13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2013 8:39 PM by Sage_Agape RSS

Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.

SMHreSprint Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

The Airave is connected to my Comcast cable modem, my NetGear N600 wireless router is connected to the Airave 2.5. My Wi-Fi is broadcasting and my devices can access the internet, i.e. smart phone, tablets, and laptops. However YouTube videos won't play on any of them. When I connect the router directly to the modem, bypassing the Airave, YouTube works fine on all devices. Technical support was not able to diagnose the problem.  Any suggestions anyone?

• 1. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    DHeil Newbie

I have Airave connected to modem. No router. Just Airave, modem & pc. I cannot stream YouTube videos on my pc. YouTube streams fine on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Other streaming video providers (other than YouTube) work fine. I have the latest flash player, browser, etc...etc...

• 2. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    NYClos Social Care

SMHreSprint,

Thanks for reporting this. I apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please try connecting the Airave to the router, rather than in between the router and modem? Please let me know if that works.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

• 3. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    DHeil Newbie

Do you have any suggestions for the same problem watching YouTube with just Airave and modem? I do not have a router I just have Airave and modem. Airave is connected to modem and pc is connected to Airave. Thanks.

• 4. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    SMHreSprint Newbie

Sorry for the late reply, I thought of bypassing the modem as well and it resolved the issue. I was hesitant because the Airave instructions specifically said NOT to connect directly to the Router, and when I suggested this to Technical Support the person said it would not work.  Perhaps the instructions can be revised with this step or included in troubleshooting guide, or at least provided to Technical Support Personnel. Thanks.

Now what about 4G for zip code 20186?

• 5. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    SMHreSprint Newbie

If you have another Ethernet port on the Modem connect the pc directly to the Modem, if not perhaps you could purchase some sort of adapter to provide extra ports? Sorry, I'm not the most technically astute. But I’m 99% sure the problem is with the Airave, like my issue. You'll need to find a way to bypass connecting your PC to it and go straight to the Modem, or router in my case. Good luck.

• 6. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    NYClos Social Care

DHeil,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please try the suggestion that SMHreSprint made. Remove the Airave as a middle component between the modem and pc and connect it to a separate modem port, if available. The end result should be both the Airave and pc connected directly to the modem but on separate ports. Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

• 7. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    NYClos Social Care

SMHreSprint,

Thanks for following up and letting us know it worked. I checked into 4G availability in 20186 and I don't have an exact date to give you at this time. We are working on 4G tower installations from the Gainesville area down towards your location. Keep tabs on work being completed for data speed upgrades by visiting www.Sprint.com/LTE. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

• 8. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    DHeil Newbie

Thank you SMHreSprint & Carlos. I am sure the suggestion would work but unfortunately my modem only has two ports, one for the DSL cable and one for the PC (ethernet).

I have the PC connected to lan1 on Airave and Airave is connected to the ethernet port on the modem. The DSL cable is plugged into the DSL port on the modem.

• 9. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    CHUNGDScomm Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue and after making several calls to Sprint's Airave Tech Support, someone FINALLY told me the Airave prevents the router from having its own ip address, therefore, YT, which requires this doesn't work.  From past discussions dated September 2012 - It's been a year and AM I TO SURMISE THAT THERE STILL ISN'T RESOLUTION???

• 10. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    GoPhotos1 Newbie

I tried this and Wow lets trade a BIG problem for a little one.

The BIG problem is now the AiRave is not slowing down any of the data from the PC's, TV's Tablets, Cameras, etc., etc., so when I get or try to send a call the sound is very choppy to the point I can not understand what is being said and the other party can not understand me.

So should I just accept the BS, blow off answer that arguably the most used site on the internet YouTube, will not work OR I can live with the big problem that I can not get and receive calls....Should I wait for this to be fixed...  but it looks like this has been a problem for over a year and still no solution, in fact is sounds like no one cares. HELLO can you hear me now, is anyone there.

• 11. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    GB2011 Regular Visitor

Thank you everyone who identified this as the problem ... I've been messing with every possible router and computer setting and figured out it's the Airrave. GoPhotos1 describes my choices well ... reasonable phone service with no YouTube, or crappy phone service with YouTube. Isn't technology wonderful?

• 12. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    Sage_Agape Newbie

I have the Airave 2.5 and ever since my Youtube doesn't work which I need in order to learn how to do some if not most of my calculus problems. This has become a real problem for me. Even my chemistry tutors want me to watch videos on YouTube but the Airave is preventing me from doing so. Please fix the problem. I tried to unplug the airave and connect the internet straight to my computer but then the Airave made it so that the internet won't work without the Airave! Thi makes me really mad! The Airave was suppose to help me with my problems not create more problems!

• 13. Re: Airave 2.5 prevents Youtube videos from playing.
    Sage_Agape Newbie

I do not have a separate modem port! there is only one port on my charter cable modem it is currently being occupied by the AirAve 2.5 and from the AirAave 2.5 it i connected into the computer. It would be nice if there was an extra port on the modem but there isn't so please fix this problem another way thanks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points