1 2 3 4 5 6 16 Previous Next 230 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2014 11:18 AM by SprintCare Go to original post RSS
  • 45. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    justme502 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

Hello Sprint, Its really great that you give feed back to some of the questions that your customers are asking.  THNKS but, I have had sprint for 6 years and I love the EVO and now have the GS3 now trying to decide if I want to continue my sprint acct or switch over to AT&T because of 4G.   I've waited patiently and continue to wait for all of the upgrades and your answers ranging for weeks to months.   BUT, my signal on 3G is really getting bad.  I use to get five bars and only getting 2 or 3 if that.... Whats going on?? I have called customer service and they say they are fixing the signals.... I live at Southern Pkwy and Whitney Avenue 40214, please look into this if your able to and PLEASE let me know of any updates in my area.Screenshot_2013-07-25-20-45-19.png

• 46. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    Sprintcast Social Care

justme502,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We appreciate you being with us for 6 years, and would hate to see you leave due to these issues. I reviewed your area and found that we currently have tower replacements that are scheduled to start in your area within the next 90 days. The tower near SOUTH 5TH STREET that provides coverage to you will be amongst them. We will be installing our Network Vision towers there that will provide improvements for voice coverage, 3G data enhancements and 4G LTE. While work is being conducted you will however; experience issues with your service at times because as a tower is taken offline other towers will acquire is traffic until work is completed, but once work is completed you should notice improvements with your services overall. I will also notify our Network team of the issues you're having with data as well. Thank you for your patience.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 47. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    Necrosaro316 Regular Visitor

Looking at the coverage map, you all are building out towards the middle of nowhere towards Shelbyville.  Why not build in the city first instead of where they have a population of 6?  Im in 40245.

• 48. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    Sprintcast Social Care

Necrosaro316,

Thanks for getting back to us. We hear customers say that often, but that's not the case; we do conduct work in the cities as well. The reason you will see a small town show up as completed fast, is because we a typically able to complete work in those area because they have less towers, and sometimes easier access to our cell site locations. In more densely populated area, things tend to be more complicated. Our towers are typically located on top of buildings there, so with that; more things come into play such as gaining permit and only being able to conduct work during certain hours, gaining access from building management or landlords, hauling new fiber cable from the streets to the top of these structure, and the number one issue, city tend to have hundreds of towers within them that this all needs to be done to. So it’s not that we’re not conducting work there, it just more work that is involved that can prolong launches for cities.

For the area that you provided, I found that we have upgrades that are scheduled to start within the next 90 days on a few towers, and other within the coming months for voice, 3G enhancements and 4G LTE.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care  

• 49. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    Necrosaro316 Regular Visitor

Not sure how you can say that is not the case.  I have been watching on Sensorly, and it is the case that the east end of town appears to be getting the towers last, and that work towards the middle of nowhere is going on.  Im tired of being on roaming everytime I enter my house.

• 50. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    DAMONDOGG Newbie

WHen can I get LTE in Jeffersonville IN area?

• 51. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    Social Care

Hi DAMONDOGG

Thanks for posting. We want to get LTE into the hands of all of our customers as soon as possible. I took a look at the Jeffersonville area. While we don't yet have a time for 4G to be available in your city, we are announcing new markets constantly. You can always visit Recent News & Articles | Sprint Newsroom to keep with the latest news regarding the build out of our all new network.

Regards     

Chris W    

Sprint Social Care Team

• 52. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    Social Care

Hey DAMONDOGG

Great News! I did some further looking at the area. We have some towers in the area where the build out is set to start in the coming weeks. A great thing about this is once a cell site is complete, it is activated for use. So you will start to see 4G. Then you will start to see more 4G. Then you will start to see even more 4G. I'm excited just thinking about it. Let me know if you have any questions about your account or coverage. We're always here to help you.

Regards

Chris W    

Sprint Social Care Team

• 53. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    biracialme Regular Visitor

DAMON I'm sorry to inform you that Jeff will never get it because Sprint cant give anybody a time frame. Just pay a little more or use a discount and do yourself a favor and go to Verizon. Sprint doesn't even allow me to vent considering they know their service sucks. Best of luck. Ive been waiting since the OG EVO in 2011 when 4g was supposedly premiering. Well while everyone else has had a stable 4g, sprint will deploy it some time the next millennium when 20G arrives for everyone else by 2015..

• 54. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    Icee1 Expert

Not so fast biracialme. Back in 2011, Sprint was deploying WiMax 4G, not 4G LTE. 4G LTE deployment really didn't pick up until the beginning to mid 2012. This is why it has seemed like so long. Sprint was working on WiMax when they decided that in order to compete with other carriers, they were going to have to offer LTE. They stopped deployment of WiMax and started working on LTE deployment. What this means? Basically starting over from the ground up. Sprint will have to go back to every area they performed WiMax at and reupgrade that to 4G LTE/Network Vision. Unlike every other carrier, Sprint is upgrading almost every single tower on their network. What does that mean? It means once Sprint is complete with Network Vision and 4G LTE deployment, you will have 4G basically anywhere Sprint currently has 3G coverage. This is why deployment is taking longer than Verizon or ATT. Verizon and ATT are not upgrading every tower in their network. If you decide to switch over to Verizon, you will lose 4G as soon as you get out of a Metropolitan area. Even worse, if you switch over to ATT you will quickly drop from 4G LTE, to 4G HSPA+, to 3G, and then to dreadful EDGE in a matter of minutes of leaving a Metropolitan area. Once Sprint is complete with Network Vision, they will have the most technologically advanced network in the United States out of all carriers, even Verizon. Yes, Sprint's old legacy network is garbage, but Sprint's new Network Vision network is gold. Like they say, good things come to those that wait.

• 55. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    Icee1 Expert

I am also in 40245 right by Lake Forest. Ever since Sprint got on the tower by Walmart and Target I have had great service at home.

Speedtest.net - My Results

This was right down the Gene Snyder just pass the Taylorsville RD exit. A small taste of what is to come!

• 56. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    WendyReynolds23 Newbie

Screenshot_2013-08-03-21-14-15.png

Just got a Galaxy S3 from Amazon and went driving around the Dixie Hwy, New Cut Rd., and Preston area trying to find 4G. All 3G data was eHRPD, never found a EvDO Rev A. So that's good! I was able to get 4G data in a lot of places I didn't think I would. Places where I would get bad 3G have really improved and added 4G! Very fast 4G, too! Speedtest picture was taken when in the New Cut Rd. area! I am really impressed with Sprint!

• 57. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    Sprintcast Social Care

Icee1,

Thanks for providing an update of your experience with Network improvements that are taking place in your area. Our Network teams are working aggressively with completing these upgrades, so you should continue to see improvements over the coming weeks and months there.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 58. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    Sprintcast Social Care

WendyReynolds23,

Thanks for the update as well and glad to hear that you're receiving LTE in several areas there! With the ongoing Network Vision upgrades you will continue to receive better network performance for both 3G and 4G LTE as more upgrades are completed there.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

• 59. Re: Louisville, KY 4G Now please!
    Savatini Newbie

I work at GE's Appliance Park in Louisville.  I realize all the steel in the buildings affects reception, but my speed at work is SUPER-SLOW.  I dare not even attempt to stream Pandora or iHeartRadio due to the constant buffering.  There supposedly is a tower near Shepherdsville and Poplar Level Rd.  Can you give an idea of upgrades or work scheduled to be done in the area?

1 2 3 4 5 6 16 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...