This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2013 9:11 PM by illinois49 RSS

HOW MUCH TO BUY OUT MY CONTRACT WITH SPRINT?

PRETTIRIKKI84 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have been with Sprint for less than 5 mos. and have had the ABSOLUTE worst experience in cell phone service in the past 10 years of having a cell phone. I have no service, no 4G, my parents phones don't work, I am constantly being told they are building new towers that's why the coverage is low. I'm so sick of it!!!! The 20% discount I get with my company is so not worth this! I know the Jack Wagons are gonna make me pay too.

• 1. Re: HOW MUCH TO BUY OUT MY CONTRACT WITH SPRINT?
    CandiceD_24 Newbie

That is funny you said that. I have been fighting with them for 4 days now cause I get no service at all. and I only had my phone 4 days. They keep telling me it is because they are updating their towers!!! They told me that I can get a call booster for my home but have to pay $140 for it. Why in the **** should I pay them more to get their service that I am already paying for to work! The worst carriers I have ever had to deal with.

• 2. Re: HOW MUCH TO BUY OUT MY CONTRACT WITH SPRINT?
    tworkman64 Newbie

I agree, Sprint service is the worst I've ever had.  I had Alltel in Michigan until they sold out to verizon. Had a bad experience with verizon so decided on a new face in the area, Sprint.  Ever since then I've had the worst service ever.  Had to get a booster for the home too.  But I yelled enough that I get it free.  But I have 2 towers within miles of my house and still loss service.  My daughter's at college and I can never get a complete word on our calls.  I think Sprint should be made to allow disgruntled customers to get out of the contract within paying termination fees.  I mean, it's a contract and they aren't living up to it.  I'm thinking about verizon again since everyone now says it's the best service around, but more expensive.  But with the heartaches I have I'm willing to through a few more dollars out there to have complete service.  I guess it's true, "You get what you pay for".

• 3. Re: HOW MUCH TO BUY OUT MY CONTRACT WITH SPRINT?
    illinois49 Newbie

Sprint is the worst cellular service company in the U.S. Their network and customer service people are the worst in the nation. These people will lie to you about not getting charged the restocking fee within the 14 day grace period, and when you call them to cancel, they conveniently can't find the notation from their lying CSRs about the not getting charged the restocking fee. Of course, they will let you use the phone with their promise of 4G BEST signal for your area but you will only get 3G with lag.

How can Sprint refuse to accept returns/cancellation without paying them up front with a credit card? I have canceled 2 of the 3 lines I activated on the 4th. With all these headaches, I am cancelling the 3rd and last line tomorrow. How can Sprint post that my area has BEST 4G coverage is beyond me. The speedtest is always less than 2mpbs while ATT's is always between 49 to 51mpbs. And these CSRs dare say, "well we are not ATT". Dang right you are not ATT. Their network is better and their customer service is better.

Plus they will not let you return the phones unless you pay them with a credit card for the restocking fees. What kind of company refuses to accept product returns? Absolutely garbage company. I am reporting this sorry company to BBB and FCC. This is ridiculous!!!

• 4. Re: HOW MUCH TO BUY OUT MY CONTRACT WITH SPRINT?
    Social Care

PRETTIRIKKI84,

Thanks for posting with us! I'm sorry that you're dissatified with our service and we do appreciate the 5 months that you've been with us! Are you only experiencing these issues indoors or outdoors? What devices are you utilizing with our service? What are you zip codes and cross streets? I would like to evaluate a few things here. We are revamping our network across the world but that may not be what's causing the issues you're having. Once we can get to the root causes of these issues we can come up with a resolution so that you can be happy and satisfied with our service! I look forward to your response and I hope that your having a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Aron B.

Sprint Social Care

• 5. Re: HOW MUCH TO BUY OUT MY CONTRACT WITH SPRINT?
    ComeTalk2Me Social Care

PRETTIRIKKI84

So Sorry you feel that way . We are enhancing towers in several areas. I'm sorry for the experience you have had. If you don’t mind me asking where are you located? Your zip? I'd like to look into this for you. We'd hate to see you go. I hope that is not your final decision. We are here to help. We value and appreciate all of our customers new and, long time existing customers.

Thanks,

*Erica

Sprint Social Care

• 6. Re: HOW MUCH TO BUY OUT MY CONTRACT WITH SPRINT?
    Social Care

CandiceD_24,

We appreciate your feedback! I don't like the fact that you just started service with us and you are not happy with it. That means that we need to do everything that we can to change that for you. Are you only having these issues at home? Also, what device(s) are you utilizing with our service? What are your zip codes and cross streets? Thanks for giving us a chance to make this right. With out you and all of our customers we would not exist! So we appreciate you more than you know and we will get to the bottom of this!

Sincerely,

Aron B.

Sprint Social Care

• 7. Re: HOW MUCH TO BUY OUT MY CONTRACT WITH SPRINT?
    Fakaro Newbie

I'm in the same position. I switched to Sprint 6 weeks ago due to the discounts I get from work, and it's been a COMPLETE disaster. I have called 6 times in the past 3 weeks due to dropped calls, no service, no data, switching into 'roaming' when I'm in the middle of San Diego, and yet all I hear is "we're upgrading our towers", but I don't care. Customer service sent me an Airave box to improve the signal strength, and it drops calls still when I'm TEN FEET from their signal boosting box.

Today, while on the phone with customer service, AGAIN, a CS supervisor actually told me "We don't guarantee our service will work". Why should I pay for services I'm not receiving? How does a company sign a contract with me, where they are not required to provide services they're charging me for?  I have since filed a complaint with the FCC. Not only am I cancelling service with Sprint, but I'm going to make sure everyone I know NEVER uses this company. You couldn't pay me to continue with this ****.

• 8. Re: HOW MUCH TO BUY OUT MY CONTRACT WITH SPRINT?
    illinois49 Newbie

Fakaro,

Exactly what I am going to do. I will let every single one of my friends and family know what kind of game this company plays. It is ridiculous. They don't stand behind their customer service reps' promises. The supervisors will just say there are no notations in the account, so you are out of luck. I am so irritated right now. I have never had a problem with Tmobile or Verizon  in the past, in terms of exchanges or returns. I am definitely not having problems with ATT.  Their service and customer service is excellent.

Plus, I still can't believe this csr supervisor refuses to accept the phone return unless I give her my credit card information over the phone!!! What kind of **** is that?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points