8 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2013 11:44 AM by Capt.Random RSS

REALLY? a Samsung Reclaim is a smartphone?

KDiam Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Recently cancelled 2 of my lines and had an ETF for them one was a HTC Evo 4g so that etf was $100....fine.   But the other was a Samsung Reclaim, which was over 2 years old and I was still charged $100 etf.  When Inquired about it (first they tried to tell me all etfs were $100 or more  but then pointed out that i was looking at a Sprint web page that said otherwise)  Thats when they told me that the samsung reclaim was considered a smartphone.....WHAT?!?!  Anyway for Sprint to get their money.....tsk tsk

• 1. Re: REALLY? a Samsung Reclaim is a smartphone?
    fireguy_6364 Master

why exactly did you have to pay a etf on the Reclaim if it was more than 2 years old? wasnt your contract done? ditto with the EVO 4G...if it was the original one that thing is like 4ish years old..

• 2. Re: REALLY? a Samsung Reclaim is a smartphone?
    KDiam Regular Visitor

the Evo was the original evo but I had bought it cheap to start a new 2 year contract, and the Reclaim was an old phone that i used to replace the phone on a 2 year contract that was renewed at the same time the evo was...contracts were up in September.  Basically the Reclaim replaced the one used that opened the new 2 year contract....

• 3. Re: REALLY? a Samsung Reclaim is a smartphone?
    fireguy_6364 Master

ew...sorry to hear that

• 4. Re: REALLY? a Samsung Reclaim is a smartphone?
    Capt.Random Social Care

KDiam,

Thanks for the post. What did the web site say at the time? The Reclaim wasn't a smartphone? Last I checked the Reclaim wasnt. But if your device was still under contract you would be charged an ETF. Were you still under contract?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 5. Re: REALLY? a Samsung Reclaim is a smartphone?
    KDiam Regular Visitor

Capt.Random~

I was still under contract (had about 4-5 months left on that line) and understood that I would be charged an ETF, but thought it would be $50 since the Reclaim (or so I thought) would be considered a non advanced device.  I was told by one of the representatives on the phone (after she said she would check) when I inquired about the amount charged for the ETF, that the Reclaim was considered a smartphone. I even pointed out the fact that the Reclaim can't download apps or anything.  but was told that it was still considered an advanced device....which had me confused because i thought smartphones aka advanced devices, were phones that you could download/install apps to.  But who am I?  just someone that is contesting a charge, thats all....

• 6. Re: REALLY? a Samsung Reclaim is a smartphone?
    cocoabutter26 Regular Visitor

well, the Reclaim is not considered a smartphone but you stated earlier that the Reclaim was a replacement for the phone that had the 2 year contract on it. when you got the second line, you probably got it with a smartphone which made your ETF 350.00. when you activated the Reclaim on that line, it did not chage the ETF to that of a basic phone (200.00)  because when the line was added, it was attached to a smartphone. that is why your ETF was 100.00 rather than 50.00. and if you were required to pay any ETF it is because your contract on both lines had not expired yet. i hope this makes sense.

• 7. Re: REALLY? a Samsung Reclaim is a smartphone?
    KDiam Regular Visitor

yes that makes sense.  I knew I would have an ETF for both phones, just thought it went off of the phone that was last on the account.  THanks for your input!

• 8. Re: REALLY? a Samsung Reclaim is a smartphone?
    Capt.Random Social Care

KDiam,

Thanks for the post reply. Hopefully this is cleared up. If your not using the devices any longer you can lessen the charge by using our buy back program. www.sprint.com/buyback, you can get up to $300 for your devices that you can use towards your ETFs. Its just another option just in case.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...