1 2 3 13 Previous Next 183 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2015 11:54 AM by HRISHI1 RSS

Not Receiving Phone Calls

WildBerry127 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 2 weeks ago. For some reason all of a sudden I am not able to receive phone calls. I can call out with no problem, but when someone is trying to call me the phone rings on their end and then goes to voice mail. However, my phone is not ringing and nothing indicating that I have a missed call, etc. I also think that I may not be receiving text messages as well. Everything else is fine. I can go online, download, play games, send/receive emails, etc. The only problem is not receiving phone calls. I contacted Sprint this morning but they couldn't get it to work either. Was told to take it to Sprint repair shop. I'm not going to be able to do that until Monday, but wanted to know if anyone else is having the exact same or similar problem and if so how was it resolved?

Thanks. 

• 1. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls
    Dj_Damjano Gold Expert

I guess they tried doing the normal updates like PRL and Profile.

Do you use an Airave? does your phone have issues no matter where you are or just on one location?

I'm not sure if this might be the case, but under your account here at Sprint.com make sure that your number is not blocked for Voice and data.

•     Go to www.sprint.com using a computer Web browser.
    •     Click Sign in, enter username and password, click Sign in again.
    •     Click My preferences.
    •     In All about me section, under Limmits and permoitions click on One touch settings

In there you can go through the list on the left (block voice, block txt) and see if there is a check mark in your number, that means that you or someone has activated that block in you.

• 2. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls

Hi Dj_Damjano. Thanks for your reply. You are exactly right because the rep did have me the updates, resets, and a lot of other stuff. I do use air gesture. I'm not sure about other locations but I'm assuming so being that I haven't been receiving any calls for a few days now. My job and my home are on different sides of town and it seems like it's not working in either areas. I spoke with a few Sprint customers earlier who said that they are experiencing the same or similar issues.

• 3. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls
    Dj_Damjano Gold Expert

did you check your settings at Sprint.com, I showed you the steps how to do that.

• 4. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls
    EAGARCIAJR8690 Newbie

I had the same exact problem.  I was not receiving texts or calls.  Everything else was working fine.  I called Sprint and spoke with a women and she basically had to re-activate my phone.  I did not lose any of my information, it was not a hard reset.  She just had me punch in some stuff on my phone and it went through the activation mode again, and my phone started working again.  I have an EVO 4G LTE.  You might want to call them back and see if they can walk you through the steps to re-activate your phone.  Hope this helps.

• 5. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls

Hi Dj_Damjano. Yes I did try what you mentioned with no luck. I just figured out that my phone works when I am at work, so apparently it's something wrong with it working when I'm at home. My job is on a different side of town about 20 mins from my house. When I got to work yesterday I called it and it rang. I also had a coworker call it from her phone and also rang. I also received a text message from another coworker. When I got home after work yesterday I tried it again from my home phone and again, no ringing! I'm not sure what that means as I've never had this happen before with other phones and service.

• 6. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls

Hi EAGARCIAJR8690. Thanks for your reply. When I had the rep on the phone she did have me do a soft reset, reactivated phone, updates, etc but nothing seemed to work so she told me that I would need to take it to a Sprint repair shop. I haven't been able to get to one as of yet but hope that I can within the next couple of days. I did find out something. When I am at work my phone rings and picks up text messges. I'm not sure what the deal is as to why I get coverage in one area but not the other. When I'm at home I get the same problem again...no ringing or text, but when I'm at work everything is just fine. I may have to contact Sprint reps again to let them know that and maybe they'll have me try something else.

• 7. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls
    JudgeGee Social Care

WildBerry127,

I believe that these steps may aid in helping to troubleshoot with the calls not being received issue.  These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.

A.   Verify airplane mode is turned off -Airplane mode is a feature that prevents your device from sending or receiving a wireless transmission.

B.   Verify your Samsung Galaxy S4 is connected to the Sprint network using Sprintzone.  Be sure your Samsung Galaxy S 4 is connected to the Sprint voice network to make or receive calls.

C.   Verify coverage is available at your location.  If your Samsung Galaxy S 4 has low signal strength, see if your location is within Sprint voice coverage www.sprint.com/network

D.   Perform a soft reset - A soft reset reconnects your Samsung Galaxy S 4 to the Sprint network.

• Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn your Samsung Galaxy S 4 off.

1. Access Sprint Zone

2. Tap Help.

3. Tap Dashboard.

4. Scroll to and tap Voice Network.

5. Your voice connection status displays.

6. Tap Update Profile.

7. After the profile update is complete, tap OK.

8. Tap Network PRL.

9. After the PRL update is complete, tap OK.

10. Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.

** Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.

*** Press and hold the Power key to turn your Samsung Galaxy S 4 back on.

**** Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.

E.       Are other Sprint user’s in your area experiencing the same issues?

Thank you and let us know if these steps help resolve your issue.  Thank you.

Thank you,

Michael C.

Sprint Social Care

• 8. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls

Hi.

Thank you for replying. When I had the rep on the phone she had me go through all of the steps that you mentioned but nothing worked. Not sure what happened but it started working all of a sudden about a week ago. I have to keep calling it from my house phone just to see if it rings because I can't be sure if it's working at that minute or not.

• 9. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls
    omega29a Newbie

I've been experiencing the same issue throughout the Austin area. It all started about a month ago after a profile/PRL update. After the first week, it suddenly started working again for about a week then the problem returned. I've been able to make calls and send txt without issue the whole time. I have been able to receive calls/txt intermittently over the past few weeks. However, as of this weekend I've only received calls/txt when connected to an Airave/Airvana. I've tried re-activation, profile/PRL updates, hard reset, factory reset... none of this has resolved the issue.

Originally, I was only having the problem with one of my three phones. Yesterday, all three phones started having the same problem.

I've called tech support about this at least three times. Each time I'm run through the same process of updates, reactivation, and the eventual factory reset and the address exchange game (despite indicating I am having this problem all over the city). Tech support insists that my phone is the problem. This made sense when it was just one phone having an issue, but now it's all three. It's highly unlikely that three different smart phones (all different makes/models, Androids and an iPhone) are having a hardware issue as tech support suggests. I've seen too many reports throughout this forum to believe that this isn't a network issue.

I've already missed countless critical appointment calls, calls from friends, family, and business partners. I'm virtually unreachable by phone and unable to coordinate anything with anybody by phone or txt unless I happen to not be using the Sprint service I pay for. I'm growing quite tired and resentful about this.

• 10. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls
    mrsespy Newbie

My husband and I have just bought galaxy s3 and s4 on yesteday and we are having the exact same problem you are. Both of us are having a delay for incoming calls in and around are home area, but when I am at work, and we tried test calls in different areas and it would work. At or around our home when we try to call one another we noticed it will ring on the callers in about 5 to 6 times before the receiving phone would begin to ring, vibrate, light up or indicate in anyway that a call was coming through. We have tried the updating of the prl and data profile and that did not work we will try the other suggestions that have been posted, and I will post the results. If this does not work we may try another device, or even cancel service. We depend on our phones for work, and cant afford to miss calls likes this.

• 11. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls
    JudgeGee Social Care

Wildberry127,

Thank you for the post. I'm glad that your phone is working better but I'm not too happy that you must continually call to make sure it is responding.  I would recommend that you bring the phone to a service and repair location to have one of the techs take a look at it: www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Micahel C.

• 12. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls
    JudgeGee Social Care

Omega29a,

Thanks for the post.  A service alert went in to affect resulting in intermittent service in Austin and San Marcos.  The zip codes 78721 & 78723 were affected by these service issues. This could be the reason that all three phones are not showing great service simultaneously.  Are you currently within that area? Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

• 13. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls
    JudgeGee Social Care

mrsespy,

Thank you for the reply.  Congratulations on the new phones!  Since you are having these issues in your home area and not in other areas I would like to check the tower serving your residence.  What are the closest set of cross streets and the zip code that you are situated in?  If you supply that information I can diagnose the state of the signals being delivered in the area immediately surrounding your home.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care

Michael C.

• 14. Re: Not Receiving Phone Calls
    omega29a Newbie

JudgeGee,

I assure you that my problem, and likely Wildberry's too, is a network-related issue.

My phone started working suddenly today and the other two phones I have started working yesterday.

One pattern I've noticed is related to LTE coverage. In my office, I typically have a poor LTE signal and mediocre 3G. The phone typically cycles in and out of 3G and LTE. At about the time my problems started, my phone was showing full bars for LTE and pretty much remained that way (when at the office) until today when my reception returned to normal. As soon as my reception returned to normal, I started receiving calls and texts again. I live/work in the Austin, TX area, so basically every place I go on an average day is covered by Sprint LTE.

1 2 3 13 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points