This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2013 4:55 PM by Topsy_crets RSS

Need assistance before separating accounts

RyanOsborne75 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hello. I have had a line for 10 or 15 years with Sprint, this was opened under a parents name but has never been managed by anyone else but myself. Recently my father needed to port his number to Sprint and since (despite being 2013 in a technologically advanced society) it's apparently impossible for a person to have two separate accounts his was added to "mine", i.e. the existing number. This is going to be too confusing for billing since there is also apparently no way to separate the lines for billing purposes. So I'm looking for assistance from a Sprint CS rep with two things:

1. I need to have someone determine from my info (SS#, etc) what if any deposit I'll need to pay in order to make this transfer. As I said, I've had this number continuously for the past 12+ years (and obviously this'll be Auto Pay for the sake of convenience anyway) so I certainly hope the account age will preclude the necessity for any deposit. I need to know this info ahead of time so I can have it done or be ready to do it immediately since it will be extremely difficult to both call in together and I dont want any delays.

2. Need to figure out the simplest way to accomplish change of ownership because it is impossible for us both to travel to a Sprint store. Obviously we can both now login to the merged account, can I be designated from within the web portal as authorized POC since I'm sure I'll just be filling out the forms for him anyway?

Again, just directing me to the liability transfer form is not a help, I'm looking for info from someone AT Corporate and will be happy to PM all account info so you can assist me with this oddity. Thank you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points