1 2 3 4 Previous Next 53 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2014 5:47 PM by pinksavage308 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Text Message History
    fuzzycat77 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

I just want to see the last month to three and I can prove it is my account why should I have to provide a notirized form requesting my own information. That is just stupid and sounds like they will most likely reqire a fee knowing sprint.

• 16. Re: Text Message History
    tattooedmermaid Newbie

I think that this is a feature that Sprint should allow. I have a friend who is taking an employer to court for sexual harassment and I have offered to be a witness with the hope of having a text log to show as evidence. The process is entirely too lengthy. I understand you guys have to stick by your company's upstanding Privacy policies, but in cases like these it would be nice to have the ease of access. Please consider this. I don't see too many people causing an uproar over it, but it would be nice if you took this into consideration.

• 17. Re: Text Message History
    desi351 Newbie

It's 2013 sprint needs to get with the program they tell us to write our problem well as I've seen this problem has arises since 2000 and they still have not made their customers happy in fixing it. There is no way that this is a security issue when we as the account holder can limit what others see on the statement. As out tele phone provider they should of been made this happen as to other phone companies like boost have this feature and its not a problem. Well I know that I will be switching my telephone provider as of July when our contract is up!

• 18. Re: Text Message History
    only1ruth.e Social Care

fuzzycat77

No fee to request your text log. If you are interested in retrieving your information for up to 90 days from time request is submitted, go to  http://sprint.com/textdetails to get started.

Ruth E
    Social Care Team

• 19. Re: Text Message History
    pmx13 Newbie

Until Sprint loses money by not providing it, they won't.  They provided it to their Nextel users.  Quite simply: If I get billed for it, I want to be able to see the details.  If I disputed my bill for 2000 text messages, I'm sure they could retrieve the info without needing a notarized document.

I already found a co-worker who is a notary & I have a postal drop-off at work.  Bother them, or better yet wait for your plan to run out (mine already has), call them and LEAVE if they won't provide the info to you.

"Vote with your feet."

• 20. Re: Text Message History
    quinnling Regular Visitor

viewing text messages is a privacy thing. say for example sprint COULD view your text messages or have access to view your text messages, then ANY person would be able to view your private conversations. any sprint employee could access your account when you call in and view your private conversations, so to avoid any legal issues with sprint employees and knowing that no one could view my private conversations but me and the person i have them with i would prefer this to happen. the ONLY reason why i would need access to past text messages would be because of any legal issues in which after following the steps on the consent and etc i would be able to get. HOWEVER i do understand some people dont like this process and wants access to stuff RIGHT NOW, being that sprint doesnt have the ability to view my private information instead i would say be PROACTIVE and there is an application in the android market called go sms +, that puts the ability to back up text messages in your hands, if you do the back ups it will create a file in the gmail account called sms and back them up, you can access those from any computer even if the text are deleted, a FANTASTIC app in my opinion, but it is your responsbility to do these back ups regularly to ensure all text are available, also this will require you to always remember you gmail user and password to always have access to the text when they get deleted. This is just an alternative to those who really need their text even after they are deleted. hopefully that will help anyone out a bit in the future

• 21. Re: Text Message History
    got2fly2 Regular Visitor

Thanks for mentioning the back-up app.

I  just  downloaded  a “backup and restore”  app,  that  supports  transfering  text messages  to  my  sim-card.

I do not want to post everything on Googles servers.

The one I downloaded will also allow me to restore to another device etc…

• 22. Re: Text Message History
    Tberard324 Newbie

do you know if there is an apple app for this?

• 23. Re: Text Message History
    DJFABIAN1110 Newbie

Ruth, does this include text messages between iphones, which use iMessage? thanks!

• 24. Re: Text Message History
    tpsullivan09 Newbie

There is a fee in getting a notary done. This is absolutely ridiculous that I have to jump through these hoops for a service I pay for.

• 25. Re: Text Message History
    robd001 Newbie

DEAR MANAGEMENT,

ALL I WANT IS TO SEE THE NUMBER ON MY BILL OF THE PEOPLE THAT *****TEXT****** ME, IF YOU CAN SEE THE NUMBERS OF THE PEOPLE THAT CALL YOU OR THE PEOPLE YOU CALL , WHY SHOULD IT NOT BE THE SAME FOR TEXT MESSAGES. I UNDERSTAND THAT WE CANT READ THE CONTENT ON TEXT MESSAGES. ALL I WANT IS THE NUMBER THAT IS TEXTING MY DAUGHTER AND WHO SHE IS TEXTING, SO AS A PARENT I CAN MONITOR HER TEXTING AND MAKING SURE SHE IS NOT TEXTING ANY CREEPY OLD MEN THAT ARE TRYING TO TRICK LITTLE GIRLS. AND GUESS WHAT YOU ARE MAKING IT VERY HARD FOR ME TO KEEP ANY DANGER AWAY FROM MY CHILD. AS FAR AS ME HAVING TO WAIT FOR A PAPER, GO GET NOTARIZED THEN BE ABLE TO SEE THE NUMBER ??? THAT'S RIDICULOUS AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. WHEN MY CONTRACT IS UP, YOU WILL KNOW WHY I WILL NOT RENEW !!!!!! FYI, VERIZON WILL GIVE YOU ALL INFORMATION INCLUDING TEXT NUMBERS CONTAINING YOUR CELL PHONE ACCOUNT THAT YOU PAY FOR EVERY MONTH.

UNHAPPY CUSTOMER,

ALLEN'S

• 26. Re: Text Message History
    JTH_BigPopa Social Care

robd001:

If your daughter is on your account it is possible to get the information you are seeking.  Please click on the following link for information on how to start this process:  http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Get_your_text_message_usage_details/a9035f32-ee60-43ec-8895-d9c84712488d?ECID=vanity:textdetails

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team

• 27. Re: Text Message History
    Foggy2day Newbie

If I request my son's text message history and he is on my account, will he receive a notification from Sprint that his history has been requested by the account holder?  I see on the instructions for ordering text history, that Sprint first has to verify the account holder.  How do they do this?

• 28. Re: Text Message History
    MeganEG Newbie

Where/How do I even get the form to request my text messages?

• 29. Re: Text Message History
    MeganEG Newbie

Thank you, I could have sworn before I was able to download the request form online but I can't seem to find it now.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points