This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2013 3:54 PM by Gioman_9 RSS

Poor coverage...Pardon our dust?

jgreenkc Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I signed a contract for 2 years on 5 phones.  Sprint has always been reliable by reputation I had no reason to think otherwise.  We've had sprint back in their "Pin Drop" days.  And then the "upgrade" came.  Now we cannot get a signal in our home, work, grocery store and my wife has several dropped calls just driving home from work.  Sprint tells us that things getting better.  But where and when?   Not here.  When I told them I couldn't get a signal in my own back yard they graciously gave us an Airrave.  This works great in our living room but drops the call when you leave and we have to reboot our phone to get it to connect when you get home (quickly grew to more hassle than it's worth)  Our batteries die on our GS3 in about 4 and a half hours because the phone is always looking for a signal.   Sprints solution was to turn off roaming and LTE.  Well, they charge me for LTE and then say don't use it and bill us (yes a block of monthly minutes I pay for) to roam in the middle of Kansas City! Turning off roaming means no coverage at work. I have 5 phones with sprint so cancellation fees will be a killer.  $250 per month for this level of service is ridiculous.    I think that sprint made a promise of coverage and services that they are not keeping.  It's only fair that they cancel the contract without penalties and allow us to do our business elsewhere.  My employer  (a major hospital and health care provider) just cancelled their contract with Sprint due to poor coverage. 

Bottom line and question for Sprint.  Will you allow your customers that are not getting the service promised to cancel their contracts without termination fees during the "upgrade"?

If not, then how about at least a "thanks for hanging in there" discount?

• 1. Re: Poor coverage...Pardon out dust?
    dissatisifiedcustome Newbie

I signed a two year contract with sprint about 22 months ago (4 phones). For the first six months or so i had decent service, but since then my cell phone has basically become a paper weight. Every single time I call CS its pardon our dust, which is the only thing I have heard for about 18 months. My area got wimax...sorry excuse me the lake next to my subdivision has wimax which makes absolutely no sense. Its okay T mobile will get my business at the end of the month

• 2. Re: Poor coverage...Pardon our dust?
    CENTEXSUX1 Newbie

My service from Sprint had declined dramatically every year for the past 3 years.  I paid for 4g WiMax for 2 years that never came to my Indianapolis Metro area.  Then the 4g LTE towers came and the dropped calls increased 10 fold. Sprint said it may be my "New Samsung Galaxy Nexus" phone which was still under warranty.  They wanted to "charge" me for a new (refurbished) phone.  Huh?  How does that make sense?  Swap my phone for a new one is all I asked.  I contacted Samsung and they said it is not their phone and it is the Sprint Network, which I believe since Samsung has the reputation and Sprint does not.  I asked Sprint to let me out of my contract without penalty since I was with them for over 10 years.  They said no, and charged me $260 for early termination.  It turns out, it is their network.  I know numerous people that are being let out their contract without penalty because the local branches know there are issues on the Sprint network.  I want my $260 back that they charged me.  Why let others out without penalty and not me.  It's not my fault that it's their network that cannot do what it was set up to do.  I do know there is talks of a class action suit against Sprint for poor service and cancellation fees.  I will keep the forum updated.

• 3. Re: Poor coverage...Pardon our dust?
    Gioman_9 Social Care

Hello jgreenkc, thank you very much for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear of your service issues.

We understand that local network upgrades can cause fluctuations in service. However, during this upgrade process, there should always be some positive level of consistency with coverage and usage. Our customers should notice a dramatic increase in quality of service once we're done; we're asking our customers affected by these upgrades to please continue being patient. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 4. Re: Poor coverage...Pardon out dust?
    Gioman_9 Social Care

Hey dissatisifiedcustome, thanks for joining us.

We certainly appreciate all of our clients and would be sorry to see you leave.

If you could please provide your location (cross streets and zip code), we'd be happy to check for coverage and service alert updates. We appreciate your cooperation very much!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points