1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2013 10:21 AM by Dronak RSS

No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?

Nerdiac Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Update 5/30/13: ATT has the exclusive rights to sell the 32GB S4, as well as the new color, Aurora Red. Samsung has chosen to slap its loyal fans and customers in the face, instead opting to give the already-rich ATT their business. Too bad too, Sprint really could have used the extra cash to build the non-existent LTE network. Sprint should have fought tooth and nail to be the exclusive carrier. Both parties are to blame here, and we are the casualties of this ridiculous war.

---

Update 5/6/13: ATT has announced that they're selling the 32GB version this Friday, May 10th, for $250. Yes, the same price Sprint is charging for the 9GB version. (For loyal Sprint customers, that's actually $50 LESS than the 9GB version, since long-time customers have to pay $50 more.)

---

Sprint still has not said anything at all regarding offering a 32GB version of the S4, but Vz has confirmed that they will not be selling it, nor the 64gb version. Sprint & TMo probably won't either, and only ATT has ever said anything about it in the first place.

So, the big question I have for Sprint is, can we trust you to sell the 32gb version? And if not, what's keeping us as American consumers with any of the big 4 cell phone service providers at all?? The main reason most of us joined a major network provider is because of the (alleged) customer value, endless features, and of course, the nice phones.

If companies are going to stop valuing their customers (Sprint charging us $50 more than new customers),

if companies are going to stop offering good features (most everyone got rid of unlimited data, Sprint doesn't offer SIM cards, etc, etc.),

and if companies are going to stop selling nice new phones (only malformed, bastardized versions of the hottest phone on Earth right now, the S4, with only a snapdragon 4-core & measly 16gb instead of the 8-core exynos and 64gb that the rest of the planet can buy),

the question is, why shouldn't we stop giving you our money and go to Boost, Virgin, Revol, Cricket, or even Tracfone, for that matter?

I'm not under contract right now, my 2 years are up and I was waiting for this phone for almost 2 years. Now I've been slapped in the face, along with the rest of the American consumers. If Sprint does not offer the S4 in 32gb at the same time or sooner than ATT does, I'm not waiting for the Note 3 like I was originally planning on doing. I will just take my business elsewhere. Sprint will probably not sell the Note 3 in 32gb either! Or if they do, they'll make us wait an extra month after everyone else has it. Slap me once, shame on you. Slap me twice, shame on me.

Source: GBM

• 1. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

Very interesting your point, but unless you will start your own cell company these are the choices you have.

As far as those other companies you mentioned, they are all child companies from those big 4 companies you complain about, and by the way, they have crappier phones then the big 4 have.

the SIM card I can understand, and I agree with you on that, but again you have to think what's best for you.

If you are not in contract, I suggest you to just purchase a 64Gb 8core S4 from Europe and use it here with AT&T or T-Mobile, oh... forgot to mention, you will need to pay full price for that (no matter if you are new or old costumer), and for 64Gb S4, hmmm, around $1000 - $1200, if you have some $ laying around, go for it. But since you were complaining why the new costumers get $50 more in discount, It makes me think you don't have that money just laying around. Also not to mention, that the European S4 might not be compatible here in US (not sure on this one).

As far as going to AT&T, good luck with that. U think sprint is expensive and bad CS?? lol Just try to call AT&T and ask for deals or help, on my past experience with them, they are the worst one.

Just My Opinion

• 2. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    cityw5 Expert

I am not going to buy a 16 gb S4, so I am hoping for at least the 32gb on Sprint.  How hard can it be to offer the 32 gb? I won't do well with only 9.61 gb of internal memory after bloatware takes up almost half of the 16 gb.

• 3. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    cityw5 Expert

Looks like the HTC One has 32 gb RAM, so if no 32 gb S4, can go to AT&T or switch to HTC One

• 4. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    Nerdiac Regular Visitor

Thank you for proving my point even more! I already know that Boost and Virgin are under Sprint; Boost even runs on the same exact network as Sprint, so you're actually helping me prove my point: why are we paying twice as much for the exact same BS?!?  And don't speculate about the size of my bank account young "DJ"; wise people never play guessing games with things such as that because they're bound to be embarrassed one day. Just a mature tip for you. You're also displaying unsound reading comprehension skills. I never "complained" about fifty dollars, I was using the fact that Sprint is charging it's loyal customers more than new customers to illustrate the first reason we choose major companies. It wouldn't matter if the amount were five cents or five hundred dollars, it's a matter of principle. Re-read it, and this time cut the condescension and irrational defense of a 35 million dollar company.

But, let's say you were right and I had no money to spend on phones. That would also help prove my point more because that would be a major reason consumers choose these large companies; because they offer cheap deals on nice phones. So if Sprint is going to charge $100 more than every other company for a subpar version of a popular phone, that cuts 2 reasons: no deal/value, and no nice phone.

You basically repeated my entire original post - consumers can easily go elsewhere. Thanks "DJ"!

• 5. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    Nerdiac Regular Visitor

Exactly. I planned on having this phone for years, but with only 9GB it won't even last 1 year. Google is forcing consumers to hack/root their phones, which the cell companies and cell manufacturers are not gonna like. They'd better fix this in the next Droid version or they might start to have problems finding phones to put their OS on a decade from now... nobody wants a Nexus, after all.

• 6. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    rkkeller88 Regular Visitor

This is what is great about having "choices".

If you are unhappy with something, do not purchase it and choose something else.

If you are unhappy with a service or company, do not use them and choose another.

They say actions speak louder than words so I guess you will be leaving the S4 forum

now that your not getting one and leaving Sprint too as your so unhappy with their

business practices.

Good Luck.

• 7. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

Nerdiac, I think you misunderstood my post. As rkkeller88 repeated, you have the choice to go and do what ever you feel like.

As far as the principle of why new costumers pay less, that is just economics, but you should know that since you much older then I am, and much more wealthy then I am LOL. Just keep in mind Wisdom and Ignorance are brother and sister.

You mentioned that you planned on having this phone for years, so I guess you must be on the designteam for Samsung, since no one knew about it until late last year -begining of this year.

Keep in mind,all that space used in the phone is programs that Samsung has installed, Sprint does not have any bloadware in it anymore, Sprint Zone is the only program installed, and that requiresa minimal storage space, no more Nascar or sprint tv and other stupid programs. I think you need to look closer to your phone, but wait a minute, you can't, since you don't even have the S4.

Bottom line, if you had your company, will you sell a low memory phone that sells millions, or a higher memory phone that sells thousands??? I think the answer is a no brainier.Look at the iphone sales.

Also I see no reason for the memory issue, if you have the option to expand your mem size.

cityw5, if you didn't know, the new HTC does not have an SD card slot anymore so you are stuck with the 32GB you get, and by the way it is still the same issue, you will get maybe 26Gb usable just like every other phone out there.

• 8. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    jgo304 Valued Member

Root it, there will be probably 10 solid roms out in the next month and the Galaxy's are simple to root.

That 9 gigs will quickly turn to about 13 gigs without the sprint BS.  Also you will be able to use a 32 or 64 gig class 10 card to moves apps and such.

I mean you could go with the HTC one with only has 32 gigs total which is exactly why I just bought the S4.

• 9. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    Eri86 Regular Visitor

I Just order a returned kit to return the phone it's not worth it 16 gb it's not enough, everybody says add an micro sd but its not the same if u have important stuff saved on your sd people can just take it of and put it on the computer and retrieve all your saved stuff, guess I'm going back to my iphone 5 and not use my upgrade maybe that way I can change to a carrier that I can actually use my lte .

• 10. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    rising777 Regular Visitor

I mostly agree with the POV of the OP, and have posted similarly on other threads.  For those who don't understand our concerns, read this, and stay informed:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/04/30/samsung-galaxy-s4-32gb/

That being said, it appears that on at least one front, Sprint (perhaps due to Samsung's prodding) has allowed the removal of the SIM card (for the GSM antenna) in the S4:

Galaxy S4 - World Phone

• 11. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    rising777 Regular Visitor

Another media report on the drawback to only offering the 16GB version of the S4:

MicroSD isn't a benefit on 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4, with less than 10GB for apps | ZDNet

Stay informed.

• 12. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    Joe01880 Valued Member

rising777 wrote:

That being said, it appears that on at least one front, Sprint (perhaps due to Samsung's prodding) has allowed the removal of the SIM card (for the GSM antenna) in the S4:

Galaxy S4 - World Phone

Feel free to pm me if you wish to respond as I do not want to hi-jack this thread.

Excuse my ignorance but what difference does it make if the sim card can be removed or not? I do not understand the significance of that part of your reply?

BTW, Hey SPRINT/SAMSUNG, this having 8.6 gigs available of an advertised 16gig phone is B/S and false advertisement fine print, user agreement, terms of service whatever, you know it, we know it and WE will remember it too. As for me, im in for another 2 years. That will mean I have been a Sprint customer for 12 years at the end of my new contract. Not only have I been purposely mislead I got charged more too. Its a great phone but a lie by omission is still a lie and we have been plain outright lied too. NOT COOL at all, but shame on me. I was wondering why NO CARRIER had a demo phone on display prior to release. NOW I KNOW!!!

• 13. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    Nerdiac Regular Visitor

jgo304 wrote:

Root it, there will be probably 10 solid roms out in the next month and the Galaxy's are simple to root.

That 9 gigs will quickly turn to about 13 gigs without the sprint BS.  Also you will be able to use a 32 or 64 gig class 10 card to moves apps and such.

I mean you could go with the HTC one with only has 32 gigs total which is exactly why I just bought the S4.

As I'm sure you've found out by now, you cannot move apps to the SD card. Also, why should consumers have to root their phones? Let's say you went to a restaurant and ordered a steak, but the waiter brings you a salad instead, saying "Well if you don't like it you can go to the kitchen and cook your own steak." -- would that be acceptable to you as well? What if you went to the post office to mail a handwritten greeting card to a loved one across town, but the postal clerk refused to mail it and told you "Just drive over there, it's only an hour away.". Yes, we can do these things, but we pay good money to not have to! If I pay $300 or more for an electronic device, it had better work properly and fully without any hacking interventions. I hope nothing ever goes wrong with your car, the insurance company might tell you "just go under the hood and fix it yourself" and then you'd get what I'm saying!

• 14. Re: No 32GB version of S4 EVER being sold - Can we trust you Sprint?
    Nerdiac Regular Visitor

rising777 wrote:

Another media report on the drawback to only offering the 16GB version of the S4:

MicroSD isn't a benefit on 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4, with less than 10GB for apps | ZDNet

Stay informed.

Thanks for the links! Too bad Sprint hasn't replied to my inquiry, but they'll have to answer soon. The masses won't wait for long.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...