1 2 3 4 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2013 5:29 PM by joelopez7 RSS

Galaxy S4 Data problems

jyamarone Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have been having problems with Data from the sprint network with the Galaxy s4.   The phone works fine with WiFi and Calls/text messages, but has a hard time with data over 3G and 4G... It will show full bars on both 3G and 4G but give me error messages that no network can be found....   Any ideas how to fix? or does the phone of some issues?

• 1. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    Capt.Random Social Care

jyamarone,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear about your data issues. I want to check your area for you to see if we have anything going on that would cause a data issue in your area. Can you supply me with a zip and cross st to where your having this issue.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 2. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    jyamarone Newbie

It has been a problem all over southern California.... and for the past week

• 3. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    hardangelfan Regular Visitor

I also get issues where it says i am now in "data roaming" territory, but i am only five miles away from home, and I have already checked the coverage map, its all 4G Zip code 91405

• 4. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    Capt.Random Social Care

hardangelfan,

Thanks for the post. I dont show any outages in the area. I do however see we are upgrading heavily in that zip. We have a bunch of towers already upgraded with a good amount still to come by the summer. This could be the reason as we need to fine tune the signal cascade. This can throw off the signal a bit. Have you tried to do power cycles and prl/profile updates? I can assist in getting you the directions to do so depending on your device.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 5. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    Capt.Random Social Care

jyamarone,

Thanks for the post. Sorry for the issues you are having . I can gladly look into this area of S.California are you able to provide me a zip and cross st so I can look a bit more into it for you.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 6. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    fireguy_6364 Master

jyamarone wrote:

I have been having problems with Data from the sprint network with the Galaxy s4.   The phone works fine with WiFi and Calls/text messages, but has a hard time with data over 3G and 4G... It will show full bars on both 3G and 4G but give me error messages that no network can be found....   Any ideas how to fix? or does the phone of some issues?

the bars only show voice reception...not data reception..so you can have barely one bar showing but have great data speeds...and of course in your case it works vise versa lol..

he will need a zip code and the cross streets to where you see this the MOST..saying southern california is like trying to find a specific needle in a huge pile of needles..narrow it down for him a bit

• 7. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    GINALABORDE Regular Visitor

I have nothing but problems with data and have requested and denied an airrave. I work in downtown new orleans and everyone in my building has no problems with verizon, and other services. When will Sprint listen to this major problem?? I also get messaging has stopped. The customer service and data service is awful.

• 8. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    Capt.Random Social Care

GINALABORDE,

Thanks for the post. Im sorry to hear your having such trouble at your work address. What was the reason they denied you the Airave? I know that we will only provide an Airave to the home address,so trying to get one for your work address wont work. I can look into what is going on with service in your work area. I see you work in New Orleans, but can you narrow this down with a zip and cross st.?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 9. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems

1901 perdido new orleans, la. I have to turn off 4 g for it to work at all.

perdido gravier

• 10. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    Capt.Random Social Care

GINALABORDE,

Thanks for the info. I am showing we have a tower out on Canal. This tower is 0.3 mi from your work address. I show we have both 3G and LTE in your area. I also show we are putting in the upgrades for 4 more towers in that area. These upgrades are expected to be done within the next 90 days. How often do you power cycle your device? When was the last time you did a data profile update?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

• 11. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems

Has the tower been out for 7 years? I've never been able to get 4 g in this area. I update profile and prl daily as well as power cycle my device.

• 12. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    fireguy_6364 Master

Phoenix is kind of up in the air right now..i have heard reports of people spotting Network Vision upgrades going in but no one has posted any pics or proof of it..on the other hand Las Vegas IS currently under deployment and its a good bet the problems you spotted there was a mix of towers in need of replacement AND actual towers that WERE being replaced and upgraded..not that this excuses anything..just a FYI

• 13. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    fireguy_6364 Master

mikepoling321 wrote:

Hello Sprint Community,

I

https://network.sprint.com/AZ/Phoenix/

Best Regards,

Mike Poling

480.751.1063 - Office
    480.751.1070 - Fax
    602.738.4226 - Mobile
    mikep@mylightwave.com
    www.myLIGHTWAVE.com

also dont go by their maps that you posted. that will only show you the bandade fixes they have deployed to try and help free up the towers a bit until they get the NV deployment under way..more often than not as soon as people notice their phones working better than the norm they start using it even MORE..which puts those bandade fixes right back to square one again..that map doesnt show any of the actual upgrades sprint is currently doing to the entire network

• 14. Re: Galaxy S4 Data problems
    mikepoling321 Regular Visitor

I have seen and heard that for some time now. Its been to long and I pay to much. I can go to Verizon and spend less with some of their new plans. I don't get unlimited data, but right now I almost get no data. Thanks for the reply.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...