1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 25, 2013 11:54 AM by fireguy_6364 RSS

How do I get my original Navigation App back?  Galaxy S3 Navigation app now starts Google Maps instead of original nav app

goodout Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I noticed last Friday, July 19th, that when I started the Navigation App that had been on my phone for 11 months it started the Google Maps app instead.  I asked my son to start the Nav app on his Galaxy S4 and his did the same thing.  The Google Maps app pales in comparison to the app that was originally loaded on the phone.

I called Sprint on Monday and the tech support person was able to get the original app back by setting just the Nav app back to the factory settings.  The original app worked well until yesterday afternoon.  I looked down at my phone and noticed it was automatically downloading something.  I swiped down and saw that it was updated Google Maps.  Sure enough - I tapped on the Nav app symbol and it opened up Google Maps -- not the original app.

I called Sprint right away and the tech said that she could reset the Nav app back to the factory settings but as soon as the phone got another update from Google Maps that it would do the same thing.  She said this change is coming from Google probably because Google no longer wants to support (pay) the original Nav app.  She also said that I could avoid having the automatic update by deleting my Gmail account from the phone but this would make it so I couldn't download any other apps in the future.

Is anyone else having this problem?  And does anyone know a way that I can prevent Google from eliminating the factory installed Nav app?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...