5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2013 2:52 PM by MELANDRE727 RSS

reclaim: Wrong Battery error when charging

Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I sometimes get the "Wrong  Battery" error when I charge using the provided wall plug-in cable. It  takes a few tried to get the phone to accept the charger even after  pulling the battery out and then back in.

Is there a fix for this? Can you  hear me now Sprint???

• 1. Re: reclaim: Wrong Battery error when charging
    5wnu3TczieMV Newbie

take the battery out for 15min, then charge it. it works for me

that "green" charger is terrible. i have no problems charging my phone in the car via usb cable and adapter

• 2. Re: reclaim: Wrong Battery error when charging
    Paintedhorse Newbie

Although this post is old, I am replying for others who might have the same problem.  It is not the charger, it IS the battery.  Taking the battery out does not work, however, I scraped the contacts a little with my fingernail, and now it is charging,.  It even charges on a Motorola charger, so it is not charger.  My guess is that the battery is getting ready to die.

Hope this helps someone.

• 3. Re: reclaim: Wrong Battery error when charging
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

qqlnfvq3/5wnu3TczieMV/Paintedhorse

Try these steps

I would suggest you to remove the battery and plug the charger into the phone WHILE THE BATTERY WAS STILL OUT and then put the battery in with current already flowing, the phone should  start right up and start charging normally.

Let me know

Abe

• 4. Re: reclaim: Wrong Battery error when charging
    5wnu3TczieMV Newbie

This error happened when I just got my phone. It's been a while since I've seen that error. Thanks for the replies.

BTW., I put up a video on replacing the ribbon cable when it breaks in the Samsung Reclaim. My cable tore after 2 years so if you've had your phone as long as I have then check out the vid. http://youtu.be/d_WcOK4hCDE

• 5. Re: reclaim: Wrong Battery error when charging
    MELANDRE727 Newbie

This is what I have found with this issue: I have a samsung galaxy and it happened that it was working fine with my battery when recharging it was OK

But after a while the " battery not recognized displayconsult manual" error appeared when trying to charge. I had to use an extra portable charger.

One day my phone was without apparent cause able to recharge again directly on the phone unit itself. I was content my phone was back to normal with this battery error issue.

After weeks of that I dropped the phone to the floor while I was recharging it but I noticed the same error came back again. So I deducted that the fall had caused this issue to return again.

So, I intentinally dropped the phone to the floor again and ..yes! I got it the error was fixed again, but this time around I know exactly what had happened..

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...