1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2013 9:23 AM by SmurfinTruck2011 RSS

Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1

mlynyc80 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know when Sprint S3 users will finally get the update to 4.2.1? I tried to use the old trick with the Google Services Framework to force the OTA update, but have had no luck.

• 1. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    StvnM Expert

What's in 4.2.1 that we don't already have in the latest version of code?!?

• 2. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    chskas Valued Member

The famous Sprint silent treatment! Why not respond with what they know?

• 3. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    fireguy_6364 Master

chskas wrote:

The famous Sprint silent treatment! Why not respond with what they know?

for the same reason they wont kick out any info on the LTE deployment. to many things can delay it and once again make them out to be liars.. for what its worth you will usually hear about any updates coming out to a specific phone through either XDA developers or some other 3rd party site before you hear it from sprint. if you look at most of the phones to date an update comes out roughly 4-6 months after the last update..more towards the 6+ though depending on what they run into and how many times it has to be sent back for fixes and whatnot

• 4. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    Frankula Expert

The current update is 4.1.2 and 4.2 has not been released. No carriers, even Apple ever reveal when an update is coming due to the problems of scheduling. I have an S3 and I there hasn't been anything on the updates that are anything to get excited about.

• 5. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    Frankula Expert

No one will ever say when an update is coming because all it will do is angry those who want the update. I go back to the HTC Hero days and Sprint said "spring" for an update. The board were filled with rants in March that "spring" is here, we should get the update, I hate Sprint, lets boycott, and the hate when on and on. Sprint finally tweeted an update the month which made it worse. So, I'm sure the policy from now on is say nothing, your much safer that way.

• 6. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    fireguy_6364 Master

Frankula wrote:

The current update is 4.1.2 and 4.2 has not been released. No carriers, even Apple ever reveal when an update is coming due to the problems of scheduling. I have an S3 and I there hasn't been anything on the updates that are anything to get excited about.

isnt that what i said? lol

only time ANY info will kick out is if someone like XDA gets a leaked update and posts about them messing with it or testing it...thats about it.

• 7. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    Frankula Expert

fireguy_6364 wrote:

Frankula wrote:

isnt that what i said? lol

only time ANY info will kick out is if someone like XDA gets a leaked update and posts about them messing with it or testing it...thats about it.

I'm like Samsung, I took a good idea ant patented it. Its mine now, you will have to pay me royalties if you mention anything about an update. You will be receiving a summons soon to cease and desist.

• 8. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    Frankula Expert

Asking about an update are like the kids in the back seat of the car on vacation.

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"When are we getting the update?"

QUIET!!!!

• 9. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    fireguy_6364 Master

you should patent something worthwhile and of use lol. easier way to transfer app data from one phone to another..etc...something that can be of major use for many with one goal in mind..to make things easier

• 10. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    Frankula Expert

fireguy_6364 wrote:

you should patent something worthwhile and of use lol. easier way to transfer app data from one phone to another..etc...something that can be of major use for many with one goal in mind..to make things easier

I'm going to invent a talking Android doll.When you pull the string it says...

"your update will come out tomorrow"....

"Yep, your adroid phone will have the latest update"...

"Better check your phone, you have an update ready for download".

• 11. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    fireguy_6364 Master

for what its worth it should have a live ninja action ability to randomly smack someone..if you use this i want its backhand ability named after me.

• 12. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    Frankula Expert

4.2.2 has been leaked and showing up all over youtube and websites. That would indicate its coming to the network something between July 5th and Jan 1st 2020.

• 13. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    fireguy_6364 Master

HAAAAAAAhahahahahah lol

• 14. Re: Galaxy S3 Update to Android 4.2.1
    Frankula Expert

Frankula wrote:

4.2.2 has been leaked and showing up all over youtube and websites. That would indicate its coming to the network something between July 5th and Jan 1st 2020.

I'm sure tomorrow I'll start to hear rants "Its only 7 years away and we have heard  NOTHING from Sprint".

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points