1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 12:26 PM by rwherr RSS

Horrific Galaxy S4 update

McGarrett99 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

When are you folks coming out with a fix for this hideous update on the Galaxy S4, the MO7 or MO9 ?? This update has taken a wonderful phone and turned it into a nightmare. I think most of the problem lies in the Sprint 'Bloatware' apps that were included that most of us don't want or need. If it is not an android update we should have the option of either installing it or not. Samsung phones come with enough garbage apps preloaded, they don't need more. But fix this update already. Based on what I am hearing and reading, you have lots of angry customers right now, and customer care thinks data resets is the cure.......

• 1. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    Madman_Mordo Social Care

McGarrett99,

Glad to help. We haven't received a considerable amount of negative feedback when it comes to the MF9 update on the S4. What issues are you experiencing in particular?

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

• 2. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update

I think that considering how many people own the phone, the community isn't big enough in here for everyone to respond !!!! I have already done a factory reset, (useless) as the update returns in almost 5 minutes, been told to do a data reset twice, power off the phone so (things can be refreshed on our end) and other silly things. It still has not helped my shaky wifi connection at times at home, even though I have an airrave and a nice gentleman reset it to brand new, since he was kind enough to tell me that Samsung customers have bigger problems connecting to it than all others. I also keep getting a MIP error message when I come home and power the phone back up to connect with my airrave, as without it I get no reception in the house at all. And it is not the router....Geek Squad was here and upgraded my entire home network 5 days ago, and did a performance check on all components and everything is working as it should or better than !! He did tell me that Sprint and AT&T are famous for adding 'bloatware' to updates that often adversely effect the phone. The phone comes with enough junk preloaded in it both from Samsung and Sprint that most of us will never use or miss if it is gone. Just eats up ram, can't be uninstalled, and runs in the background. Not that I would ever do it, but I can fully understand why people 'root' their phones, mainly to get rid of this garbage once and for all !!! I also was made aware that a fix is coming, but no one knows when. A very nice man at a local Sprint store out here by me who is experiencing similar issues is keeping an eye out and will call me when it is made available. I really hope that Sprint has enough good sense that when jellybean 4.3 is made available for this phone as an update this fall, to leave it alone and not add things on to it. The performance of 4.3 is supposed to be amazing, but if you guys piggy back and add your own junk to it, it is a potential nightmare as well.

• 3. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    AuntMimito8 Newbie

I'm having the exact same issues! If I hold down my home button to clear out programs, I always have the MIP Error Activity Window up, but I didn't open it! I'm always having issues staying connected to my wifi at home or anywhere else as a matter of fact. What is the issue? When is it going to be fixed? I should have stayed with my S2 cuz it didn't have these issues! Anyone??

• 4. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    Madman_Mordo Social Care

McGarrett99,

Let's get to the bottom of this. Are you receiving a specific code associated with the MIP error message?

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

• 5. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    Madman_Mordo Social Care

AuntMimito8,

Sounds like you are having the same issue as McGarrett99. Are you receiving a specific code associated with the MIP error message?

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

• 6. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update

No code at all. When I click on it  the little android guy disappears. Why not just come out with an uninstall for all of this ?? I really don't need the clear tool bar, and could care less about the Sprint ID updates.. And as for moving data to the micro sd card, I can use my computer for that................

• 7. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    Madman_Mordo Social Care

McGarrett99,

This issue is being investigated. I'll update you with a solution as soon as possible.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

• 8. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    TINO107 Newbie

I also experience the same issue with my Galaxy S4.  MIPError with no code associated with it.  It appears as an active app, when viewing active apps by holding down the home button.  Since the error, or better yet the update, I've noticed an extreme slowdown of 4G connection or I'm lucky to get 4G at all.  When I first bought the phone it was running fast and found 4G pretty frequently.  Now, not so much.

• 9. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    TESSVIS99 Newbie

I have the exact problems and more. Plz fix it. I am very frustrated and disappointed in my purchase.

• 10. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    slimdoggmillionaire Newbie

I have the same issue as described above. No error message. MIPError shows as an open app. When you click on it, it just disappears.

• 11. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    ANDREBAKER00 Newbie

I am also having the  MIPERRACTIVITY error.  Also my notifications notifications don't save.  Instead I have to reset the phone ,  even when I factory reset my phone.  Very frustrating.

• 12. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    jk714 Newbie

I too am having this issue Screenshot_2013-09-13-02-03-15.png

• 13. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    MahlonP Valued Member

I just ignore the MIP error message. It's triggered when Wi-Fi is enabled at boot and there seems to be no detrimental effects to it's appearance other than just having a presence in the Recently Used list. I'd rather have 4.3 come out with some optimization and a bug check so that a factory reset is not necessary after this update.

• 14. Re: Horrific Galaxy S4 update
    ClaudioT Newbie

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue as McGarrett99.  Please keep me updated as well when a solution is found.

Thank you

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points