1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2014 3:37 PM by SprintCare RSS

Galaxy s4 32GB

Blikkem Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

AT&T released a 32gb version at a lower cost. Verizon pretty much admitted a 32gb version is in the works (after being forthright with an answer for their customers when asked about it). Sprint it's your turn and I'm sick of waiting and your lack of communication and respect for your customers. Here is my solution, when Verizon releases the 32gb S4 and Sprint has nothing on the way or still more then a month away, I'm jumping ship. I have no contract and it would be easy. Ever since Sprint announced Softbank would buy them out, everything has been going downhill for us customers.

• 1. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    Chris_ra Social Care

Blikkem

Thank you for posting your concern.

I hear you and absolutely understand the interest in the latest and greatest. I know our product team have a good pulse on what customers are asking for an I'm sure they understand the push for a 32Gb S4.

That being said I simply don't have any information regarding the device. For many reasons, new phone releases are not always announced right after the decision to carry it. I really don't know the plan but I do know we look at all opportunities to meet our customer needs.

I would suggest keeping an eye out on the S4 site for any news and updates. Alternately, I do want to mention that the phone has an SD card slot that can accept up to 64GB of expandable memory.

http://sprint.com/galaxys4

Thank you,

Chris

• 2. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    nslewand Regular Visitor

You do realize that it would probably cost another $100 for a 32GB version, and you can buy a 32GB Class 10 microsd card for $20. It would be stupid to buy a 32gb version of the s4. You are falling into the trap that Apple forces people into.

• 3. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    Blikkem Regular Visitor

Chris, why don't you tell me what the difference is between internal memory and microsd memory? Did you forget to mention that? The microsd card only stores movies, music, and photos. Apps, messages, etc. can only be stored on the internal storage. That's the spin and misdirection I hate. It's that type of shortsightedness that will be Sprint's downfall. What happens when I buy a 16GB version with impression the expansion slot can act the same as the internal memory and just end up being disappointed? These are the loyalty eroding steps Sprint will ride to nowhere. The 16GB version ends up to have about 9GB's of free space after the OS and preinstalled software. I foresee running out of 9GB's in a couple of months judging by previous use of other devices. I don't mind paying extra because I usually hang on to my phones as long as it performs well enough for me, that's another reason I want the higher internal memory to start with. I want to give my hard earned money to companies that won't feed me lines that insult my intelligence, your comment alone alienates me from Sprint and I feel foolish after all the years of defending Sprint to my friends stating I don't have a problem with you guys. Well, now I have a problem with you guys and it could have been prevented with a little honesty.

• 4. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    NinjaTakashi Newbie

First, you can have your Galaxy store camera pics and video on the SD card. Second, I have an S3 with a 32GB memory card and both my phone and SD card memory are full. I now have to delete movies off of my device to download new ones. I am a heavy media user, hints why I bought "media powerhouse" phone. It is a must in the new age of available media (i.e. movies, recorded videos, pictures) that can all be stored on one device instead of have to lug around 3 devices and a laptop. It is sad that people don't understand what all you can do with these new devices.

• 5. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    nslewand Regular Visitor

Blikkem wrote:

Chris, why don't you tell me what the difference is between internal memory and microsd memory? Did you forget to mention that? The microsd card only stores movies, music, and photos. Apps, messages, etc. can only be stored on the internal storage. That's the spin and misdirection I hate. It's that type of shortsightedness that will be Sprint's downfall. What happens when I buy a 16GB version with impression the expansion slot can act the same as the internal memory and just end up being disappointed? These are the loyalty eroding steps Sprint will ride to nowhere. The 16GB version ends up to have about 9GB's of free space after the OS and preinstalled software. I foresee running out of 9GB's in a couple of months judging by previous use of other devices. I don't mind paying extra because I usually hang on to my phones as long as it performs well enough for me, that's another reason I want the higher internal memory to start with. I want to give my hard earned money to companies that won't feed me lines that insult my intelligence, your comment alone alienates me from Sprint and I feel foolish after all the years of defending Sprint to my friends stating I don't have a problem with you guys. Well, now I have a problem with you guys and it could have been prevented with a little honesty.

You do realize you CAN put apps on a SD card right?? Do a little homework before complaining. Also, there is no way you would need more than 9GB's for just apps. Having an SD card for all of your media makes entirely more sense and saves hundreds of dollars.

• 6. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    Blikkem Regular Visitor

NSLEWAN. Really? There is no way I should need more the 9GB's for apps? Please don't project your style of phone use on to me. If you don't need more then 9GBs good for you, not everyone uses their phones the same way. Maybe if you did a little homework you'll find apps are becoming bigger to take advantage of more powerful phones now-a-days as well as higher capacity flash memory that's also getting cheaper and cheaper. History teaches us software changes with the hardware to add functionality and in turn they get bigger and hungrier. I don't need to do homework because I get it.

From CNET UK "Unlike the HTC One and iPhone 5, the Galaxy S4 does come with a microSD card slot, to expand the amount of storage at your disposal. What you might not know, however, is that Samsung doesn't let you install apps onto that card."

FromPCMAG "The problem? You can't move apps to the device's Micro SD card with the devices' stock firmwares, a manufacturer decision that's plagued devices like Samsung's Galaxy S3 and S4 phones, the Galaxy Note2, and the Galaxy Tab 2, to name a few."

From a post on Android Forum 5/25/13 "When I bought my Galaxy s4 with 16GB internal memory I felt comfortable to give away my S3 to a family member. I was convinced that when Samsung in their ads told me that 16GB internal memory was sufficient due to the external memory slot I could buy a 32 GB ext. and all would be fine. It isn't. It is impossible to move applications to the external card. I just got a message from the Samsung store where I bought the phone saying: It is impossible to move applications installed from Samsung to the external card."

Oh and I don't want to alter the OS on the phone.

Message was edited by: Blikkem

• 7. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    Tashxl Newbie

I feel that we are getting the run around and the lack of information is not helping my loyalty to Sprint. I have the Evo 4G when it first came out it was a fantastic device for the first year but over time my memory started to fill up. As other phones came out with larger storage capacity, I soon found the little amount of space I had on the hard drive was used up by application updates that I could not put on my 8GB microsd (Had to be on the internal drive). Slowly I have had to start deleting apps I like and use occasionally, to make room on my hard drive, for the ones I use every day now I am getting close to deleting those. I want at minimum a 32gb S4. That's not too much to ask after all EVERYONE I talk to is waiting to get the 32gb with other carriers when they arrive. I know the 8gb version is a powerhouse by itself but I agree with a previous post that everyone customizes their phones to there specific personality, lifestyle and genre. After all that is what Samsung is touting about the Galaxy S4; "it's a life companion."  I have been with Sprint for over 15 years and over the last year or more the service has gone down.  The quality of products have been too slow to show up in market or not at all which has been frustrating. I used to tell everyone to check out Sprint because I have never had a problem before now. I was a fan. Now I am finding that I am more of a customer and if someone asks I tell them good luck I have no opinion one way or the other. If you are not going to carry it let your customers who want the 32gb S4 know so they can go to other carriers. If you stay silent your customers who want the 32GB S4 will go to other carriers. If you are going to carry the 32gb S4 let your customers know and you will retain them. If you are trying to work out legalities and are considering the 32GB galaxy S4 say so you may retain a majority. To say nothing is a good way to loose a large amount of good customers. You are better off to create a fan that to have a customer. 

• 8. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    THEBISCUIT Newbie

In jelly bean, apps2sd is a hack, and does not work with a lot of apps.  Maybe you should do a little research before accusing others of not doing research.  An sd card is not the answer to everything memory related on this phone and I will not be upgrading to a new phone (or signing up for 2 more years) with a 9gb phone.

• 9. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    Blikkem Regular Visitor

Does anyone have experience running an app from the sd card (not necessarily from the S4 but any phone)? Is there a bottleneck that makes it run slower then the built in memory?

• 10. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    catennisnut Newbie

I called sprint & was passed to a customer service mngr who called me back to say they were getting the 32 gb version, but did not know when, due to Samsung shortages, Hope they did not lie as they would lose me forever.

• 11. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    JamesMReed Newbie

I am confused.  I stopped by my local Sprint store this week to buy a 32gb S4.  I was told that no problem but they didn't carry the 32gb in stock and it would be 4 or 5 days to have it shipped to the store.  The price quoted was $250 with a $50 rebate for the base phone plus $100 for the 32gb option.  They agreed to waive the $35 activation charge with my discount plan.  I didn't complete the transaction because they pressured me A LOT to upgrade to TEP for $11 per month.  I am still debating what to do.

If the rumored transfer to SD capability ever happens, I would be more than happy with the 16gb.  I am just now having memory capacity issues with my 500mb original Epic!

• 12. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    Blikkem Regular Visitor

James,

They lied to you. What will happen is they will take your money, get credit for signing a new customer, then stall you for as long as they can with excuses. Either there will suddenly be a stock issue when in actuality Sprint hasn't released the phone, or oops we thought u meant the S3? Either way theres nothing you can do under contract no matter how much u complain. I'd report that store to Sprint Corporate for the lies and pressure sales.

• 13. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    tobegone Newbie

A month later, I ask: When is Sprint coming out with, at least, the 32gb Samsung GS4?? I am a long time Sprint customer, but I'm telling you, the non-availability of the 32gb is an absolute deal breaker for me. My upgrade comes in July, and I am anticipating using it in August - if the GS4 32gb isn't available from Sprint, I will go elsewhere (to AT&T) to accommodate my device needs. Another lost customer, Sprint. Is it a wonder why you're constantly swimming upstream?

• 14. Re: Galaxy s4 32GB
    nslewand Regular Visitor

Just root your phone. It takes a whopping 30 seconds at most on the S4. Problem solved and $100's saved.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...