1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2013 10:06 AM by tennis-freak RSS

Review Your New S4 Here

cityw5 Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Since a bunch of you have now received your brand new S4s, please post your reviews here for all to see. Let's hear about speed, memory space, user interface, overall quality and feel, battery life, accessories, camera quality, LTE connectivity and speed, call quality and sound, etc. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    cityw5 Expert

New Review of S4 V HTC One

Anybody with an S4 in hand agree or disagree?

http://asia.cnet.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-htc-one-hands-on-update-62221036.htm

• 2. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    chase122210 Newbie

Just returned my S4 for a NOTE II. Call me crazy but the battery life sucks!!

• 3. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    rkkeller88 Regular Visitor

Strange, all the reviews I have seen say battery life is super and my own findings are similar   I have had my S4 on since Friday about noon and still have not had to recharge after the initial full charge.

I guess if you watch videos or did things to keep the screen lit for long periods it would be worse but my first couple days have been transferring files over, tweaking the settings and readding apps.

• 4. Re: Review Your New S4 Here

I have an iPhone 5 too but the S4 is one nice phone.  I am not great with reviews but:

The S4 screen is very vivid and colorful, size is about perfect too for me for daily carrying.  I can't see needing anything bigger or you might as well get a tablet.

The camera is stunning and I am still amazed at the images.  Its up there with stand alone digital cameras, sure not the real expensive ones, and the detail is wowing.

I don't think the feel is cheap but it's not hard and dense like the One or iPhone is but you do have an sd card slot and removable battery so thats a winner to me.

• 5. Re: Review Your New S4 Here

If you looking for reviews and comparisons search YouTube.  I must have spend a couple hours there the past

weeks trying to help make up my mind about getting the S4.

I am not being bias, just honest and the majority, but not all of course, picked the S4 over just about anything else.  The plastic feel seems to be somes biggest negative but I like the featherweight feel over a hard dense phone.

• 6. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    Joe01880 Valued Member

I got mine yesterday from Best Buy $250, $200 after the pre-order by purchasing a $50 BB gift card scam. I pre odered mine last Wed. and picked up my S4 Saturday morning from 10am 4/27 to 2:30am 4/28 my battery was at 30%, it started at 50% so the battery usage at this point is impressive.

I have the white one, it is lightweight, thin and nice looking. The colors of the display are beautiful and this thing is very fast but doesnt seem any faster than my S3 did but maybe smoother.

I spent last evening restoring my apps and getting to know the S4 a little. Im still playing with it exploring its secrets and getting it the way i want it. I have the 16gb phone with a 32gb msd card.

Im going to a little league game today so i will gett a feel for its outside photgraphy and display performance in brignt sunlight but so far so good but not leaps and bounds over the S3, at least not yet. The S3 was a fantastic phone.

• 7. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    cityw5 Expert

Thanks everyone for the reviews so far. How is the audio, with earphones and with the built-in speaker?

• 8. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    jgo304 Valued Member

So far so good, I let it drain completely and am doing its first real charge.

Love the screen, the phone is fast, smooth and easy to hold.

I am looking forward to rooting it to get rid of the sprint bloatware which should make it even better.

I too have loaded a 32 gig class 10 card in the phone so I have 48GB's of storage.

Hopefully sprint will hold up their end and get all the LTE towers in Pittsburgh up by August.

• 9. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    LES76991 Regular Visitor

How do you know Pittsburgh is supposed to have towers by August?  I keep asking and am told they cant talk about when towers are going up.

• 10. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    Eri86 Regular Visitor

I got my s4 on friday, i can tell you its a great phone i would recommend it until the 32gb or 64 gb come out, im going to return mine and use my iphone 5 until they get those other two out the 16 gb its not worth it, because it almost half fool of sprint and samsung apps and you cant transfer apps 2 sd, so i would just recommend to wait for at least the 32gb.

• 11. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    fireguy_6364 Master

does it no longer have the ability to disable the built in apps or delete them anymore?

• 12. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    jgo304 Valued Member

Well, there is an Active Tower in Penn Hill/Monroeville, Dormont,  as well as an Active tower around Neville Island/79 into parts of robinson.

My co worker has Sprint LTE at his house in Penn Hills and I went to hit golf balls at the Robert Morris Dome on Neville Island yesterday and I had a strong 4G LTE Signal.  It speed tested at 8up/8down with a 80ms ping.  I also have pictures if you don't believe me.

The rep admitted to me Sunday that they were firing up a few towers a week.  I had heard rumors so I drove into 2 of the areas and 4G lit up and speeds were OK but the Pings were fantastic.  Pittsburgh is being lit up, albeit slowly it is definitely being lit up.  I'm hoping downtown is next cause I work in the north shore.

I gave up my Evo 3D and WiMax for the Galaxy S4 and had hoped LTE would be sooner than the "2014" they stated.  Yesterday proved to me it will be sooner.

• 13. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    fireguy_6364 Master

download the sensorly app from the play store..it will show you all the areas that other people running that app have picked up LTE..great app to use for this deployment...unless youre in an area that hasnt seen any NV or is even on a list for anytime soon...then the app is just a disappointment lol

• 14. Re: Review Your New S4 Here
    RINGRASS1 Newbie

I just got the phone last week. Here is my breakdown of the phone so far:

Camera - Love it! Colors and clarity are amazing. Low light is a problem though.

Apps - great apps.

Phone - great reception. Love the speaker and you can even hit the volume and it will boost a little bit.

Internet - fast! Love it....

Now I do have ONE complaint

Signal strength is bad. My old phone the EVO 4g never had a problem. With the SG4 I am lucky at times to have one bar.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...