8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2013 1:52 PM by rumandaz RSS

Verify Discount Eligibility

12345six789 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I've had a Sprint plan for over 10 years now, and this is how you treat a decade-old customer? That's like "carding" a regular at the bar. I've always received 10% off my bill. Not these 25% for Time Warner or 15% for Disney like I hear from everyone else. Where can I find your list of eligible discounts so I can find the best one that suits me? If you're going to check, so am I.

• 1. Re: Verify Discount Eligibility
    LisiKay Newbie

I feel the exact same way!!  Did you have any luck?  My email (so Sprint doesn't get to read everything) is lkaytaucher@aol.com.  Would love to hear what your outcome was....   Lisa

• 2. Re: Verify Discount Eligibility
    LoriAnn2153 Newbie

Any luck on this?

• 3. Re: Verify Discount Eligibility
    Capt.Random Social Care

12345six789,

Thanks for the post. The reason why this policy has been put in place is because of the abuse this program got from users that had no right to get a discount. Some users were not eligible to get a discount but were taking advantage. Sprint implemented this new process so that customers that were eligible and can verify the employment would get the discount. This may have impacted some of our non issue customers, but was a necessary evil to keep the cost of business down which then kept fees down for our customers.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 4. Re: Verify Discount Eligibility
    TickedOffLoyalSprint Newbie

Don't understand how after being with sprint for more than 10 years, I have to verify working for a company that I have been with for 15 years.  Why didn't you verify when I've bought a phone every year!  Why all of a sudden! When I call to ask what type of verification is needed, they can't even find my company for the discount. Only a code VHA.  What is that? They can't tell me and I don't know what it is.  How can I send you accurate proof of employment information when you can't even tell me what discount you've been giving me for 10 years! When I signed up for this discount, it was for local, state or federal government employees, of which I certainly qualify for.  Yet when I call with my employer name, I was told they aren't listed. What!? Asked them for contact information on where you are sending these verifications. Was told there is no phone number, email address or even a list of eligible companies participating in the discount. This makes no sense!

• 5. Re: Verify Discount Eligibility
    Capt.Random Social Care

TickedOffLoyalSprint,

Thanks for the post. We have a online verification site. www.sprint.com/verify , The reason we have these rules in place is because we needed to get a handle on all the false discounts that were being used. Some people that got the discount under false pretenses and people that no longer work for the company but were able to keep the discount. This way, we are able to keep the cost of rate plans down and offer the people discounts that deserve them.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 6. Re: Verify Discount Eligibility
    RGNC Newbie

The online verification site does not work properly. I tried numerous times to upload the proof, and every time I keep getting an error message stating that my file exceeds the maximum size limit of 4MB. I get this error even though the files is 62.1 KB. This whole thing is pretty sad indeed. I can understand Sprint wanting proof of eligibility for the discount, but it should not be this hard to prove that you qualify for the discount.

• 7. Re: Verify Discount Eligibility
    Capt.Random Social Care

RGNC,

Thanks for the post. I will look into this. There may be an outage. Let me contact the teams that would have this info and I would say give it a few close the page clear your cookies and cache then try again Let me know if it works. Ill update you when they let me know. I apologize for this and look forward to getting this resolved.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 8. Re: Verify Discount Eligibility
    rumandaz Newbie

The online verification site still doesn't work properly, and please explain to me how come the company I'm working on, is getting this discount, which means it is in the discount program, but every time i send my application they answered that the company, Master Construction of South Florida Inc., is not there. Could you verify this for me please ?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...