This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 3:59 PM by SprintThor RSS

No more retention or customer service????

tiff5574 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

My family and I have been sprint customers for 10 years now.....we have 7 lines including our Air Rave. Only two of our lines are left on contract so we can jump at any time.  I called yesterday to see if I could renew two more contracts with 2 iPhone4S's.  The person I spoke with who was not even in the US stated that I was not eligible for free iPhones because I am a current customer and I am not porting any numbers.  This is outrageous.  We have stuck by Sprint through good and bad and I get someone in another country telling me I am eligible for many other smart phones at no cost but not the iPhone 4S.  What happened to incentive for sticking with a company and continuing my service with them?  The rep was no help at all and told me thanks for being a Sprint customer but "I can not help you with this issue" and politely hung up.  Why would I want to continue to give my business to a company who treats loyal customers this way.  The iPhone 4S has already been upped by iPhone 5 and the 5S is on it's way out this summer?  I am so tired of this treatment.

• 1. Re: No more retention or customer service????
    Capt.Random Social Care

tiff5574,

Thank you for your post here and your tenure with Sprint. I am sorry you feel this way and feel there is nothing providing you with incentive. There is a promo going on now for new customers that are porting over their numbers will get $100 credit. Sprint has a few devices at no cost including the Iphone 4s 16 gb is $0 cost. Check out the other devices we have at low to no cost.  www.sprint.com/phones.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 2. Re: No more retention or customer service????
    SprintThor Social Care

tiff5574,

We would never want our customers to have such a poor experience and I apologize for such poor customer service.  I do understand in wanting to find the best deal possible and we do appreciate our long tenured customers such as you.  To clarify the iPhone 4S is the same price for all customers.  Sprint for many years on specific dates provided a port-in credit program for those looking to move additional lines to their accounts or start services for the first time with us.  We understand moving lines from one provider to another can be expensive and so we utilize this program to make the move easier but we have recently added additional restrictions to this program which we now only provide this program on specific devices.

To help you out in obtaining a new device at the lowest cost possible we do have the Buyback Program which can be viewed here https://secure.sprintbuyback.com/cns/ .  With this program you can obtain savings toward a new device or have applied to your bill.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points