This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2013 11:41 PM by MirandaK37 RSS

Sprint Airave

blakebaa Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hey guys, I was just wondering if Sprint still sent out free airaves to customers with bad signal and/or slow speeds?

• 1. Re: Sprint Airave
    StacieF40 Regular Visitor

Yes  they  still  do  but  that's after  they  do a  full  check  of  your  area  and  go  through  the  settings  with you. I  got  mine  for  free  and pay  nothing  for  it  as  long  as I  am  actually  using it.  call  them  and  talk to them  about  it  and  they  should  help  you. I  got  mine  in  just a  few  days  from UPS.  SO  FAR  IT  WORKS  GOOD.  Even  with  out j  still have dropped calls  and ppl I  call  or ppl  that  calls  me  still  can't hear  me  some of the time.  with out  the airave I  wouldn't  be  able to use my  phone  on  below 3g  network.

I  hope  this  helps  you.... Good  luck...

• 2. Re: Sprint Airave
    Metz1070 Newbie

I have the Airwave and it works good. But, I just received a letter from Sprint stating the Airwave will no longer be supported by Sprint or Samsung as of August 1, 2013. They said to not return it, just to recycle it. I won't be able to use my phone when that happens because I don't have a signal without it in my home.

• 3. Re: Sprint Airave
    Social Care

blakebaa,

Yes we will send out an airave after we fully evaluate your area as StacieF40 mentioned in her response. For more on our airave please visit www.sprint.com/airave  Are you experiencing poor signal issues? What device(s) are you utilizing with our service?

Aron B.

Sprint Social Care

• 4. Re: Sprint Airave
    Social Care

StaciaF40,

I appreciate the feedback and I'm glad to see that the airave is working out for you!

Aron B.

Sprint Social Care

• 5. Re: Sprint Airave
    Social Care

Metz1070,

The Airave 1.0 will no longer be supported by us August 1, 2013. We have the airave 2.5 that you will be able to use.

Aron B.

Sprint Social Care

• 6. Re: Sprint Airave
    Regular Visitor

Yes they do have the Airave but there are somethings you need to know about getting one.

1. You'll have to call over a dozen times to get it activated since no one at the call center knows how to activate it properly. They will just keep telling you it's your modem that's a problem and not their end. It took me over two weeks to get my Airave activated properly.

2. Airave did a software update over 6 weeks ago that crashed the system and as far as I have been told they have no idea how to fix the problem and that they don't care you can't call 911 from your home if you need to.

Dont believe everything that Sprint Costumer service will try and force feed you.

• 7. Re: Sprint Airave
    The_Proctors Newbie

Hi,

I wanted to confirm if this device would be a part of the buyback program.  I checked the website and found nothing but I just wanted to confirm.  Also, will those who have the Sprint AIRWAVE receive the 2.5 as a replacement complimentary to ensure no interruptions of service while home?

Thanks,

• 8. Re: Sprint Airave
    Levi4u Master

The Airave is not eligible for the buyback program except for recycling purposes, and yes, call the number(855-881-5361) on the letter you receive and they will send you the 2.5.

• 9. Re: Sprint Airave
    DBROWN4848 Regular Visitor

Strange in that my Airave failed and Sprint is sending me a replacement, confirmed that again just now.  Supposed to receive it around 3 July will see what happens,  When they work they are real good, hope the replacement fixes the problems.

• 10. Re: Sprint Airave
    ROBINMI01 Regular Visitor

I don't get voice or 4g in my new home, so I asked Sprint twice for an Airave and was told I would have to buy it.  My call to Sprint was dropped while I was talking to them.  I sent an email yesterday telling them to cancel my account.

• 11. Re: Sprint Airave
    DBROWN4848 Regular Visitor

Robin, you might want to try this # it for Airrave support, 866 556-7310, they have been helpful to me.  When the Airrave works, it works well.  I not positive about it's reliability over time though.  From what I'm reading on the various support forums they appear to develop problems with dropping calls and resetting after extended use.  That is problem I was having, reason I'm awaiting replacement unit now.  Will be interesting to see how long replacement works with out problems.

• 12. Re: Sprint Airave

Thanks. If I decide to contact Sprint again, I will try that number.

• 13. Re: Sprint Airave
    blakebaa Regular Visitor

I am using the Motorola Photon 4G, and I have signal issues/speed issues. I go from roaming to 1 bar of 3G and I get .1 down to .15 down. My area is valid for an airave.

• 14. Re: Sprint Airave

I have a Motorola Photon 4g too. My contract ends in about 6 weeks, and since Sprint wouldn't give me an airave even though I've been with Sprint since 1998 or 1999.  I think the telecom companies are more focused on getting new customers than on retaining old customers.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points