1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Previous Next 209 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2014 2:29 PM by SprintCare Go to original post RSS
  • 105. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    craftygirl Social Care
    Currently Being Moderated

Dear sps20101,

Thank you so much for the infomation! I have identified 2 towers in your coverage area that are not performing correctly. I have reported the issues to our technicians. Please hang in there now that we have identified the issues, the wheels have been set in motion for repairs to be done. In the mean time, remember to power cycle your phone and update your profile and prl on your phone. That will help the phone sync to the strongest signal in your area.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

• 106. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    kriss0612 Regular Visitor

Annmarie,     

I cannot connect to the internet on my iphone 5.  I just updated the profile and I still have no connection to the internet.  I'm showing 3 bars with 1x.  3g was showing before but now it only show 1x and no internet connection.  I live in zip code 51501 between 30th and 35th and broadway.  Is there any work that is started with upgrading the towers to NV and 4g lte in my area?

Thanks

kriss0612

• 107. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    craftygirl Social Care

kriss0612,

Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know. I have looked at your towers and have found an issue with data. This has been reported to our technicians for investigation. Have you power cycled your phone? Done any profile updates? If there are other towers in range this will help you phone sync with the strongest signal. We are working on this.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

• 108. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    H3VO Regular Visitor

All,

Just wanted to give an update for West Omaha and other areas that I have been documenting as I've been out and about.

The tower near 156th and Industrial has been faithfully broadcasting LTE. I seem to be able to catch signal until about 156th and Q, 168th between Q St and Pacific, Along Center between 144th and 168th. 3G in all surrounding areas is still very slow, averaging about .25 Mbps - the same as most parts of Omaha.

Bellevue seems to be heavily saturated with LTE. This must be new within the last month. It is live on Hwy 370 between about 60th street and Galvin. Along Hwy 75 LTE is present until about F St.

I've caught a whiff of LTE near 96th and Hwy 370 in Papillion - I think another user confirmed this too (behind the Super Target).

LTE is nowhere to be found anywhere along I-80, nor along I-480, at least as of this past weekend.

2013-07-22 14.13.59.png

2013-07-22 14.17.37.png

These maps show user-reported Sprint LTE. The areas I listed above (and their gaps) should be evident in them.

As an aside, I'd like to recommend those of you keeping track of this to use an app like Sensorly to help map out where the magic is and isn't happening. I try to turn it on whenever I travel to a new part of town and share the results. Also, I suggest tweeting speed test results at Spring along with your area. Hopefully it is 1. encouraging to fellow Omahans that upgrades are taking place and 2. a reminder to Sprint that we are very anxious to see improvement after nearly every other network has activated LTE networks in town for over a year.

Thanks again to the Sprint Care folks - especially Morris, for giving us as detailed information as he is able to hand out. I'll be back again to share my observations in a couple weeks. I hope LTE expands around my little oasis (and in your corners as well) in a vast desert of barren 3G.

• 109. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    H3VO Regular Visitor

I meant to mention also, as a very polite and well-intentioned suggestion to Annmarie (an any other Sprint reps), that it may not be necessary to remind us to refresh our profiles, PRLs, reboot our phones, etc. I suggest this because most of us have expressed already that these action have no effect and also we've established pretty unanimously that slow data speeds are a result of the network and not our own devices. Also, I'm starting to get a knee jerk, roll-my-eyes response when @sprintcare suggests this to me on twitter in response to my speed tests .

Just my two cents - but thank you also Annmarie for working to keep us up to date with Sprint's network improvements.

• 110. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    JIF103 Regular Visitor

Hi Morris and Social Care Team,

Is there any update on work being performed for towers near:

1.  183rd and Center (zip = 68130)

2.  132nd and Dodge (zip = 68154)

Also, as LTE towers go up, does the movement of users to the LTE network alleviate some of the 3G traffic and would that make it reasonable to expect that even 3G on "yet to be upgraded" towers should get a boost from lighter back end loads in general?

Thanks for your info and thoughts.

• 111. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    craftygirl Social Care

H3VO,

Great information! This really helps the people in your area. Thanks so much for sharing.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

• 112. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    Sprintcast Social Care

JIF103,

Thanks for reaching out to us. In both of the areas that you provided, it shows that we are a few months away for conducting both Network Vision and LTE upgrades to those towers. Most of the surrounding towers in both areas are also scheduled for Network Vision upgrades within that same time period, with a few that are scheduled to receive LTE upgrades within the next 90 days.

To answer your question regarding 3G data speeds; yes, as more customers start to utilize 4G LTE, it will easy traffic on the 3G data side and can increase speeds, but with the installation of our Network Vision towers, this will help to provide increased 3G data speeds with the 3G enhancements that are integrated on those towers.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 113. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    craftygirl Social Care

Jif103,

I checked the towers against the information you provided. In the 68130 zip I show one tower scheduled within the next 6 months for 4g. In the 68154 area there are 4 towers, within 3 miles of the location; one tower within the next 3 months, and the other 3 within the next 6 months. Of course you know these time frames are approximate.

Once LTE has been added to the towers it can lighten the capacity of the 3G network users. It is not unreasonable to make that assumption assuming that there are enough LTE users to make that kind of impact.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

• 114. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    sps20101 Bronze Expert

Morris,

Can you tell me if the towers in my area of 33026 (NW 129TH Ave and Taft St and Palm Ave), are back up and working?

• 115. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    craftygirl Social Care

sps20101,

Thanks for reaching out. I did find a data issue on the tower that covers your area. I have reported the problem to our technicians for resolution. The tower north of your location is scheduled to be back in service by 6:00 pm today CST, barring any unforseen complications.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

• 116. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    kriss0612 Regular Visitor

Annmarie or Morris L,

I posted a question on July 18th about not being able to connect to the internet on my iphone 5.  I had just updated the profile and I still have no connection to the internet.  I'm showing 3 bars with 1x.  3g was showing before but now it only show 1x and no internet connection.  I live in zip code 51501 between 30th and 35th and broadway.   Like H3VO said a few posts back "that it may not be necessary to remind us to refresh our profiles, PRLs, reboot our phones, etc. I suggest this because most of us have expressed already that these action have no effect and also we've established pretty unanimously that slow data speeds are a result of the network and not our own devices."  Is there any work being done for 4g lte and NV upgrades that's causing data problems?

Thanks

• 117. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    craftygirl Social Care

kriss0612,

Thank you for your post. Upgrades are scheduled to happen approximately in the next 6 months. I can see some data issues in the area, that we need to dig deeper into. Will you please private message me with your name/phone#/pin and exact address? 

Thanks,

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

• 118. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    sps20101 Bronze Expert

Any update on the tower for data? Today, I was within 1500 feet or so of the tower on NW 129th Ave and was getting the following speeds around 4:00pm.

Download - 124 kbps

Upload - 0 kbps

I have been getting the 0 kbps for upload for the last 3 to 4 weeks.

• 119. Re: Data Service Degraded in Omaha, NE?
    craftygirl Social Care

sps20101,

Thanks for your post and question. I just checked the ticket on that tower and I am showing an ETR of 7/25/2013 22:20:00 CST. Barring any complications service should be back to normal late tonight. Keep us posted.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

1 6 7 8 9 10 14 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points