core functionality and that includes the Move to SD card option. All of your media: Pictures, Music, Videos etc.. can still be defaulted to store on the SD card but the Apps may not all be movable.

Thank you,

Chris

• 4. Re: Galaxy S4 SD Card
    MarkWeidmann Newbie

Well Music I have no problem if I take from my laptop music,videos,pictures,and make folders ect... But like try to make a folder like through my files on phone says failed try to move anything there it gets failed sometimes and every time it does succeed the file is fine my complaint is that on camera it has option to have the picture placed on the sd card and it creates of a dim folder and inside the camera folder. Then I might have to take a like 2 - 5 pictures before it goes on there then I.m fine until I turn off phone then when I go to gallery every pic is blk and says cant load file and anything that was moved from phone like music and rest those files are doing same thing is anyone else have these problems.and even take them from card and tried placing on computer they were all corrupted and wont open so lost all pics I took from Moms Wedding. Its also pain to purchase anything then take from phone put on computer then on sd card like music, books, videos, even when buying from playstore.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points