9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 2:00 PM by SprintCare RSS

is anyone else having problems with their Samsung galaxy S4?

leondnile Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I upgraded my s3 to the s4 last month. And I'm starting to regret it. My first s4 " crashed" on me. And I kept getting error mssgs everything started working slow or not working at all. I would get to a WiFi area and switch off my data and use the Wi-Fi and it went slower. Text mssg would shut down. I kept getting the Google stopped unexpectedly mssg.  My phone had a mind of its own. I just got my replacement phone in the mail a few days ago.and it's still giving me grief. Slow internet. Programs shutting down. I don't get it! This is supposed to be one of the best phones or here! I'm about ready to quit Sprint just because I feel I'm paying to much to be going through all this hassle with my phone that had all the bells and whistles. This is the first phone plan I've been in.and I don't like my product at all! My phone is acting like it's crashing again and its only 3 days old!!!

• 1. Re: is anyone else having problems with their Samsung galaxy S4?
    RUGBYROO13 Newbie

I've had my S4 5 days now and have been having the exact same problems.  We bought two of them and only one appears to be good.  I went into the Sprint store two days ago and they told me it was because the towers were being upgraded.  I'm calling BS and taking this back!

• 2. Re: is anyone else having problems with their Samsung galaxy S4?
    Chris_ra Social Care

RUGBYROO13

leondnile

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about the trouble with the S4 - sometimes new devices can have a few bugs but we still want to be very focused on making sure the device is working properly (new or not). Often with new phones we want to make sure to log issues as soon as possible so if there is a situation that needs to be addressed we can get a software update pushed out ASAP.

That being said, have either of you had a chance to report this to a Service and Repair store? We want to make sure they get a hands-on looks at the device. Additionally, please feel free to Private Message me with further details and include your phone number and I can help as much as I can from my end.

Thank you,

Chris

• 3. Re: is anyone else having problems with their Samsung galaxy S4?
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

With what you guys explained, it seams a device issue, and not to protect Sprint, but being fair, this is not a Sprint issue. As far as WiFi, the phone is designed that way, to disable that just go under settings - WiFi and disable the Smart Mode. that should help with the WiFi issue.

Google service has stopped error, that is a Google account error that many people have been having lately, I posted a solution in here about that, to read it go here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/585938#585938

This is a temp. fix, since you will have the issue again after you update any programs (at least that is what I have noticed).

Also, make sure you don't have everything run at once, NFC, Smart stay, Air gesture, GPS, etc. they will use lots of resources  from the processor and slow your phone down. To fix that you can just slide down the top menu, and make sure all the things you don't use are not green. Press and hold the home button, and select the little circle icon, under RAM, select Clear RAM, also under Active Aplications clear all running apps, don't worry they will not stop the system app. Always try to restart you phone (shut down) at least every 2-3 days that way it will dump temp files you accumulate from you browsing on line.

I hope this little steps will help you with your issues, let us know if you need more help.

• 4. Re: is anyone else having problems with their Samsung galaxy S4?
    leondnile Newbie

I dont know how to private mssg on here.

• 5. Re: is anyone else having problems with their Samsung galaxy S4?
    fireguy_6364 Master

click on whomever you want to pm's either picture or screen name..once you go to their profile it should be on the right hand side of the page.

• 6. Re: is anyone else having problems with their Samsung galaxy S4?
    BoRockyZelda Newbie

I bought my phone on July 22nd and since this past Monday, I have been plagued with problems. Very few of my incoming calls are going through; since Monday, I may have received 5 calls with the remaining calls getting bounced right to voicemail. Furthermore, there is a massive delay with me getting texts and voicemails. I went to the Sprint store on Wednesday and went through the exercise of tech support only to be told that there doesn't seem to be a problem.

I'm infuriated because 1) this is a new phone, 2) between the phone, accessories, taxes, etc., I'm over $330 in the hole, 3) being inaccessible is simply unacceptable. I am a business owner and I'm still dealing with repairs from Sandy and it is imperative that people are able to contact me. At the rate I'm going, I'm better of getting a roll of quarters and dealing with a payphone.

• 7. Re: is anyone else having problems with their Samsung galaxy S4?
    Chelle329 Newbie

I am currently having the same issue.  Right now, I'm not able to receive or make phone calls.  And the funny thing I have a Sprint tower on top of my office building. I do believe it has something to do with the towers though because as soon as I leave work - it works.  I agree it can be an incovenience but Sprint should be making compensation for the incovenience and the lack of temporary service.

• 8. Re: is anyone else having problems with their Samsung galaxy S4?
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

this thread is 6-8 months old.

As far as your concern, maybe the tower that you see might have issues, or maybe it is not a sprint tower. Have you done a PRL and Profile updates? if you already did, try entering ##72786# in your dial pad and let the phone go through a network reset, I would suggest you do this in an area that you have a good connection and once you go back to work do an PRL and Profile update.

• 9. Re: is anyone else having problems with their Samsung galaxy S4?
    SprintCare Social Care

Chelle329,
    Since this is only happening at one specific location, let’s take a look at that tower. Has your device ever worked in this location before? What is a close cross street and zip code for the building. We want to get to the bottom of this for you.
    SarahG
    Social care

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points