1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2014 7:08 PM by SprintCare RSS

HTC One SIM card error

E_ Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I've had my HTC One for about a month now.  Within the last week I've been getting a SIM card error message. It started as a once a day thing now its 2 to 3 times a day.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  I cant use the phone when this happens.

• 1. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    E_ Regular Visitor

Did the recent update and it's still giving me errors. Curious to know if anyone is having these problems or this is just an isolated case with me.

• 2. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    zippy_02 Newbie

I've been getting the same error. I've only had the phone about a week and I've seen the message the past couple of days. Today my internet connection was completely disabled. I went into "Settings" then "Network Mode". I changed Network to "Automatic" so I could pick up the 3G signal. After that I went to "System Updates" under settings and ran "HTC Software Update". The error message went away and I got my 4G service back... Hopefully this will fix the problem.

• 3. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    fireguy_6364 Master

i havent see anything like this so far..could just be one of those random here and there issues that we are all used to seeing from time to time

• 4. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    E_ Regular Visitor

I actually picked up a new HTC One yesterday from the store. They decided to give me a new one.  So far the SIM error hasn't happened on the phone. Unfortunately, I do have some new issues with this phone (death grip, raised glass causing a huge lip)

• 5. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    fireguy_6364 Master

i wonder if they even bothered to swap out the sim card to see if it was a sim card issue and not the phone itself.

• 6. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    TXTechAlum07 Newbie

I've had my One since release and I too have been having this issue. It seems to come and go at random. I don't recall anything specific happening to start the problem and I don't know what the phone does to "fix" the problem. I have read some other forums and this SIM card problem seems to be a some what common with HTC. Is it a SIM card problem? Is it a phone problem? Hopefully it will get addressed.

• 7. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    CLARUE42 Regular Visitor

Was having this same error and did a Google Search after checking here.  Restart and simulated battery pulls did nothing to address the issue.  The AndroidCentral forum advised simply using a pin to eject the SIM card (Upper left side of the phone, as your are holding it, on the side.) and reinsert it after a few moments.  I followed this instruction and the error resolved itself.  I do recall dropping my phone a few times over the weekend (Otterbox Defender case, so no damage) and would theorize that the SIM was somehow jostled and needed to be reseated.  Will repost if the error returns. 

• 8. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    Sinensis Newbie

I did the same as Clarue42. I inserted a pushpin into the SIM card eject hole and popped it out, then re-inserted. I've always had the problem with the intermittent sim card errors, but the error would always clear itself within a couple of seconds. The reason I ended up on this post was because my phone was not clearing the error, even with a restart.

It's all better now.

• 9. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    Faukil Newbie

Apparently it's a fairly common error. Use a pushpin or small paperclip to remove the SIM (top left hole above the SIM slot), put a couple layers of tape on top of the card and reinsert. I've had the same problem you reported, and this has seemed to fix the issue.

No SIM Card Error on HTC One

• 10. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    ShipWreck Expert

Yeah never seen that one before with the 3 I have but glad that seems like there a fix or get another card for the device or replacement.

• 11. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    mgrantcalder Newbie

I get the same error often when switching from the Sprint network to the Verizon roam network (It doesn't happen when my phone switches between a Sprint tower and the old Alltel towers which are now owned by Verizon).  When it does happen, I open the "Phone" app in Settings/Apps/All and "Force Restart".  Works every time and quicker than a restart.

• 12. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    Spatdaddy Newbie

Our HTC One for Sprint does not have a SIM card (and we are seeing the SIM card error.)  I thought Sprint did not use SIM cards.  Do we need to get a SIM card from Sprint to put into the phone?

• 13. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    fireguy_6364 Master

if you purchased it from a sprint store i would take it back to them and point this out. oddly enough though i dont think it would be working on the sprint network right now if it didnt have one. or maybe thats just for LTE..you double checked on the side of the phone for the sim card correct?

• 14. Re: HTC One SIM card error
    OroRo_MunRoE Social Care

Spatdaddy

Thanks for the post.

Most of our international devices have SIM card in the device. If your SIM is missing or defective, you can take it into a store for service an repair. If a new SIM is needed, the will replace in store if they have one available.

If not, then you would need to reach back out to us. This way we can go about getting you one.

Let me know.

Zena

Social Media Team

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...